Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jon Batiste Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 12, 2017
Nice accessory to have around. Knocked off one star because on the unit I have, one of the hotshoe mounts has a burr on it that keeps some accessories from being placed in it.

It has a comfortable rubber grip that is very thick and nice to hold. Will mount any camera or accessory with a standard tripod mount hole.

You can also mount the handle on a standard tripod, which it pretty cool. The hot shoe mounts are sideways, so keep that in mind, it just depends how you want position your camera. It's a handy accessory to have around.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I bought this to use with my Canon Vixia R40 camcorder so that I can mount a video light. The logical place for the handle is on the left side of the unit so that the right hand can be used to operate the record button of the camcorder; which is difficult to do if you place the handle on the right. The problem is you can't open the LCD screen once the handle is attached to the left of the your LCD. This makes it necessary to open the LCD, turn off the main power switch, and then attach the bracket. Then one would have to turn the power off if there were breaks when shooting. This makes it less than ideal for some small camcorders--if the bottom mount of the L-Bracket were just an inch longer it cold accommodate wider LCD screens. There are two mounts so you could do a light and a microphone if desired. If you're willing t work with that limitation it's a good bracket for the money. You could also mount it to a tripod in which case it would probably less of an issue. I might find it more useful for my Canon Powershot SX50 to get the flash off the unit or for some small DSLRs where you'd want a video light and or a microphone mount. At any rate more experimentation is needed--but overall it's a sturdy and affordable bracket for the money.
on February 27, 2016
I use it mostly with my Sony A6000 since the latter is unbalanced when I attach my Yongnuo 568EX II with the 16 inches circular modifier I use. I use the YN-622 controller and receiver kit. It is easily stowed. The grip could be thicker especially with the combined weight of the trigger, flash and modifier. One thing to not is that the slots are too wide for the Yongnuo to be mounted directly so I have purchased an adapter, which I also use on other extension arms and brackets, to that end.

Neewer 10083557 16-Inch Portable Mini Round Soft Box Photography Studio Shooting Tent Light Cube Diffuser
Yongnuo flash YN568ex ii Wireless Flash TTL Flash Speedlite for CANON Camera flash canon 50d + Two Free OOPSTEK Cleaning cloth for camera lenses canon lenses
YONGNUO YN-622N-KIT YN622N-KIT Wireless i-TTL Flash Trigger Kit with LED Screen for Nikon including 1X YN622N-TX Controller and 1X YN622 N Transceiver
Neewer® Black Metal Cold Shoe Flash Stand Adapter with 1/4-inch -20 Tripod Screw (5 Packs)
on October 10, 2015
As others have stated, this is a very high quality well-constructed product and worth the small price. The bad smell issue that others have mentioned only existed for about 10 minutes after opening the package.

I bought the Fotasy SCX2 1/4-Inch 20 Tripod Screw to Hot Shoe Adapter with my order which now allows me to mount just about anything (in addition to my cameras) to the bracket -- my external flash, an LED light, my Zoom sound recorder, a GoPro, Mobius, or SJ4000, and even a Red Dot sighting device for airshow video (using an adapter from PhotoSolve.com).I love all the many options it now allows me.

The only "issue" I had was that the upper arm was not quite at the same horizontal angle (not parallel) as the longer lower arm, which was a bit of a problem with mounting another camera or a red dot sight, which you would want to be pointed at exactly the same angle. Using a bit of physical muscle, I was able to bend the bracket slightly so that both arms were at exactly the same angle -- problem solved.

I wish the rubber (silicone?) handle were more rounded than flat, for better comfort, but this is only a very minor issue and certainly would not cause me to not recommend this product to others. I do recommend it.
on October 16, 2016
My Panasonic GH4 has a shoe mount, but I sometimes need 3 spots for Run and Gun shoots: shotgun mic, wireless lav receiver (I switch between mics), and a small light. I used this for the first time at a 6 hour event shoot last night and I loved it! Not only was it sturdy, but it was easier to grasp my camera and I experienced less hand and arm cramping than usual. PLUS, I felt it made my rig look more impressive. I was using my Tamron 24-70 VC lens (built in vibration control), and it seemed this handle also helped with stability and shake. It's absolutely AMAZING for $7. It doesn't smell at all-- people are insane.
on October 25, 2016
This bracket is as described. It really is "Heavy Duty". The odor that other reviews mention is not present in the one I received. This bracket allows you to add accessories to your camera or camcorder or really anything with a 1/4"x20 thread. As noted by others the neck of the turn screw is not very big and all the turning force is being placed onto a rather small area of the bracket. I remedied that by going to my local ACE store and in the aisle with all the nuts, bolts, and other fasteners they have some black nylon washers. The hole in the washer is just the right size. You will need three of them which will make them just a little taller then the neck on the turn screw. This will spread out the force over a much larger area. You do need to screw it down as tight as you can to avoid movement. There is no locator pin on the base as most people will use it turned 90° from the lens but a pin would be nice if used inline with the lens. Very satisfied with the build quality and the price.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Not terribly amused with this one. I use a bubble level in my hot shoe and needed to move it for a flash trigger. I had hoped I could put the bubble level on this, but while it looks like it's bent at a 90* angel, it is not, it's just an arbitrary bend and so the level doesn't tell me much when attached there. Also the cheap metal of the tripod screw and the need to tighten it as much as possible worries me about it damaging my cameras threads. But with a more trustworthy screw it will probably work fine if I need to secure anything other than a level.
on June 16, 2016
Upon purchasing this i've come to buy another mainly because i've enjoyed so much using this for video recording and photography shots. I capture on a Nikon D5100 with the grip on and having this L Bracket mounted onto it there's a much better feel in holding the camera with the added weight of the grip. Just recently June 5th 2016 i've used this grip to hold my camera and add an led light to the top. It works nicely and till date almost 1 year i've had no issues. Truly a great grip for the cost.

If you liked this review and would like me to write about other products be sure to contact me - tech@gamerzint.com

Best Regards,
Ricky
I really like this bracket and it does exactly what it advertises. It's perfect for use with my superzoom camera, as well as my DSLR for getting my shotgun mic off the camera to reduce picking up lens, etc. noise on the mic. I only gave it 4/5 stars purely because of the STENCH. Both the rubber handle and the baseplate absolutely reek. I just left it out in the garage for a week, and a lot of the smell dissipated, but it still smells a little and the smell rubs off on your hands during use. I've tried heavily scented soap, but the smell still comes back. I'm going to leave it out in the garage until I need to use it next, so hopefully the smell will eventually be gone.
on August 13, 2016
I am a wedding photographer that uses quite a bit of off camera flash. I place my trigger (with the predator dots) on the top of my camera and then use this to move my flash off axis just a few extra inches. I have purchased 3 of these and have used them hundreds of times. The overall quality of the product is better than expected but the cold shoes eventually get wobbly and need to be superglued. The bottom screw has held up longer than my camera body.

Out of the box this thing really stinks - it takes a few days to air the funk out and then it is good to go. I keep one of these in my rolling bag at all times!