1844 Helko Werk Traditional Hinterland Double Bit Axe - Double Edge Axe or Double Head Axe Felling Axe Best Double Bladed Axe for Large Timber Double Axe 13575
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- HANDMADE IN GERMANY The American inspired Hinterland double bit axe is a capable, highly effective cutting axe, suited as a large timber felling axe. If inclined, the user is able to profile each blade differently and may use, for instance, one edge for splitting and the other for cutting. Traditionally, one bit was used for heavy work that was prone to dull the blade, while the other was kept with a finely honed edge
- C50 HIGH CARBON STEEL - 53-56 HRC The hand forged axe head is crafted using a drop hammer on open dies with premium grade C50 high carbon steel, this hand forged axe is individually handmade by experienced blacksmiths with a traditional finish and polished cutting surface that improves rust resistance and reduces cutting friction
- GRADE A AMERICAN HICKORY HANDLE - LINSEED OIL FINISH - 150 GRIT SANDED Each axe handle is individually selected for grain orientation and density, completely handmade with a smooth 150 grit sanded finish and coated with boiled linseed for a blister-free experience when using. Each double bit axe head is fixed to the handle with a premium two-wedge system consisting of a wood wedge and steel ring for maximum axe head security
- INCLUDES FULL GRAIN LEATHER SHEATH - 1 OZ. BOTTLE OF AXE GUARD PROTECTIVE OIL All Helko Werk Axes include a vegetable-tanned premium leather axe sheath to protect your axes and hatchets
- DIMENSIONS Head Weight: 3.5 lb / Length: 30 in. / Total Weight: 4 ¾ lb
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Helko Werk Traditional Hinterland Double Bit Axe
The Hinterland Double Bit is a capable, highly effective felling tool, suited for large timber. If inclined, the user is able to profile each blade differently and may use, for instance, one edge for splitting and the other for cutting. Traditionally, one bit was used for heavy work that was prone to dull the blade, while the other was kept with a finely honed edge. When the logging industry was still reliant on axes for felling trees, one side of the double bit was commonly used to chop undercuts for large timber, while the other was held in reserve for fine cutting. The head is buffed and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces cutting friction and improves rust resistance.
- Head Weight: 3 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 4 ¾ lbs.
- Bit Length: 4 ½ in.
- Handle Length: 30 in.