Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 277 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 352 reviews
on December 16, 2016
This movie is a re-enactment of a young boy, a pastor's son, who travels to heaven while on the operating table in the hospital. He travels to heaven, though he remains alive the entire time. It reveals many aspects of heaven not revealed before. But, as always, new information and the questions they answer always create many new questions. The movie's focus attempts to prove that the boy went to heaven, and only peripherally describes the environment & lifestyles in heaven. It raises far more questions than it answers. The movie isn't that long -- it doesn't give its length on the case. I wish it took more time to answer some of the more obvious questions it raises. More viewers might be willing to accept that the boy did go to heaven if it did.

The case says it is not recommended for children because of violence. I disagree. I don't remember any violence in the move. Pastor does shout at God when he thinks his son is dying in the hospital. This movie can strengthen anyone's faith in God. It shows a dynamic, not a surreal, relationship with God. It is a must see for the entire family, and the entire family should watch it together.
on June 14, 2014
This was a very touching story about a boy's near death experience that slowly unfolds in bits and pieces
to his parents. It is never forced and is gently encouraged by his Minister Father and Mother. Who at
first are bewildered by some of their son's statements. I have read many books on near death exper-
iences and have no doubt of their validity but this one from a child was so vivid and seemimgly fact-
ual according to scriptures that it was even more convincing. My only regret is that I felt a whole chunk
of time was missing 3/4 the way through and it wasn't until the end that I discovered on my Kindle reader
that I had inadvertantly ordered the "film version". If I had wanted to do that I woild have just watched
it on Netflix. Now it's too late. I would reccomend reading the original version if you want all the story.
on April 19, 2017
Even the most faithful often have moments of doubt

Even the most faithful have moments of doubt, moments when they wish for absolute certainty, And this book speaks to those moments beautifully. Whether you wonder about what's next for yourself or someone you lost, this will give you something to think and pray about.
on September 11, 2014
I loved the book! Heaven is for Real is an uplifting story. I read many of the reviews and was disappointed by all of the negative comments. As a society, many have become so cynical to believe this is a true story. As a parent, I can only imagine what a difficult decision it was for this family to tell this beautiful story to the world. I can only say "Thank You to Colten and the rest of the Burpo family for sharing your story. It gives us all hope that our life on this earth may end, but our journey will continue on!
on June 1, 2014
This is the most wonderful and inspiring book that I have read in a very long time. I truly believe this little boy's story because there is no possible way of him knowing these people and events unless it actually happened to him. I would recommend this book to everyone, no matter what your beliefs are.
on September 9, 2017
I liked it :()
on September 22, 2017
Good book
on January 22, 2015
It's a lovely book to read. I really believed that Colton Burpo saw Heaven and met the people he says were in Heaven. But on a few occasions I read claims Colton made which made me wonder about the veracity of everything he said he experienced. In this day and age of super weapons and intricate computer hacking, why would the angels of heaven still carry swords? Are the swords imbued with miraculous powers or does God not allow high technology in Heaven????
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2014
The story is well written. I have yet to see the movie. I have no doubt this child is telling what he believes to be a true story. I hope it is true as well. As the story progresses and the boy begins to elaborate on his tale at his father's prompting, I couldn't help but feel he was embellishing. Clearly the fact the he was raised around his preacher father's life style and sermons gave him more material on which to draw than say a child raised in a zero faith family. I do however hope and feel he experienced something.
on April 6, 2017
This is incredible, based on a true story. Thank you, Lord God for saving the life of this child and giving him the voice to relay his heavenly experience to his family.