|Item Weight||48 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 16 x 41 inches|
|Item model number||2200|
|Manufacturer Part Number||2200|
Heininger 2200 Advantage 2" SportsRack glideAWAY 4 Bike Rack Carrier
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This innovative rack glides away from your vehicle and pivots from side to side, allowing easy access to the rear cargo area. It holds up to four bikes and has removable bike arms. The patented Rear-Hitch-Mount design increases fuel economy and fits a 2x2 receiver. This rear-mount position means you don't need to worry about low hanging branches, low clearance garages and other traveling hassles. Detente cinch pins allow quick and easy attachment and removal of arms and other accessories. The Advantage Saddle holds bikes securely without scratching their finishes. It swivels to accept women’s, BMX, and complex geometry frames. This mount also features a corrosion-resistant powder coat finish that ensures a long, rust-free life. A lockable security cable is included with this package. Some assembly is required.
The Heininger Advantage glideAWAY deluxe 4 bike carrier is a rear oriented bike carrier for vehicles utilizing hitch receivers that allows full access to the rear interior of the vehicle without the necessity of removing the bikes. Designed around an accordion style folding mechanism, when need be the glideAWAY deluxe can extend up to 23" away from its locked position close to the vehicle. This makes it perfect for use with hatchbacks. It can also swivel either left or right when extended, allowing for even more space to reach cargo. It also ships with an anti-wobble device and a 72" lockable cable. Available in 2" or 1.25" hitch receiver sizes.
Never Needlessly Remove Bikes From Your Carrier Again
Heininger's Advantage glideAWAY deluxe 4 bike carrier eliminates the agony and irritation often experienced with other rear mounted carriers of having to take your bikes off every time you want access to your vehicle from the back. Designed to hold up to four bicycles with 1-2" top frame tubes, the ingenuous accordion style folding arm construction of the Advantage glideAWAY allows it to be pulled away from your vehicle with the simple lifting of the handle of its spring loaded safety latch, located behind its main upright support post. This instant 23" of additional space gives you easy, convenient access to the cargo area of your vehicle anytime you need it. When you are finished with cargo the Advantage glideAWAY pops easily back into a secure locked position just by pushing it back towards the hitch receiver and allowing the latch to snap back into place. The glideAWAY bike carrier also glides from side to side accommodating vehicles with rear side opening doors and allowing for more space around the hatch of your vehicle when you need it.
Direct support and securing of bikes is provided by two oversized heavy-duty bike arm tubes holding dual heavy-duty non-scratch plastic saddle clasps. Arm tubing are removable when not in use, meaning that you can leave the rack in place at all times. Saddles can also conveniently swivel around the tubing to accept women's, BMX, and complex geometry frames. The Advantage glideAWAY features a corrosion-resistant powder coat finish that ensures a long life and is available for both 1.25" and 2" hitch receivers.
Anti-Wobble Device Included
The Advantage SportsRack glideAWAY Bike Carrier includes an anti-wobble device to insure a secure tight fit to your receiver hitch in all occasions. Based around a heavy-duty plastic receiver hitch tube insert and screw design, the anti-wobble device prevents rattling while your vehicle is in motion. Additional stability/security can be added via the Heininger Advantage 72" lockable cable included (lock sold separately).
- Available in 2" or 1.25" hitch receiver sizes
- Holds up to 4 bikes
- The patented rear-hitch-mount design decreases wind resistance, increasing fuel economy
- Rear mounting ends worry over low hanging branches, low clearance garages and other traveling hassles
- Corrosion-resistant powder coat finish
- Détente cinch pins allow quick and easy attachment and removal of arms and other accessories
- Advantage saddle holds bikes securely without scratching the bike's finish
- Swivels to accept women's, BMX and complex geometry frames
- Some assembly required
- Limited lifetime warranty
What's in the Box
- 1-Heininger Advantage SportsRack glideAWAY 4 Bike Rack
- 1-Heininger Advantage 72" lockable cable (lock not included)
Accessories Available (sold separately)
- 2" Threaded Hitch Lock
- 1.25" Threaded Lock
- Top Tube Alternative
- 10' Cable Lock
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Heininger Advantage SportsRack units are backed by a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects, administered at the discretion of Heininger. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the unit.
About Heininger Holdings, LLC
Heininger is an American company and environmentally conscious. Headquartered in Bellingham, Washington USA, Heininger is driven to create products that truly enhance and revolutionize the consumer road travel experience, while maintaining responsible standards aimed at limiting the destruction of natural resources worldwide and the reduction of unnecessary waste in the manufacturing process.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However my complaints are long...
My first complaint is it is very hard to fit a girls or woman's style bike on this rack, it takes extra effort to get it on where the men's style just glides right on. My second complaint is with a 4 bike load it makes it top heavy and the whole thing hits on the street. We drove from Colorado to Oregon with 2 bikes on it and it was still heavy enough to hit in driveways and such unless you drive though them at an angle, which is sometimes impossible to do. I do love that it attaches to the hitch and it swings out so you can still open the back of the car. But even that is a pain, because the heaviness of the bikes you can't unscrew the knob to let it swing out. You literally have to push the bikes back and hold them to take the weight off so you can unscrew it to swing out. I can't do that on my own, which is very inconvenient.
- The "slide away" feature works great and provides plenty of access to the rear of the vehicle as the bikes not only slide away from the rear, but can pivot off to the side as well.
- The rubber cushions that the bike frames rest in are free to slide on the bars. This allows you to change the angle to match the bike frames and/or move them closer/further away from each other to get the bikes as close together as possible. We mounted 4 mountain bikes with non-standard frames and had no issues fitting them to the existing cushions and restraints.
(Note: we did purchase a tension bar for one of the girl's bikes to make mounting it easier)
- The receiver hitch design allows you to snug-up the hitch and there is zero movement after it is installed.
- This structure of this rack is more than sufficient to securely hold 4 adult-sized bikes. You have to play around with the mounting of the bikes to get them to sit right, but it is very sturdy going down the road.
What I wish they had done differently:
- There is no good way to securely lock the bikes to the rack. The addition of a simple welded-on loop would have allowed a secure way to run a cable and connect the bikes to the frame, but this is not a part of this rack.
- The bolt used to tighten the rack to the receiver hitch could have been longer so that it went all the way through the receiver and out the other side. If they had done this and drilled a hole in the bolt, you could tighten the rack AND put a padlock through the bolt to prevent someone with a Crescent wrench from stealing the rack off the back of the car. I purchased an extended length bolt, drilled it out, and did this myself. This creates a very secure set-up, but this is not OEM.
- The horizontal bars that the bikes rest on are just pinned to the frame of the rack. Again, this provides no security as the pins can be pulled and the bars worked out along with the bikes. Give a thief 5 minutes and I bet your bikes would be gone given the wrong environment. This design also means that you will want to remove these bars before going on a bike ride or they may be gone when you get back. I removed the pins and installed long 1/4" bolts with locknuts in place of the snap-pins. This adds a layer of security in my mind!
All that being said, I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and am looking forward to more family activities with our bikes. It is nice to be able to take our bikes with us on our roadtrips and still have easy access to the rear of the vehicle.
I wish this rack had some improved security features, but with a little work of my own I am more than pleased with the investment.
Most recent customer reviews
Assembly was easy.Read more
WARNING TO Mountain Bike Owners
The straps with this carrier that hold the bikes in place were not designed for many...Read more