Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 27, 2013
I've used my clamps a total of 4 times for simple 20min-1 hour gigs clamping cloth backgrounds to wires. 2 days ago I used them to clamp on to small PVC 1/4" pipe. Far from taxing their abilities... or so I thought. After about 2 hours of being clamped to the pipe one of the clamps suddenly snapped at the joint sending the 2 halves of the clamp missile-style in either direction, one leaving a chip of paint out of my wall and the other hitting my model in the face. While we were dealing with that, less than an hour later we came back to the room to figure out something new and apparently while we were out, another one had done the same thing! I'm lucky she's not going to sue me. I probably would if I were in her place for the photographer being so stupid as to buy these pieces of junk.
(I'll post pictures of the pipe and the broken pieces so you can see how little it takes for them to break)
review image
44 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
DESCRIPTION
> 4 1/2" long X 3 1/2" high X 5/8" thick
> Jaws open to 1 3/4" (maybe 2" if you strain), but are probably best used to clamp a maximum thickness of about 1"
> Jaw pads 5/8" x 7/8"
> Closer than the pads the inside of the jaw can grip round poles 7/8" to ~1 1/4" in diameter
> The pads pivot, so they are parallel to each other when gripping, which (while providing a strong gap) spreads out the pressure and does not damage surfaces.
> The pads have a groove down the center, perpendicular to the clamps which might be useful for gripping 1/8" to 1/4" poles.

EVALUATION
> The clamps I received are well made, and none are broken.
> I suspect that the reviewers who reported that they broke spread them too far---with the jaws open more than about an inch the tension is very strong. If you use them to clamp things less than about 1", I doubt that they would break.
> I'll report on my experience in the future.

> Click on “Stoney” just below the product title to see my other reviews, or leave a comment to ask questions.
on December 28, 2016
The clamps are everything I needed!!! Setting up my home studio and found these clamps under $10 I was sold! They are very durable and holds my sequins fabric on my backdrop with ease. When they stated Heavy duty, they are heavy duty! Great price, very affordable and does the job! Would recommend to everyone.
review image review image review image review image
on September 25, 2017
Clamp-wise worked as needed. But one of the kids at the party knocked the backdrop over and 2 of the 3 clamps shattered in multiple pieces upon impact on the gymnasium floor. I would have thought they could withstand something of that nature, but also don't have much experience with backdrops and clamps. So will likely spend a few extra bucks next time for actual heavy duty clamps.
on February 26, 2015
These large clamps are heavy duty and keep a firm grip on the fabric that I use on my PVC-pipe photography backdrop stand. They are almost too stiff for me to open with just one hand, but they definitely stay in place once clamped. They are just the right size to clamp around either the 3/4" or the 1" PVC pipe. The teeth of the clamp don't actually come together when using the 3/4" pipe, but that doesn't seem to matter since the mouth of the clamp fits so snugly around the pipe.
on August 12, 2017
Bought these clamps for my backdrop. I wanted to secure my backdrop more. They do feel cheap and plastic but don't let it deter you from buying it because I've used it several times on my backdrop and they have held up quite nicely! For the price, I would say get it so you won't end up with a droopy backdrop. No one likes droopy but they do like snoopy
on May 20, 2016
Received these 4 clamps and immediately put them to use. I have a huge 10ft x 16ft Green Chromakey Chroma Key Muslin Backdrop Background Screen that I use on a heavy duty background holder. I noticed that only 2 clamps are more than strong enough to hold the ends of the backdrop up to the top. However, since it is fabric we are dealing with an additional one or 2 clamps were needed to reduce the amount of wrinkling and keep the fabric snugly against the backdrop holder bar. My initial impression of these were that the quality looked pretty low. Plastic construction with some pieces that looked off centered made me think these were definitely a no frills, no flashy features kind of product. I already had a few clamps that were all metal and very pleasing to the eyes. Once I put these clamps to use I would have to say that they outperform the flashy all metal clamps I’ve had for at least a decade. I received these clamps Sept 2015 and have had them holding up my heavy backgrounds nonstop since the time of this review. They are still going strong and providing the same gripping power as they did at first purchase.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 30, 2015
I bought this to use during some carpentry work around the house gluing together some soft woods such as pine. It works alright but I do not get a sense of quality construction and comfort knowing it will stand the use as the plastics do bend. It feels slightly fragile yet for under 1.5 inches of aperture it seems to work well. I bought this seeing it is the number one ranked item for its category, however, after purchase and use it seems that the popularity is perhaps based mostly on price rather than quality. Therefore, I think this is a 3.5 stars item rounded up to four stars due to low price.
on November 26, 2016
I finally got around to hanging some muslin from my new LimoStudio Photo Video Studio 10Ft Adjustable Muslin Background Backdrop Support System Stand, AGG1112. The clamps gripped well and did a good job of holding the cloth to the stand. I could probably have bought something similar at Lowes or Home Depot for less money, but these do the job.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I purchased these clamps to hold a vinyl sheet in place that was draped over a backdrop stand. Man, these things are strong. So strong that I was able to use them to secure a sheet of plexiglass to another photo shooting table that I was using for product photography. this has to be some of the toughest plastic that I've used. I'd definitely recommend these.