Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Heliopan 77mm Variable Gray Neutral Density Filter..." and save 40% off the $576.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Heliopan 77mm Variable Gray Neutral Density Filter (707790) with specialty Schott glass in floating brass ring
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Heliopans world-renowned Variable Gray Neutral Density Filter appears gray and reduces the amount of light reaching either the digital sensor or film plane. This darkening of the image allows for a longer exposure without offsetting overall color and tonality. Wider apertures and a shorter depth of field make room for optimal foreground and background separation. The Neutral Density filter also performs extremely well under bright light conditions. This enables the user flexibility to maintain constant aperture at slower shutter speeds, making it ideal for capturing movement. Filter Factor: 0.3 To 1.8 (1 To 6 Stops)
- Our standard 8-Layer Multi-Coating minimizes reflections and does not interfere with the resolution of your camera optics
- Constructed from the highest German Schott Optics, which guarantees incredible optical resolution. Our glass is specially ground and polished to minimize internal reflections, while ensuring that the quality of your images are not degraded by using our optics in front of your lens. It is also specially hardened to resist most impacts
- Our precision cut brass ring ensures a secure and sturdy fit, are more resistant to side impacts, and less likely to bind or cross-thread after extended use
- We do not source any materials outside of Germany in the assembly and construction of our products. All raw materials are prepared and hand-assembled in our factory and do not leave our facility until they are completely inspected by our quality technicians
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Hoya 77mm Variable Neutral Density (ND) Filter (0.45 to 2.7 (1.5 to 9 stops)
Tiffen 77mm Variable Neutral Density Filter 77VND for Camera lenses
B+W 77mm XS-Pro Digital Vario ND with Multi-Resistant Nano Coating
SLR Magic 77mm MK II Variable Neutral Density (ND) Filter - 0.4 to 1.8 (2.3 to 6 stops)
B&W B+W 77mm ND Neutral Density 3.0-1000X MRC 110M Lens Filter - B&W 66-1066186
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||GearOneCenter||RadersMaster||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||Bestsaver Photography|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 1 x 3.5 in||0.39 x 0.39 x 0.39 in||1 x 3.5 x 3.5 in||0.75 x 4.62 x 4.62 in||—||4.62 x 4.62 x 0.75 in|
|Thread Size||77 millimeters||77 millimeters||77 millimeters||77 millimeters||—||77 millimeters|
|Style Name||77 mm||—||Filter Only||—||—||77mm|
The Heliopan 77mm Variable Gray Neutral Density Filter appears gray and reduces the amount of light reaching either the digital sensor or film plane. It has no effect on color balance and permits you to capture images such as the rushing movement of a babbling brook or the swirling chaos of city traffic. Since wider apertures are possible, your depth of field will also be minimized as a result when shooting portraits you will be able to achieve more separation between your foreground and background. This filter permits you to shoot your image under bright light conditions at the same aperture but at a slower shutter speed.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I tested this on a Canon 5d mII with 24-70 L f/2.8 and 200mm L f/2.8 prime. The benefit is that you can shoot with shallow depth of field on very sunny days. The pictures were clean as expected but do note that this will start to vignette at the widest angles of the 24-70mm ( not really a problem for me because I actually didn't mind how that looked ). I researched the product's strengths and weaknesses before purchase and found no surprises. I wanted the quality to put on the L lenses I have. I was not disappointed.
This is a very expensive option to go with but I enjoy the control I get by rotating into what exposure I'm looking for. The only gripe I have is that I can't lens cap this so when not in use, I just take it off and store it in it's case.
A friend bought a very inexpensive version of a variable ND and was dissatisfied with problems like visible cross patterns in his imagery and coloring issues. I plan on doing some dslr video work with this and will comment further with the results.
It's amazing when you want to keep the lens as open as possible, this filter allows you to dial in to exactly the right setting. I have it on my lens religiously. The only issue I have with it is the end is not threaded so I can't utilize the good that came with the lens when I am using this filter. I am assuming this is common with variable nd filters as they have to slide in order to adjust the strength of the filter. Anyways I am very happy with this.
Most recent customer reviews
A few things you should know:
The front of the filter does...Read more