Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,505 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,598 reviews
on October 27, 2013
I've used my clamps a total of 4 times for simple 20min-1 hour gigs clamping cloth backgrounds to wires. 2 days ago I used them to clamp on to small PVC 1/4" pipe. Far from taxing their abilities... or so I thought. After about 2 hours of being clamped to the pipe one of the clamps suddenly snapped at the joint sending the 2 halves of the clamp missile-style in either direction, one leaving a chip of paint out of my wall and the other hitting my model in the face. While we were dealing with that, less than an hour later we came back to the room to figure out something new and apparently while we were out, another one had done the same thing! I'm lucky she's not going to sue me. I probably would if I were in her place for the photographer being so stupid as to buy these pieces of junk.
(I'll post pictures of the pipe and the broken pieces so you can see how little it takes for them to break)
review image
44 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 29, 2015
DESCRIPTION
> 4 1/2" long X 3 1/2" high X 5/8" thick
> Jaws open to 1 3/4" (maybe 2" if you strain), but are probably best used to clamp a maximum thickness of about 1"
> Jaw pads 5/8" x 7/8"
> Closer than the pads the inside of the jaw can grip round poles 7/8" to ~1 1/4" in diameter
> The pads pivot, so they are parallel to each other when gripping, which (while providing a strong gap) spreads out the pressure and does not damage surfaces.
> The pads have a groove down the center, perpendicular to the clamps which might be useful for gripping 1/8" to 1/4" poles.

EVALUATION
> The clamps I received are well made, and none are broken.
> I suspect that the reviewers who reported that they broke spread them too far---with the jaws open more than about an inch the tension is very strong. If you use them to clamp things less than about 1", I doubt that they would break.
> I'll report on my experience in the future.

> Click on “Stoney” just below the product title to see my other reviews, or leave a comment to ask questions.
on April 6, 2017
These little clamps are quite a bargain--which is a rare thing to say when purchasing photo/video equipment. Honestly, it's an industry that lives to squeeze every cent out of dreamers who want professional quality, but don't want to have to sell a kidney to get it.

Enter these little clamps. You might think that I'm giving faint praise here, but these are quite useful for hanging photographic backdrops, holding together gels, reflectors, etc. Trust me--you'll find a lot of uses for them. Also, those little soft pads at the end of the pincers are great at preventing damage and equalizing pressure.

Given their price, they're quite a bargain.
on January 18, 2013
I bought these clamps on January 6th 2013. I believe I received the clamps on January 9th. Which was fast for me I'll be honest. It is now January 18th 2013 and two of the clamps have broken. What I did was set up my green screen on a home built stand of PVC pipe. The PVC pipe is 1" in diameter. The clamps (all 6) had been holding my screen taut since January 12th. So not even a full week later, and 2 of these have broken. Not only that, but they appear to have flown across the room. They break at the handle and can't maintain a hold. Completely worthless. I wish the rating would have been lower on these things to have prevented me from buying in the first place.
on March 14, 2017
Bought this to go with my green screen (https://www.amazon.com/Collapsible-Backdrop-Background-Photography-Television/dp/B01CY0OV26/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1489507156&sr=1-1&keywords=Neewer%C2%AE+9+x+13+ft%2F2.8+x+4M+Photo+Studio+100%25+Pure+Muslin+Collapsible+Backdrop+Background+for+Photography%2CVideo+and+Television+%28Background+Only%29-Green) & stand (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E6GRHBO/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_5).

The clamps are durable, strong, and hold extremely well. Call me pleased!
on December 23, 2016
Great price, great quality! These guys will work for many projects, but I use them in photography and love them!! They hold up even the heaviest backgrounds. I haven't had a problem with them at all! Very sturdy and heavy duty! Highly recommended! Find my review helpful? Please click "helpful". If not, please leave a comment letting me know how I can improve! My goal is to give the best review experience possible! :)
on January 23, 2013
3 of them cracked and broke at the clamps pivot point within 2 uses. This was nor stretching the jaws to the limit either, simple 1" clamping of reflectors to shelving. Save your money, not worth the aggravation.
on March 10, 2016
Oh man - these were perfect for holding up my custom sound foam panel I made up on a LimoStudio background stand.

At first I was disappointed, as these were smaller than the other clamps I had, and I was expecting the larger size. But this size was actually PERFECT for holding a backdrop on that LimoStudio stand, and they were exactly what I needed!
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 29, 2016
These look to be high quality, but are TERRIBLE. I'm very disappointed that I can't return them anymore, when this product should never been sold in the first place. Amazon put a "other folks who purchased this item also purchased this" link, so I bought these to go with the same brand backdrop. As the clamps and the backdrop supposedly went together, you would think there would be no problems. These clamps are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. All six of them have now snapped in half from the backdrop pole and they DID appear to fit correctly. And when they pop off (you have no idea when it will happen, as each of these popped off at different points of times, weeks apart), they pop off extremely hard, like a missile and crack in complete half and the metal from the middle could put out an eye because they literally shoot across the room. Don't buy these if you have kids or value your eyesight. I predict in the future, someone will get hurt badly and there will be a lawsuit as there are over 1000 feedback and TONS of them say exactly what I just wrote. Not smart Amazon.
I purchased these clamps to hold a vinyl sheet in place that was draped over a backdrop stand. Man, these things are strong. So strong that I was able to use them to secure a sheet of plexiglass to another photo shooting table that I was using for product photography. this has to be some of the toughest plastic that I've used. I'd definitely recommend these.