Heavy Grips Set - Grip Strengthener - Hand Exerciser - Hand Grippers for Beginners to Professionals
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- BREAKTHROUGH YOUR PHYSICAL LIMITS – As most athletes know, if you want to improve your overall fitness you MUST train your weakest link. But there’s a difference between knowing this and DOING IT. If you’re looking to take your power lifting or other feats of strength to the next level then this is how you succeed… you TRAIN YOUR GRIP.
- DESIGNED TO INCREASE YOUR GRIP STRENGTH – There’s nothing in a typical gym that compares to these hand grippers. Just think about it. Nearly every piece of equipment you touch wasn’t SOLELY created to target and isolate your forearms, fingers, and wrists. Meaning there’s no chance they’ll be as effective as these grip strengtheners.
- ON-THE-GO HAND EXERCISES – Unlike most training, you can do these exercises just about anywhere. You can use these while you’re at the office or even in the car if you travel for work. They’re basically a discrete training tool that transforms your job and downtime into productive workout sessions.
- CREATE HANDS OF STEEL – Just like in life, you’re going to have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. We mention this because our grip handles weren’t built for dainty little hands. They were built to toughen you up and that’s how finger exercises should be. Trust us, your hands will get used to it and, afterwards, you’ll be grateful for it.
- THE PERFECT PROGRESSION – No matter where you’re starting, and how strong you want to get, there’s always room to grow. That’s why our grippers increase at 50 lbs increments: to help you stay physically challenged. Thus, if all 6 grippers seem like too much then just start with the first 3 weights (100lbs, 150lbs, 200lbs). Whatever your needs, we’ve got you covered
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Develop Tremendous Grip Strength With Heavy Grips
Hand Grippers That Help You Create Athletic Breakthroughs
Unlike most folks in the gym, you appreciate the GAINS that come from hand exercises. Since, as you know, real strength comes from training every group of muscles in your body.
If that weren’t the case, you wouldn’t be reading this page right now. Instead, you’d just be working on the same old workouts and failing to achieve any significant improvements.
Thankfully, that’s not the case. You want to develop serious strength and Heavy Grips is here to help. If you’re ready to improve your grip, and overall fitness, then you’re going to like what your arms look like after using these grip strengtheners.
No Piece of Gym Equipment Even Comes Close
While there’s plenty of great exercises to do in the gym, there’s not much that comes to mind to specifically train your grip. Especially when you compare them to a set of REAL hand grippers- not the plastic-handled wannabes.
And just like with any sport, you need to complete SPECIFIC workouts in order to properly prepare for it. So, you need to do the same with your grip. Otherwise, it won’t get dramatically better.
That’s why we’ve designed the Heavy Grips to build up your forearms and all the supportive areas around it: to finally give you a bone-crushing grip.
If that’s what you want then keep reading...
Turn Downtime Into Valuable Workouts
With a lot of weight training, you can’t just do it anywhere you please. You need to head to your local facility in order to fit in a tough session of lifting. That’s just the way it is.
However, what’s great about these grip strengtheners is the fact that you can use them just about anywhere you want- so long as you remember to bring them with you.
That means you can break them out while you’re on your morning commute to work or you can fit in a few reps throughout the day at your job. It’s a win-win either way.
These aluminum handles are knurled to ensure a non-slip surface. Which may be a little rough on your hands but that’s what calluses are for anyways.
Our line of grippers increase at 50 lbs increments which keeps the resistance increasing without feeling like too big a jump. It’s just the right amount.
With hand strengtheners up to 350 lbs of resistance, there’s plenty of demanding options to keep you busy. Let’s get you started already!
Color: 100 lbs - 350 lbs
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
835 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-4 of 835 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As far as the product is concerned, I like the distance between handles when compared to GHP & Captains of Crush, especially for the lighter weight warm-up/high-rep grippers and the less aggressive knurling is fine when you're not going for a 1-rep max (it's actually nice for high reps). The quality is suspect as mentioned above. I also feel the actual weight rating has a pretty wide distribution (loose tolerance). This guy has gone through a lot of trouble measuring different brands and is a good reference (http://gripratings.com/index.php?id=3) when comparing brands. A few of them squeaked when new and needed a touch of oil (GHP & CoC did not). The handles seemed to be glued onto the springs. Both issues I had were identical (handle began spinning in relation to the spring, eventually comes detached).
I personally prefer the GHP grippers. I like the build quality, different knurling on each handle, finger marks, and from the three I own (and info on the website above) they seem to have a tighter distribution (if you get a GHP 6, it seems to be within a few pounds of the claimed closing weight). The distance between the GHP's handles is pretty wide, which means I have to go through some effort setting them (I can't just grab and go very easily, even on a light one). CoC is a good quality also (I only own a 1.5). I'd say very close to GHP quality in my eyes (I see the GHP as a perfected CoC design though the CoC design is solid).
All-in-all the heavy grips aren't bad (assuming warranties are honored and you don't mind dealing with the hassle), and they do have their good points (closer handle distance, less knurling if you're doing high reps, sometimes the loose tolerance works out in your favor if one CoC/GHP is too tough and the previous not challenging enough, the price is better so you can buy 3 grippers up front in case you're not sure exactly which one matches your strength for about the price of one CoC or GHP). The downside is overall quality (sometimes squeaks, sometimes breaks, wider distribution around a given weight).
It really comes down to what's the right trade-off for you and your personal goals. Hope this helped ...
Now to compare the strength difference between these Heavy Gripper (HG) and Captain of Crush (COC).
The COC grippers are rated as follow:
COC #0.5: 120lbs
COC #1: 140lbs
COC #1.5: 167.5lbs
COC #2: 195lbs
COC #2.5: 237.5lbs
COC #3: 280lbs
As mentioned previously, I'm within a few millimeters to closing the COC #2 grippers, which is rated for 195lbs. In comparison with HG, I was easily doing reps with the HG200 with both hands, which is rated for 200lbs. To me, the Heavy Gripper HG200 seems a bit easier than the COC #1, maybe just a tad heavier than COC #0.5.
With the HG250, I was able to close for 1 rep with my right hand (about an inch from closing with my left). Certainly the HG250 is a little bit lighter than the COC #2, but a bit heavier than the COC #1.5. The HG250 is perfect for me to build my strength up to the COC #2.
Ignoring the "rating" and strength differences, overall, these are very good grippers for a much cheaper price than the Ironmind Captain of Crush. These are defintely a thousand times better than the typical big-box store's grippers and comes with a lifetime warranty. The handles' knurling is little less aggressive than the Ironmind, which is great. The handles are slightly closer together in comparison to the COC, which makes it easier to grip for those who have smaller hands. If you are not a grip fanatic and your goal is primarily just to develop stronger crushing grip strength, these grippers are the way to go. However, if you are striving to get your Ironmind COC certifications, you should just go with the Ironmind grippers to get used to the way they feel.