- File Size: 13681 KB
- Print Length: 130 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1442440872
- Publisher: Little Simon; 1 edition (January 3, 2012)
- Publication Date: January 3, 2012
- Sold by: Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0054KCH02
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#49,039 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #45 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Chapter Books
- #58 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Beginner Readers
- #62 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > First Day of School
|Digital List Price:||$5.99|
|Print List Price:||$5.99|
Save $1.00 (17%)
Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price set by seller.
Heidi Heckelbeck Has a Secret Kindle Edition
|Length: 130 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||Age Level: 5 - 9||Grade Level: K - 4|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Part of the The Heidi Heckelbeck Collection: A Bewitching Four-Book Boxed Set: Heidi Hecklebeck Has a Secret; Heidi Hecklebeck Casts a Spell; Heidi Hecklebeck and the Cookie Contest; Heidi Hecklebeck in Disguise (4 Book Series)
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
!!!NOTE w/Spoiler!!! DO NOT tell the kids beforehand that this book is about a witch! I read the synopsis and told my kids we are about to read a new series about a witch girl. Big mistake in hindsight, as it is pretty much the major surprise that doesn't occur until the very end of this book. I wish I had known that, as we were waiting for her to be a witch the whole time and it doesn't get mentioned until the last chapter. It would have made a nice surprise.
Also, Junie B books are all self-contained stories, as are the Magic Tree House books. You can read any book or start anywhere and they are wrapped up by the end. Not with Heidi Heckelbeck so far. The book is pretty much an introduction to the main characters, but the major plot is not resolved. So, this first book is only a partial story which continues into the next book, which we haven't read yet.
The main character is Heidi, a young girl who was home schooled up until now. She is starting second grade and now has to go to school to learn. Of course one of the first girls she meets is a meanie named Melanie (at least her name isn't May). She also meets another girl, Lucy, who is friendly with her, so she makes a friend and an enemy on day one. At the end of the day Heidi finds out she has to be in a Wizard of Oz play thanks to Melanie. Melanie is the lead role, and Heidi is stuck being an apple tree in the play that she'd rather NOT be in at all. What happens next...Read more ›
After purchasing it, I read it on my own. I wanted to see what it was like before reading it to my daughter. I'm glad I did. This isn't something she'd enjoy.
First, the writing is very basic. I know it is intended for newer readers, but the storyline itself is almost too simple. Basically Heidi gets up, goes to school, comes home and decides to cast a spell on a mean girl. That's it.
This brings me to my next point: where is the ending? It ends with her looking at her spell book and plotting to cast a spell. That's it. She doesn't actually cast the spell. We don't find out what happens. I feel like this was a rotten ploy to try and force readers to buy the second book in the series.
Finally, the book seemed to be all about revenge. That's not what I care to teach my daughter.
As far as the writing and characters go, they were all what you would expect from an early chapter book. The end of the book hints at something larger that might happen as the series continues. You'd better believe that my girls are asking for the next book in the series!
Illustrations - black and white illustrations on almost every page. Very cute and age appropriate.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My child has read every book in this series and wishes there were more.Published 5 months ago by Gil Sklar
My daughter, age 5, really enjoys these books and laughs out loud often as we read them. The chapters are a good length and there are pictures, making it good for young readers... Read morePublished 6 months ago by kjbg
This was a pretty good book until I discovered that there is no ending. What a dirty trick! Boo! I am disappointed.Published 14 months ago by Kristi McGrew
Great book. I used this at work with my students. I would recommend it.Published 14 months ago by F. Amato
My daughter read these books in the beginning of 2nd grade.... Devoured them. Most of the negative reviews are parents dissapionted at the depth of the story and the cliffhanger... Read morePublished 15 months ago by S Thorsen
My son is seven And he really enjoyed this book. Now he wants the series.Published 17 months ago by Michele Dalessandro
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > First Day of School
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
- Books > Children's Books > Humor
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Chapter Books & Readers > Beginner Readers
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Chapter Books & Readers > Chapter Books
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Beginner Readers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Chapter Books
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humorous
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic