Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Heavy Hitter I.T. Sales Strategy: Competitive Insights from Interviews with 1,000+ Key Information Technology Decision Makers and Top Technology Salespeople Hardcover – October 1, 2014
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Author
This book is for senior technology salespeople and sales leaders, those who have been in the field for five, ten, and fifteen plus years. It is based upon my experiences working with over one-hundred-fifty technology companies and extensive research which included three types of interviews:
- Interviews with several hundred technology vice presidents of sales about their sales organization goals, challenges, and their strategies to exceed their revenue targets. You will find interview excerpts in Part I sales organization strategy.
- Interviews with over one thousand key information technology and business services decision makers as part of the sales effectiveness consulting and win-loss analysis studies I conduct on behalf of my clients. Listening to these evaluators share their honest thoughts about how they made their decisions and why they selected the vendors they did was always fascinating. You will find interview excerpts throughout the book.
- Interviews with over one thousand Heavy Hitters (top technology salespeople) who sell for the world's best technology companies. I never grow tired hearing the stories of how these Heavy Hitters defeat their archrivals and close large deals. You will find interview excerpts in Part IV sales call strategy and Part V personal communication strategy.
From the Inside Flap
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN READING
HEAVY HITTER I.T. SALES STRATEGY
SENIOR TECHNOLOGY SALESPEOPLE
- How technology decision makers think, evaluate vendors, and select the winner.
- Comprehensive strategies for winning different types of hi-tech sales cycles.
- Key moments during sales cycles when deals are won or lost.
- Tips, techniques and best practices of top technology salespeople.
- IT organizational structure determines which vendor the customer will buy.
- How to conduct persuasive sales calls based on technology buyer personas.
- Strategies to maintain account control and establish situational dominance.
- How and when to use provocation versus alignment during sales cycles.
- Understand IT budgeting and the impact of procurement.
- Facts and metrics regarding customers' price sensitivity.
- How top technology salespeople are using social media like LinkedIn.
- How to write persuasive e-mails to penetrate new accounts and secure customer meetings.
- How to build unbeatable customer relationships using sales linguistics, the study of how the customer's mind uses language
- SALES MANAGEMENT LEADERS
- Top technology sales organization trends.
- Optimum sales organization structure based on product type and stage of company.
- What separates great from good technology sales organizations.
- Compare your management style and effectiveness against your peers.
- Key performance indicators and metrics to measure your organization's performance.
- Sales cycle strategy best practices to better guide your sales organization.
- How to coach salespeople to sell business solutions across the company.
- Top reasons technology salespeople lose business.
- Quota assignment, on target earnings and what percentage of salespeople achieve quota.
- Direct, channel, inside, and SMB sales force composition measurements.
- Personality traits of top technology salespeople for more effective hiring.
- Expert advice on how to gain strategic account control based upon the people, process, and politics of selling to complex accounts.
- Comprehensive sales call strategies to improve sales team effectiveness.
Top customer reviews
Sales managers will be better coaches and individual contributors execute more effectively once they take the time to read the insights Martin unveils in his latest book. This is without a doubt his best work to date. Another home run from this heavy hitting author and sales thought leader!