Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 18, 2016
Ms Jeffries outdid herself in this book with her insight and knowledge of the brewery business. I would hazard a guess that the research was a great deal of fun. This Is Jarret's story: As the second son, he had always believed that he would inherit the Plumtree family business but after the death of his parent's his grandmother sought to ensure that he had a gentleman's upbringing - but as a member of trade and a female she was unaware of the dangers of sending a thirteen year old boy to Eton with a family scandal attached to his name and away from the one other source of security he had known without explaining it to him properly. That is the premise of Jarret's reluctance to consider a future that included a wife, children and home - the fickle finger of fate. But fate and luck are true ladies and bring a younger version of his grandmother into his life to tempt him, tease him and best him at his own game - cards and ale. But the lady has a secret and learning that secret opens up the door to a heart that has been locked and hidden away for years. Of all her works this is the one I vote as most intuitive when it comes to self-examination and the male point of view. Once again I am impressed by a female writer who seems to understand the male psyche.
3 helpful votes
on August 21, 2014
A Hellion in Her Bed is the second book in the Hellions of Halstead Hall series by Sabrina Jeffries
Mired in scandal after his parents' mysterious deaths, notorious gambler Lord Jarret Sharpe agrees to tamely run the family brewery for a year if his Machiavellian grandmother rescinds her ultimatum that he marry. But the gambler in him can't resist when beguiling Annabel Lake proposes a wager. If she wins their card game, he must help save her family's foundering brewery. But if he wins, she must spend a night in his bed. The outcome sets off a chain of events that threatens to destroy all his plans and unveils the secret Annabel has held for so long. When Jarret discovers the darker reason behind her wager, he forces her into another one and this time he intends to win not just her body, but her heart. Great historical romance with frequent sex and romance.
3 helpful votes
on January 5, 2014
Annabel is desperate. Her brother, Hugh, is letting the family brewery go to rack and ruin. The brewery is their livelihood. She must do something! She needs help and she has devised a plan to open up another line of trade with a larger brewery. The larger brewery would benefit, also, but it is risky.

Annabel has left her small town of Burton to approach a woman-ownd brewery, thinking she would be more open-minded to Annabel as a woman in a man's world. However, when she arrives in London, she finds Jarrett, her grandson, temporarily taking his grandmother's place, and he is not open to any risky schemes that would involve his family's income.

To be fair, this book is entirely about two themes that bore me no end: gambling and illegitimacy. Gambling scenes to me are slow and tedious and the issue of bastardy just turns me off. Neither plot device gives me the satisfaction of a swiftly moving, interesting storyline. Ordinarily, I would not have picked this book up, but it is part of a series that I have already started, and it is by Sabrina Jefferies. The book does move the series questions along, but does not answer them.

Ms. Jefferies tells this story with her trademark humor and deft hand with romance. The dialogue is well-done, as is usual for this author. The story is well-written, just slow. However, if you like stories with gambling and illegitimacy issues, you might find this book more interesting than I did.
on August 14, 2014
Great second book in the Hellions of Halstead Hall series by Sabrina Jeffries. The Sharpe family is quite a bunch of characters and while Gran is sidelined for much of this one, she still tries to control thinks from her sickbed. These books have a wonderful combination of strong and intelligent characters along with humor, romance and suspense. Underlying the family is the tragedy of the loss of their parents in a double shooting in which more keeps being revealed. I am eager to continue this series with Minerva's story next.
on September 17, 2014
Annabel and Jarret are a perfect match! She's warm, loving and intelligent - a balm to Jarret's damaged spirit. Jarret is understanding of her past, but can he change his dissolute ways and become the responsible husband she needs? Excellent life lessons for us all to not be so afraid of losing those we love that we guard our hearts and deny loving anyone. I enjoyed this story and shed happy tears at the ending. Best proposal ever!

I listened to this on audiobook and the narration is excellent.
0Comment|Report abuse
I liked this addition to the series. I read the first in the series, The Truth About Lord Stoneville online when it was offered as a free read. I knew when I finished it I would have to read about each of the Sharpe siblings.
I must confess that this entry in the series did not grab me as much as the first although I found it an interesting page turner. For some reason Lord Jarret does not seem as roguish as I thought he should, Annabel acted in ways that a regency lady would not and the dialog of the boy, George, did not sound like a twelve year old. Even though there were lackings, Jeffries can write beautifully and keep the story going. This may not be the best in the series but it is worth the read.
on April 18, 2011
Does NOT disappoint!
It is great fun to read. The story flows smoothly & quickly.
You won't be able to put it down. The guy is delicious & the girl is clever, kind and very appealing. The interactions are witty, funny and tender throughout the story. All the family members are wonderful and make the story a real treat to read.
The SEX is HOT and well paced.
There is a good balance of tension and passion. The characters have depth and valid reasons for how they behave. One looks forward to being with them and seeing the story unfold.
So far the series is crisp and worth looking forward to the future stories.
A must read!!!
on December 27, 2014
A very enjoyable read. I didn't think it could work out. Jarret ( the H) had vowed never to marry as did all his brothers and sisters. I could see him slowly sliding away from his conviction, but wan't sure if the author, Sabrina Jeffries, could make it seem plausible. She wove a wonderful plot with revealing characters that I wanted to see happy.
on August 14, 2017
This was a great follow up to the first in the series! Quick and fun read. I definitely recommend it!
on May 23, 2015
Once again Sabrina Jeffries has told an enchanting story with humor, passion, lots of lust, love, and with very human frailties. Book 2 is every bit as good as book 1 which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm off to book 3 and I know I'll enjoy it as much as the first two. Happy reading! Cheers! 🍻