Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 12, 2016
This thing works wonderfully. It truly looks just like a book. I love being able to hide things in here and people not being able to tell its a safe. It goes great on any book shelf. Doesn't stick out at all. Just looks like another normal book on the shelf. Fits my passports and other small stuff that i need access to quickly sometimes but don't have time to put it in a safety deposit box. Absolutely love it.
I realize how important a good review is to a buyer. I give honest and heart felt reviews on products that a purchase and receive. I base most of my purchases on reviews so I understand that it is fair to be completely honest on reviews. That being said I hope this review will help a buyer with his or her decision to buy or not buy this product.
on August 16, 2017
Realistic looking upon arrival even with all of it's imperfections on the outside. It is not 2.2 inches deep..it's 1.75 and will not hold a medicine bottle laying down. It only took one day for the cheap outer material to unravel and peel down the entire spine. Not really paper, more like wax...I wouldn't even call it plastic. Whatever it is, it didn't even hold up for one full day. Returning...I bought two, 1 for me and one for a gift. I would be too embarrassed to give this as a gift. Sorry, nice effort , could have been great, but really poor quality.
on August 8, 2014
Pros:
Packaged arrived within expected delivery period. Packaging is secure enough.

There's a key and a duplicate. Includes jewellery pouch.

The best thing about this product is that you know that your valuables are hidden in plain sight. The leather hard book cover plus the gold-tinged paint of the pages (not real pages!) provide camouflage.

Cons:
However if you look at it closely, the gold tinged pages will give it away.

The actual safe doesn't feel/look like a metal. Only the opening(its door) of the book case is obviously metal.

Another disappointment of this product is the quality. When I first opened the book, the gold paint from the case got 'glued' to the leather cover hence some of the paint got ripped. Also, the hard book leather cover was not glued properly to the book safe case. I had to use a Super glue to make it stick. Quality of product is poor.

Overall:
The book safe is fun to use and cool to have. However the product quality is poor. If I had the chance to have a closer look at the book case before buying it and realised that the quality is awful, I probably wouldn't have bought it. Also, lesson taken: you get what you pay for. Cheap price = poor quality
on May 20, 2016
Just got it today, but mine is a defected one or something. Only the back cover opens, which looks like the back of a book. The front doesn't open on mine. After further examination, I can open up the bottom right corner a little, which shows the entire front has been sealed shut with glue. I can't pry it open without either hurting my fingers or completely ruining the book safe.

Waste of money, I'll definitely be returning it.
on January 26, 2013
My 14 year old grandson loved this gift and I was so pleased to finally find something that wasn't anoher electronic-related item! We included some $$ inside as a little extra. This book safe is very well made and I would recommend it for this age group. We can certainly attest to the sturdiness of the lock as grandson kept opening and closing and eventually lost the key. We tried to unsuccessfully pick the lock--unpickable! Finally had to go to a locksmith. Not to worry, though, grandson had to come up with the money to pay for a lesson well learnt.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on August 30, 2011
I bought this to safeguard a few necklaces that were valuable to me personally, but not worth monetary value to justify a safety-deposit box. It blends in well with my other books, and is not flashy in any way. Very under-stated and common-looking. It's a roomy enough to hold about 4 ring boxes, but of course it holds more without such things. My mother also has one, and by experimenting I found out that the key for her book-box does NOT match my key, so that was good to know. Sturdy enough for the casual need.
18 helpful votes
19 helpful votes
on July 2, 2012
I bought this as I was living in a dorm and needed a safe place to hide some banknotes and a passport. Despite being a safe, I didn't think it might help with a burglary - it looked out of place. The university I attended was an art school, thus having a dictionary around seemed out of the question.. much less having a dictionary with an aptly-named generic title. It might help if we were able to change the covers (slip-on covers) like real dictionaries do.

I no longer use the safe for its intended purposes, but rather as a novelty item. Occasionally I'd show guests my dictionary safe, which might distract potential thieving guests from my actual hidden spot!
on November 15, 2011
I saw this at a department store and ended up getting it on Amazon for much cheaper. The book looks real from the outside. The safe has enough space for watches, cash, etc. The only thin I would suggest is for the "pages" to look more real, maybe even made of paper. Rigth now the borders of the book where the pages are, is actually a plastic cover. I was expecting more like a hallowed out book. Either way you can't see it when placed on a book shelf, Great product.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on October 21, 2011
This product is fine for me because I have tons of books and this one is sure not to attract much attention. Beware though,immediately upon holding the book it is obvious that it is not an actual book. For my purposes tho, this product rocks!! Nice amount of space to hold family heirlooms, pics, passport, and spare cash. Also comes with a jewelry pouch! 4 Stars because it would have been perfect if it wasnt so obvious upon simply holding the book.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on January 13, 2014
Bought this for the wife and daughter. They loved it. Looks realistic and fun at the same time. Would definitely recommend to others.