Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 1,514 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,607 reviews
on October 27, 2013
I've used my clamps a total of 4 times for simple 20min-1 hour gigs clamping cloth backgrounds to wires. 2 days ago I used them to clamp on to small PVC 1/4" pipe. Far from taxing their abilities... or so I thought. After about 2 hours of being clamped to the pipe one of the clamps suddenly snapped at the joint sending the 2 halves of the clamp missile-style in either direction, one leaving a chip of paint out of my wall and the other hitting my model in the face. While we were dealing with that, less than an hour later we came back to the room to figure out something new and apparently while we were out, another one had done the same thing! I'm lucky she's not going to sue me. I probably would if I were in her place for the photographer being so stupid as to buy these pieces of junk.
(I'll post pictures of the pipe and the broken pieces so you can see how little it takes for them to break)
review image
44 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 29, 2015
DESCRIPTION
> 4 1/2" long X 3 1/2" high X 5/8" thick
> Jaws open to 1 3/4" (maybe 2" if you strain), but are probably best used to clamp a maximum thickness of about 1"
> Jaw pads 5/8" x 7/8"
> Closer than the pads the inside of the jaw can grip round poles 7/8" to ~1 1/4" in diameter
> The pads pivot, so they are parallel to each other when gripping, which (while providing a strong gap) spreads out the pressure and does not damage surfaces.
> The pads have a groove down the center, perpendicular to the clamps which might be useful for gripping 1/8" to 1/4" poles.

EVALUATION
> The clamps I received are well made, and none are broken.
> I suspect that the reviewers who reported that they broke spread them too far---with the jaws open more than about an inch the tension is very strong. If you use them to clamp things less than about 1", I doubt that they would break.
> I'll report on my experience in the future.

> Click on “Stoney” just below the product title to see my other reviews, or leave a comment to ask questions.
These little clamps are quite a bargain--which is a rare thing to say when purchasing photo/video equipment. Honestly, it's an industry that lives to squeeze every cent out of dreamers who want professional quality, but don't want to have to sell a kidney to get it.

Enter these little clamps. You might think that I'm giving faint praise here, but these are quite useful for hanging photographic backdrops, holding together gels, reflectors, etc. Trust me--you'll find a lot of uses for them. Also, those little soft pads at the end of the pincers are great at preventing damage and equalizing pressure.

Given their price, they're quite a bargain.
on January 18, 2013
I bought these clamps on January 6th 2013. I believe I received the clamps on January 9th. Which was fast for me I'll be honest. It is now January 18th 2013 and two of the clamps have broken. What I did was set up my green screen on a home built stand of PVC pipe. The PVC pipe is 1" in diameter. The clamps (all 6) had been holding my screen taut since January 12th. So not even a full week later, and 2 of these have broken. Not only that, but they appear to have flown across the room. They break at the handle and can't maintain a hold. Completely worthless. I wish the rating would have been lower on these things to have prevented me from buying in the first place.
on December 23, 2016
Great price, great quality! These guys will work for many projects, but I use them in photography and love them!! They hold up even the heaviest backgrounds. I haven't had a problem with them at all! Very sturdy and heavy duty! Highly recommended! Find my review helpful? Please click "helpful". If not, please leave a comment letting me know how I can improve! My goal is to give the best review experience possible! :)
on March 14, 2017
Bought this to go with my green screen (https://www.amazon.com/Collapsible-Backdrop-Background-Photography-Television/dp/B01CY0OV26/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1489507156&sr=1-1&keywords=Neewer%C2%AE+9+x+13+ft%2F2.8+x+4M+Photo+Studio+100%25+Pure+Muslin+Collapsible+Backdrop+Background+for+Photography%2CVideo+and+Television+%28Background+Only%29-Green) & stand (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E6GRHBO/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_5).

The clamps are durable, strong, and hold extremely well. Call me pleased!
on January 23, 2013
3 of them cracked and broke at the clamps pivot point within 2 uses. This was nor stretching the jaws to the limit either, simple 1" clamping of reflectors to shelving. Save your money, not worth the aggravation.
on March 10, 2016
Oh man - these were perfect for holding up my custom sound foam panel I made up on a LimoStudio background stand.

At first I was disappointed, as these were smaller than the other clamps I had, and I was expecting the larger size. But this size was actually PERFECT for holding a backdrop on that LimoStudio stand, and they were exactly what I needed!
review image review image review image review image review image
on May 20, 2016
Received these 4 clamps and immediately put them to use. I have a huge 10ft x 16ft Green Chromakey Chroma Key Muslin Backdrop Background Screen that I use on a heavy duty background holder. I noticed that only 2 clamps are more than strong enough to hold the ends of the backdrop up to the top. However, since it is fabric we are dealing with an additional one or 2 clamps were needed to reduce the amount of wrinkling and keep the fabric snugly against the backdrop holder bar. My initial impression of these were that the quality looked pretty low. Plastic construction with some pieces that looked off centered made me think these were definitely a no frills, no flashy features kind of product. I already had a few clamps that were all metal and very pleasing to the eyes. Once I put these clamps to use I would have to say that they outperform the flashy all metal clamps I’ve had for at least a decade. I received these clamps Sept 2015 and have had them holding up my heavy backgrounds nonstop since the time of this review. They are still going strong and providing the same gripping power as they did at first purchase.
I purchased these clamps to hold a vinyl sheet in place that was draped over a backdrop stand. Man, these things are strong. So strong that I was able to use them to secure a sheet of plexiglass to another photo shooting table that I was using for product photography. this has to be some of the toughest plastic that I've used. I'd definitely recommend these.