Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on December 28, 2013
With the perspective that 4 of these bags cost me less than $20, I will accept some quality gaps. Namely the bottom seam (two per sandbag) all leaked some minor amount of sand. Sand did not gush out (in fact at first I did not notice it), but when carried, enough sand came out to then feel it on the floor. A simple fix was to place a bead of adhesive / glue on the full length of the seam and no more leak. If i had paid more, I would have given this product 1 star and returned it for a refund. So for those buyer's interested in this bag, you may have to make some modifications, like I did.

Naturally if one filled these up with small pebbles, you would not have this problem. But I had some "Play Sand" left over from a big chain home improvement store - hence the issue.

Your experience may vary, but I wanted others to know of my product experience.......

Ken
on June 19, 2014
Fill them with GRAVEL instead of sand & they are awesome. The material is tough & high-visibility because of the bright yellow stripes. They are not reflective, but quite obvious even in the dark. The double-zippers are not NASA-grade but should really only be opened once & closed once after the appropriate amount of gravel has been poured in.

If you try to fill these bags with sand then they will leak all over the place, but if you think about it, gravel is just really big pieces of sand!!! These bags are excellent for the price & the customer service with my order was just as good. Fast shipping, too.

Don't listen to the haters -- they just never heard of gravel before. I will be ordering more!
on December 26, 2014
Economical, reasonably well made, and they should be fine if you don't plan to fill and empty them very often (zippers are adequate but not very robust). I placed washed pea gravel in a ziplock bag inside each pouch. There is no hint of leakage (sand might be a problem here) and I expect the bags to last a long time. I use them to stabilize light stands mostly so the bright color is nice to help minimize the tripping hazard.
on April 18, 2012
Wow these are over built, and really great. The material is a very hefty nylon, and it is double thick with a rubber like inner coating which is nice so if used outdoors water does not get absorbed inside and become moldy. The 2 sides each have 2 zippers so 4 total and they are opposite of etch other so it is near impossible to accidentally open one and leak sand. Finally the center rib has a stiffener in it along with the handle which is made of double thick 3" nylon just like a car seatbelt. The yellow stripes are also an additional layer nylon sewn on the outside, so all in all if you need a sand bag built to military spec this is it!

They are very sharp looking, and I am very impressed. For the cost I expected some very basic bags which is all i required for my base plates, however after seeing them I am going to replace my Home Depot plastic bags and use these for all of them.
on September 29, 2014
I have been having problems with these sandbags. Since I had to fill them myself. This is clear by the description, they are shipped empty. I didn't think it would be a problem, but once I was able to get one of them up to 19.5 lbs, the stitched seam broke and now sand leaks out every time. I have had to put Gaff Tape over the seam and this still does not work terrific! I would go with some sand bags that come already filled, spend the money but save the hassle!
on February 28, 2015
A must have for anyone needing to weigh stuff down

Pros:
+ Sturdy and appears well built with thick material
+ Holds a good amount of material (pea gravel)
+ Dual sided, including the handles
+ Very easy to see stripped pattern
+ Double zippers to hold stuff in
+ Great price

Cons:
- Zippers are a little light weight, but don't intend to use them very much once filled
on October 21, 2013
I usually don't write reviews, to be honest. I just go off of others' experiences and get the benefit of their first-hand knowledge. I felt compelled to share my opinion on this one. This item was a total disappointment. I'm a amateur photographer looking to expand beyond natural lighting. I thought I was a purist (light) but I have since discovered how amazing strobist photography is. I found a great deal on a strobist kit (two light stands, two translucent umbrellas, two reflectors) and realized that I would need to anchor my gear in this windy climate. Every photographer knows that sandbags are a great option to keep gear stabilized. Well these aren't sandbags. They're gravel bags. I am honestly surprised by all of the rave reviews of this item. If you use coarse gravel, you shouldn't have a problem with this bag, maybe.
Upon arrival I opened up the package and found that one of the four bags had a zipper pull missing from the outermost zipper. And the bag was zipped closed. Well, 3 of the 4 bags would still do the job that i needed, right? After a photo shoot today I packed up my gear and grabbed my sandbags. The bags were leaking out small amounts of sand. Seriously. Its really professional to leave sand all over your client's living-room. To verify that it was the bags that were leaking and not some stray sand that might have been trapped in a fold I very gently shook the bags (outside) and was dismayed to see that these act like giant salt shakers. No, I was not holding them upside down. I was just holding them by their handles. So I am presented with two options: return the crap bags and get something that will hold the sand inside (ie seam sealed or at least double stitched) or get a bunch of ziplock freezer gallon bags and use those inside of the current bags. I don't have access to river gravel or else I would try that. I hope this saves someone the headache that I had.
on May 13, 2012
Have to admit, for the price I didn't expect the quality to be as good as it is. The double zipper design is a nice touch in addition to the heavy duty zipper links that I doubt will fail anytime soon. The material is a thick nylon/canvas type material that will hold up to the beating. I cannot attest to how greatly these are sealed as I filled them each with some 5lb weights I had laying around. I would say these are a great deal, especially at the price you are paying.

I paid a little more for these yellow ones over the alternative blue ones they also offer. The yellow seems to catch the eye better and should help deter clumsy grips..
on February 13, 2013
Very tough material with inner linings. There is also a bendable metal piece in the middle to keep it's shape and form. I'm visiting the coast in a week, time for some free sand to fill these.
on October 26, 2014
These sandbags work great. The only thing that I found was the zippers are not great quality. The zippers do not slide very easily, so it makes quick set up difficult at times.

Other than that, they do what they need to do at a great price point. I would buy it again, hoping the zipper issue would improve.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question