Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on October 27, 2013
I've used my clamps a total of 4 times for simple 20min-1 hour gigs clamping cloth backgrounds to wires. 2 days ago I used them to clamp on to small PVC 1/4" pipe. Far from taxing their abilities... or so I thought. After about 2 hours of being clamped to the pipe one of the clamps suddenly snapped at the joint sending the 2 halves of the clamp missile-style in either direction, one leaving a chip of paint out of my wall and the other hitting my model in the face. While we were dealing with that, less than an hour later we came back to the room to figure out something new and apparently while we were out, another one had done the same thing! I'm lucky she's not going to sue me. I probably would if I were in her place for the photographer being so stupid as to buy these pieces of junk.
(I'll post pictures of the pipe and the broken pieces so you can see how little it takes for them to break)
review image
44 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
DESCRIPTION
> 4 1/2" long X 3 1/2" high X 5/8" thick
> Jaws open to 1 3/4" (maybe 2" if you strain), but are probably best used to clamp a maximum thickness of about 1"
> Jaw pads 5/8" x 7/8"
> Closer than the pads the inside of the jaw can grip round poles 7/8" to ~1 1/4" in diameter
> The pads pivot, so they are parallel to each other when gripping, which (while providing a strong gap) spreads out the pressure and does not damage surfaces.
> The pads have a groove down the center, perpendicular to the clamps which might be useful for gripping 1/8" to 1/4" poles.

EVALUATION
> The clamps I received are well made, and none are broken.
> I suspect that the reviewers who reported that they broke spread them too far---with the jaws open more than about an inch the tension is very strong. If you use them to clamp things less than about 1", I doubt that they would break.
> I'll report on my experience in the future.

> Click on “Stoney” just below the product title to see my other reviews, or leave a comment to ask questions.
on August 12, 2017
Bought these clamps for my backdrop. I wanted to secure my backdrop more. They do feel cheap and plastic but don't let it deter you from buying it because I've used it several times on my backdrop and they have held up quite nicely! For the price, I would say get it so you won't end up with a droopy backdrop. No one likes droopy but they do like snoopy
on May 20, 2016
Received these 4 clamps and immediately put them to use. I have a huge 10ft x 16ft Green Chromakey Chroma Key Muslin Backdrop Background Screen that I use on a heavy duty background holder. I noticed that only 2 clamps are more than strong enough to hold the ends of the backdrop up to the top. However, since it is fabric we are dealing with an additional one or 2 clamps were needed to reduce the amount of wrinkling and keep the fabric snugly against the backdrop holder bar. My initial impression of these were that the quality looked pretty low. Plastic construction with some pieces that looked off centered made me think these were definitely a no frills, no flashy features kind of product. I already had a few clamps that were all metal and very pleasing to the eyes. Once I put these clamps to use I would have to say that they outperform the flashy all metal clamps I’ve had for at least a decade. I received these clamps Sept 2015 and have had them holding up my heavy backgrounds nonstop since the time of this review. They are still going strong and providing the same gripping power as they did at first purchase.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 30, 2015
I bought this to use during some carpentry work around the house gluing together some soft woods such as pine. It works alright but I do not get a sense of quality construction and comfort knowing it will stand the use as the plastics do bend. It feels slightly fragile yet for under 1.5 inches of aperture it seems to work well. I bought this seeing it is the number one ranked item for its category, however, after purchase and use it seems that the popularity is perhaps based mostly on price rather than quality. Therefore, I think this is a 3.5 stars item rounded up to four stars due to low price.
on November 26, 2016
I finally got around to hanging some muslin from my new LimoStudio Photo Video Studio 10Ft Adjustable Muslin Background Backdrop Support System Stand, AGG1112. The clamps gripped well and did a good job of holding the cloth to the stand. I could probably have bought something similar at Lowes or Home Depot for less money, but these do the job.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I purchased these clamps to hold a vinyl sheet in place that was draped over a backdrop stand. Man, these things are strong. So strong that I was able to use them to secure a sheet of plexiglass to another photo shooting table that I was using for product photography. this has to be some of the toughest plastic that I've used. I'd definitely recommend these.
on October 28, 2016
5 out of 6 are broken. Not with heavy use or anything, just sitting there clamped on some canvas for photography, they all eventually broke and flew approximately 15 feet away. This product needs to be recalled or taken off the market. Nearly took an eye out.
review image
on December 1, 2017
I bought these clamps to use for a backdrop stand But I don't see them lasting too long.
They can be hard to open up at times, I need to use both hands and they are made of plastic so that can crack and break too.
They serve the purpose at the moment so they are okay for now.
on October 17, 2017
These clamps have a pretty strong grip. The edge of the clamp articulates slightly to grab onto items, like a metal bar, better. A nice touch considering I own some bigger clamps for garage use that don't have any give at the nose at all. They worked great to hang a photo backdrop.