Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Heaven is for Real Movie Edition: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 CM - Mens Grooming Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 280 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 31, 2014
This amazing story.is believe able because it is told incorporating a child's recounting of heavenly events.

Highly recommend to anyone.
on May 11, 2016
I believe that the world needs to read this book. It brought me such peace...with life and with my thoughts about death. I have been a believer for a few years now, and this story was icing on the cake.
on September 11, 2014
I loved the book! Heaven is for Real is an uplifting story. I read many of the reviews and was disappointed by all of the negative comments. As a society, many have become so cynical to believe this is a true story. As a parent, I can only imagine what a difficult decision it was for this family to tell this beautiful story to the world. I can only say "Thank You to Colten and the rest of the Burpo family for sharing your story. It gives us all hope that our life on this earth may end, but our journey will continue on!
on July 7, 2014
I found this book (and the movie) very inspiring. There are always those who will disagree or find fault with this subject in general, however I believe that with God all things are possible. I felt the love, mercy and grace of God as I read this knowing there is much more to God than what we have been taught. Read this book with an open mind and draw your own conclusions.
on March 28, 2014
When I was told to read this book I did so to compare it with the upcoming movie. I couldn't put it down. Read 17 chapters the first night and finished in the morning. When I saw that the movie was going to start on April 16, 2014 I started to tear up, my son would have been 30 on this day. He past away in 2009. I felt this was God's way of letting me know that he was fine and that I would be seeing him again. Can't wait to see the movie.
on June 12, 2014
This is the story of a little boy’s near-death vision of heaven (I haven’t yet seen the movie). While there are some serious theological and scriptural problems with it, it is an interesting read. It is written from a fundamentalist Protestant point of view by a rural Midwestern Wesleyan preacher who supports himself by running a garage door company. I do not know much about his background, but from the book it appears that he preaches more from the heart than from a solid theological or scriptural education. I do not believe that he intentionally falsified anything, but he accepts such non-scriptural ideas as that everyone in heaven except Jesus has wings, and their size seems to have some significance. He also accepts the little boy’s childlike claim that Jesus has a rainbow-colored horse. This is cute and sentimental, but hardly theological, and sounds uncomfortably close to the old toy "My Little Pony." The boy had never been told of a miscarriage that his mother had had several years earlier, yet he knew about it, allegedly from meeting the unborn child in heaven. This sounds miraculous until we find out that his older sister had been told of it. It is not hard to picture her telling her brother. Lit-tle children are not noted for keeping secrets. Also, the boy claims that everyone in heaven is a young adult in his physical prime, yet he says he sat on Jesus’ lap. This conjures up a rather curious image. The process of the boy’s telling of his experiences in heaven took several years. In reading the book I cannot help the feeling that Burpo unconsciously and unintentionally prompted the child to say some of the things that he did.
Before taking the book too seriously, one should also read D. Eric Williams’ "Heaven Is For Real, the Book Isn’t." Both books are easy to read and can be completed in a single long evening. Williams is also a fundamentalist Protestant who challenges many of the premises of the boy’s vision. Both he and Burpo are steeped in "sola Scriptura," “only the Bible,” the doctrine that the Bible is the only source of revelation. This is rejected by the Catholic traditions, which believe that while the Bible contains all things necessary to salvation, the Holy Spirit uses many other sources as well to reveal his truth.
I do not mean to discourage anyone from reading the book or seeing the movie, but I admonish those who do so not to get caught up in the sentimentality of it. It is easy to want it all to be true, but a reasonable amount of doubt is healthy.
on June 30, 2014
Great book and so real. Heaven is REAL!!!!! I trust everyone, who believes and accepted Jesus Christ in their life will know Heaven is Real...What day that will be when my Jesus I shall see. With family and friends what day of rejoicing...
on March 27, 2014
I have lost a child, and after reading this book, I feel more at peace. I also was angry with God. but now I'm not. I would recommend this book to everyone. I am so looking forward to seeing the movie.
on June 14, 2014
This was a very touching story about a boy's near death experience that slowly unfolds in bits and pieces
to his parents. It is never forced and is gently encouraged by his Minister Father and Mother. Who at
first are bewildered by some of their son's statements. I have read many books on near death exper-
iences and have no doubt of their validity but this one from a child was so vivid and seemimgly fact-
ual according to scriptures that it was even more convincing. My only regret is that I felt a whole chunk
of time was missing 3/4 the way through and it wasn't until the end that I discovered on my Kindle reader
that I had inadvertantly ordered the "film version". If I had wanted to do that I woild have just watched
it on Netflix. Now it's too late. I would reccomend reading the original version if you want all the story.
on January 22, 2015
It's a lovely book to read. I really believed that Colton Burpo saw Heaven and met the people he says were in Heaven. But on a few occasions I read claims Colton made which made me wonder about the veracity of everything he said he experienced. In this day and age of super weapons and intricate computer hacking, why would the angels of heaven still carry swords? Are the swords imbued with miraculous powers or does God not allow high technology in Heaven????
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse