Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 16, 2016
This movie is a re-enactment of a young boy, a pastor's son, who travels to heaven while on the operating table in the hospital. He travels to heaven, though he remains alive the entire time. It reveals many aspects of heaven not revealed before. But, as always, new information and the questions they answer always create many new questions. The movie's focus attempts to prove that the boy went to heaven, and only peripherally describes the environment & lifestyles in heaven. It raises far more questions than it answers. The movie isn't that long -- it doesn't give its length on the case. I wish it took more time to answer some of the more obvious questions it raises. More viewers might be willing to accept that the boy did go to heaven if it did.

The case says it is not recommended for children because of violence. I disagree. I don't remember any violence in the move. Pastor does shout at God when he thinks his son is dying in the hospital. This movie can strengthen anyone's faith in God. It shows a dynamic, not a surreal, relationship with God. It is a must see for the entire family, and the entire family should watch it together.
on April 19, 2017
Even the most faithful often have moments of doubt

Even the most faithful have moments of doubt, moments when they wish for absolute certainty, And this book speaks to those moments beautifully. Whether you wonder about what's next for yourself or someone you lost, this will give you something to think and pray about.
on September 11, 2014
I loved the book! Heaven is for Real is an uplifting story. I read many of the reviews and was disappointed by all of the negative comments. As a society, many have become so cynical to believe this is a true story. As a parent, I can only imagine what a difficult decision it was for this family to tell this beautiful story to the world. I can only say "Thank You to Colten and the rest of the Burpo family for sharing your story. It gives us all hope that our life on this earth may end, but our journey will continue on!
2 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on June 1, 2014
This is the most wonderful and inspiring book that I have read in a very long time. I truly believe this little boy's story because there is no possible way of him knowing these people and events unless it actually happened to him. I would recommend this book to everyone, no matter what your beliefs are.
on September 9, 2017
I liked it :()
on November 14, 2017
great
on September 22, 2017
Good book
on May 26, 2014
The story is well written. I have yet to see the movie. I have no doubt this child is telling what he believes to be a true story. I hope it is true as well. As the story progresses and the boy begins to elaborate on his tale at his father's prompting, I couldn't help but feel he was embellishing. Clearly the fact the he was raised around his preacher father's life style and sermons gave him more material on which to draw than say a child raised in a zero faith family. I do however hope and feel he experienced something.
on April 6, 2017
This is incredible, based on a true story. Thank you, Lord God for saving the life of this child and giving him the voice to relay his heavenly experience to his family.
on May 17, 2014
They say a book is always better than the movie which is why I decided to buy the book and not just watch the movie. As I have not seen the movie for comparison, I can't remark on how the book compares to the movie.

The book is good although I feel that the writer drags things out a bit much. It feels like the writer is trying to make the book longer by dragging out the story line. Although this is an author issue and not a story issue.

This is a certainly a faith building story.