Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Size: One Size|Change

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on February 18, 2012
Handle Size: I have large hands, and need big handles on things to feel comfortable (Use large grips on tennis racket, golf clubs; wear large to X-large gloves). This is the first knife that fits my hand well, feels great.

Blade: Very Sharp, slices paper like the best of scissors, sharpest blade I've seen. The triple layer has softer metal protection layers on the outside, and hard durable inner layer for the edge. I like the shape of the point (drops down at the back spine toward the blade at the point), which suits my needs better than the blades that curve backward at the point. I bought the knife for the blade (which is also sold separately if you want to make your own handle). The blade is a solid 5 stars.

Handle finish: Not as good as I expected for this price. The edges of the metal finger guard and back of the wooden handle were uncomfortably sharp (not finished smooth with rounded edges); I took a fine file and sand paper to the 90 degree edges, and re-oiled the handle, it feels good now. Also, there were two small holes (as wide as a pencil lead) in the handle (cracks or defects in the wood from a twig growing out of the tree, not manufacturing damage); I filled these with wood putty, now I don't worry about gunk getting stuck in those holes and rotting the wood at that spot. Both these things should have been finished/fixed at the factory, rather than by the customer. I almost took a star off for this, but after 30 minutes work, it is a great knife.

Sheath: Looks nice, well built. Thick sturdy leather. Inside there is a plastic (or similar synthetic) layer that keeps the blade from cutting the sheath. The sheath is a snug fig, so even without the flap buttoned over the brass knob at the end of the handle, it wouldn't fall out on it's own.

I really like this knife a lot; and would recommend to people with medium to large hands; Blade is good size for survival knife. Manufacturer has life time warranty (except for abuse).
on August 3, 2015
Received the knife today and I was impressed. It came shaving sharp and has a nice helf and feel to it. The sheath is very nice and holds the knife securely with the added benefit of the safety strap that secures around the nipple of the pommel. The only drawback (and it is minor) is the pommel end of the handle was cut off square. When holding the knife as if you are going to whittle away from you, the sharpness of that end is felt in the heal of my hand. I suspect it would create a hot spot if a long whittling session were undertaken. However, it is easy to round over the wood with a file and some sandpaper, which is what I plan to do.
on May 25, 2015
There are much cheaper knives that will do as good job as this knife but this Helle Harding Knife just does it with class. It is art in the form of an excellent knife. If you are the type to actually USE this knife I'm sure the feeling is wonderful. However, my knife will remain in its great sheath and very appropriate box to be taken out and handled once in a while. It really feels great to just hold it first in the right hand, then the left and imagine actually cutting something with it. I love it!
on April 18, 2017
You cannot go wrong with any of the Hellenic line. Top quality knives for all functions. Good balance and strong blade.
on February 13, 2017
Truly a marvelous knife. After many hours of use (Cleaning Deer, whiting wood, wood carving, etc) the blade has barely dulled in the least. The handle is a beautiful joy to hold. I look forward to using this knife more!
on September 10, 2015
This is a beautiful knife. Razor sharp, high quality steel. Are there better knives? Yup. Are there cheaper knives? Yup. But I really like this knife.
on February 11, 2017
Amazing workmanship on the blade, handle and sheath. A pleasure to look at even better to use. Very sharp and designed for precision. It really is a knife that is made to enjoy.
on January 11, 2017
I bought this knife as a gift for a grandson for his collection. He loves it and raves about how sharp it is.
on August 10, 2012
This was my first Helle and I love it. Excellent fit and finish. Just a beautiful piece and extremely sharp out of the box. This is not one of my primary field knives, but I use this one more on a day to day basis. Small enough that you can be discreet in carrying it, but large enough to do some good carving work. Very pleased with this purchase.
on June 13, 2014
Nice looking, very sharp; like the laminate steel. Time will tell how sturdy this knife is. I have other knives in the same price range that appear sturdier.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.