Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Heaven's Calling: A Memoir of One Soul's Steep Ascent
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on August 3, 2010
Having read three books of Leanne's, I decided I wanted to read her autobiography. What a treat. The only other autobiography that has thrilled me as much is Agnes Sanford, Sealed Orders. Agnes is featured in this book of Leanne's. In fact Agnes took note of Leanne after she wrote her first book, Real Presence, and invited Leanne to visit and that account is given. What a a real treat to read and re- read this author. All her books are so rich with truth and insight that one could read them many times and still glean new revelation.
on October 3, 2008
Leanne Payne's recollections of her past, and her reflective thoughts are rich and so rewarding to readers. I have thoroughly enjoyed knowing more about her and have gained much by reading her thoughts.
on July 17, 2014
I first became aware of Leanne Payne about 20 years ago when I had an interest in the fusion of evangelical Christianity, sacramental Christianity, and the healing ministry. This autobiography, while not a spellbinder, provides many insights into how Payne came to be the person she now is.

In my view, Payne is one of a small number of Christian ministers who "speak with authority." By "speaking with authority" I mean three things: first of all, her message is firmly grounded in the teachings and doctrines of traditional, orthodox Christianity; secondly, her ministry actually changes lives and seems to invoke the workings of the Holy Spirit in a tangible way; thirdly, her ministry addresses the issues of the day without compromise or apology.

One of Payne's overriding concerns - possibly stemming from the early death of her father - is the question of gender, both male and female, but primarily the crisis of masculinity in the modern world. Many years ago, Payne foresaw the rise of the "gay rights" movement, and perceived its grave threat to biblical Christianity. Today's headlines remind us how far this movement has "progressed" and how seriously it has infiltrated Christianity. Payne's answer to this and other contemporary issues is that Christians can no longer afford to compromise with "the spirit of the times," and that to continue to do so will leave the salt without its savor. And contrary to what you read in the newspaper, Payne claims that homosexuality can indeed be healed. This alone makes her a "public enemy" for much of the secular intelligentsia.

One quibble with the book is that although the photo section depicts many of Payne's "prayer partners" over the years, there is not a lot of specific detail about the actual workings of her prayer ministry. I was somewhat surprised to read that her own prayer ministry was not officially incorporated until she approached her fiftieth birthday, and it seemed that she had jumped from age 25 to age 50 with about 10 or 15 years not so much unaccounted for but significantly condensed.

The main thing I took from the book is that "spiritual warfare" will now become the lot of anyone who wants to take his or her Christianity seriously. Gone are the days when society in general will give any support at all to people who take their Christianity seriously. Indeed, we are now seeing Christians hauled into court for attempting to live their lives according to their Bible-based morality. For such people, Leanne Payne can serve as an inspiration as someone who has long been on the front lines of spiritual warfare.
on July 8, 2011
I have read all of LeAnne's books,some of them several times. I also had the privilege of meeting her at a small gathering in New Jersey where I think I was really the only one there who realized how much God was using this precious women to help set his children free. Please if you have a chance read all of her books. You will not be disappointed.
on February 19, 2014
Leanne Payne is one of my favorite authors, and so I was delighted when I recently discovered her autobiography, written just a few years ago. Though it reiterated some of the stories of her life with which I was familiar from her other writings, it filled in some gaps and gave me a better overview of who she was as a person. I also gained some new insights and seemed to have highlighted half the book!
on May 23, 2012
It was a very well written book, engaging and interesting as well as hopeful. I found Leanne Payne's life very interesting. I know her personally and there was so much I didn't know about her life. She is a remarkable woman and determine and full of faith.
on July 8, 2010
Leanne Payne is one of the greatest blessings to the Body of Christ! Rev 12:11 says "They defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony." Here is Leanne's testimony, and what a glorious story it is.
on December 25, 2008
This is an excellent autobiography of a godly woman. I have read most of her other books on healing. She is truly a humble servant of God and a great example for all followers of Christ.
on September 16, 2009
This book is a wonderful portrayal of Leanne Payne and her lifes journey in Christ. I loved the book...........She is a powerful woman of God......
on June 5, 2014
I had trouble putting down this book, though at times it was over my head! She is a very learned scholar, the likes of C.S. Lewis and I had difficulty at times understanding what she was trying to say. I would read over the same words a few times until it sunk in what she was talking about, my fault, not hers. I would love so much to be able to meet with her and experience the Healing that she talks about in here. My walk with God had grown so much, after reading the truths that He has spoken to her. I feel as though it took this book to awaken recesses in my heart to see Him and know Him. Again... wishing for the chance to meet her... Please read, it will change your life!