BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 21, 2014
My Nikon L 600 is a great camera but one thing they left out was a hot shoe which allows the attachment of an external light that you can use for video.

This bracket is a very simple and inexpensive workaround. It screws into your tripod socket and gives you some degree of play on how you position it.

So in bad lighting conditions or when shooting in slow-motion indoors I'm able to deploy a powerful LED light so that capture great looking video footage.

This is a simple, well-consructed device, and there's really nothing that I can see that wrong with it.
on March 30, 2013
I purchased this over a year ago and just purchased my second. I somehow misplaced the original 1/4 tripod mount but the product itself still is as new. That's after 12 months of some pretty rough handling. For the price, this thing is simply amazing. Makes me feel like a serious film maker! I love it. Use it mostly for small cameras like my canon elph and gopro. In addition to the camera I can attach a microphone and light, you can see my set up above in the customer gallery. Would purchase again and recommend a million times.
on January 6, 2016
GO PRO FANS!!! I love this Photography Bracket for my GoPro Hero Silver 4. I needed a bracket so I had better control over my filming, and just as importantly, had a hotshoe mount to fit my Rode microphone. Together with my Luxebell C200 housing for my GoPro (which has the ¼ attachment to the L bracket) and with my Rode Mic, it’s a solid combination for point-and-shoot scenarios. Super happy with the item. Especially love how it comes with two hotshoe mounts, so you can add an element like perhaps a cell phone holder so you can see live viewing for your GoPro (I don’t need it personally as the Hero 4 Silver has a screen). Like many have noted, it does have a plastic smell to it, but it wasn’t massively overwhelming to me or any different from any other plastic product. I’ve included some pics so you can see my GoPro set up. Happy to answer any questions people have about this product. Super happy with it.
review image review image review image review image
on February 12, 2012
This is a very well constructed piece of equipment with one caveat - there is a very noticeable chemical smell coming from the rubbery plastic handle. I have used alcohol wipes to no avail. If you're using this outdoors, it isn't so bad but indoors is another story. If I put the handle in my camera bag, the smell seems to linger in there as well. I hope it will eventually go away because the bracket is very solidly built and the hotshoe mounts seem sturdy. I would recommend this product as long as the buyer is aware of the chemical odor. If the chemical smell was not present, this would be a solid 5 star product.
66 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2017
This product will solve the problem of not having a shoe on your camera, the construction feels sturdy and the handle is rubber. It works with no issues so far but it does have 2 issues which is the part that screws onto the camera is completely plastic except for the screw (but it's only $7 remember that) and the other issue is the weird angle the handle is at, it seems as it should be more bent in as it leans away from the camera which just seems awkward. Overall this product is great and built well, the best part is it is only $7 and holds all my equipment with no issue.
on April 12, 2017
Nice accessory to have around. Knocked off one star because on the unit I have, one of the hotshoe mounts has a burr on it that keeps some accessories from being placed in it.

It has a comfortable rubber grip that is very thick and nice to hold. Will mount any camera or accessory with a standard tripod mount hole.

You can also mount the handle on a standard tripod, which it pretty cool. The hot shoe mounts are sideways, so keep that in mind, it just depends how you want position your camera. It's a handy accessory to have around.
I bought this to use with my Canon Vixia R40 camcorder so that I can mount a video light. The logical place for the handle is on the left side of the unit so that the right hand can be used to operate the record button of the camcorder; which is difficult to do if you place the handle on the right. The problem is you can't open the LCD screen once the handle is attached to the left of the your LCD. This makes it necessary to open the LCD, turn off the main power switch, and then attach the bracket. Then one would have to turn the power off if there were breaks when shooting. This makes it less than ideal for some small camcorders--if the bottom mount of the L-Bracket were just an inch longer it cold accommodate wider LCD screens. There are two mounts so you could do a light and a microphone if desired. If you're willing t work with that limitation it's a good bracket for the money. You could also mount it to a tripod in which case it would probably less of an issue. I might find it more useful for my Canon Powershot SX50 to get the flash off the unit or for some small DSLRs where you'd want a video light and or a microphone mount. At any rate more experimentation is needed--but overall it's a sturdy and affordable bracket for the money.
on October 7, 2017
I'd give this unit 6 stars if it had a rubber lining on the under side of where the 1/4"-20 Screw is situated so I can reverse it and rig things under the handle. excellent unit. I've used this unit in too many custom rigs to even count. the hot shoe mounting sockets just make for limitless possibility for dslr photo and video shooting. I've added a photo of one of my more odd applications. this unit saved my life during an Instagram live cast during an important event.
on February 27, 2016
I use it mostly with my Sony A6000 since the latter is unbalanced when I attach my Yongnuo 568EX II with the 16 inches circular modifier I use. I use the YN-622 controller and receiver kit. It is easily stowed. The grip could be thicker especially with the combined weight of the trigger, flash and modifier. One thing to not is that the slots are too wide for the Yongnuo to be mounted directly so I have purchased an adapter, which I also use on other extension arms and brackets, to that end.

Neewer 10083557 16-Inch Portable Mini Round Soft Box Photography Studio Shooting Tent Light Cube Diffuser
Yongnuo flash YN568ex ii Wireless Flash TTL Flash Speedlite for CANON Camera flash canon 50d + Two Free OOPSTEK Cleaning cloth for camera lenses canon lenses
YONGNUO YN-622N-KIT YN622N-KIT Wireless i-TTL Flash Trigger Kit with LED Screen for Nikon including 1X YN622N-TX Controller and 1X YN622 N Transceiver
Neewer® Black Metal Cold Shoe Flash Stand Adapter with 1/4-inch -20 Tripod Screw (5 Packs)
on October 10, 2015
As others have stated, this is a very high quality well-constructed product and worth the small price. The bad smell issue that others have mentioned only existed for about 10 minutes after opening the package.

I bought the Fotasy SCX2 1/4-Inch 20 Tripod Screw to Hot Shoe Adapter with my order which now allows me to mount just about anything (in addition to my cameras) to the bracket -- my external flash, an LED light, my Zoom sound recorder, a GoPro, Mobius, or SJ4000, and even a Red Dot sighting device for airshow video (using an adapter from PhotoSolve.com).I love all the many options it now allows me.

The only "issue" I had was that the upper arm was not quite at the same horizontal angle (not parallel) as the longer lower arm, which was a bit of a problem with mounting another camera or a red dot sight, which you would want to be pointed at exactly the same angle. Using a bit of physical muscle, I was able to bend the bracket slightly so that both arms were at exactly the same angle -- problem solved.

I wish the rubber (silicone?) handle were more rounded than flat, for better comfort, but this is only a very minor issue and certainly would not cause me to not recommend this product to others. I do recommend it.