YED MagazinestoInspire Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now NYNN
Customer Discussions > The Goonies forum

Hello AMAZON!!! limit heavily discounted items to one per account!!!!!!!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2010 9:09:35 AM PST
Ganon Slayer says:
If Amazon is gonna heavily discount an item, they should limit it to one per account IMO. You know, like every other store on the planet. That way as many people as possible get a chance at an item. They are just hurting themselves otherwise. I am assuming the main reason to sell an item under cost is to drive traffic to their site so that people like myself will see and buy other items (particularly to hit the $25 free shipping mark). Terrible marketing strategy IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2010 1:18:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2010 1:19:25 PM PST
movie guru says:
What sounds does a baby make?^^^^^ I will make good use of my 6, maybe sell you one on bluray.com

As the saying goes, You snooze, you looze! and you sir, LOST!

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 1:31:52 PM PST
J. Bryce says:
Actually it makes good business sense to limit 1 per customer if it's legitimately a loss leader. If it was a glitch, then it's whoever can grab it first.

The people who bought dozens are merely greedy, and a perfect metaphor for the oncoming decline of western civilization as a whole, but they were doing what people do best: consuming.

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 1:50:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2010 1:51:56 PM PST
bryssa says:
Look, the discount/glitch went up at around 1am, was on the deal tracking forums within minutes, and sold out an hour later. Due to that time frame it's inevitable that a huge amount of people lost out, flippers or not. Only reason I got in on it is due to my being an incurable night owl.

I dislike the greedy people too, but even if they had limited it to 1 per person (assuming it wasn't a glitch, which I believe it was) it still would have sold out within an hour or two and you still wouldn't have gotten it if you weren't on at the time. I bought one, got free 2-day shipping via Amazon Prime, and was slightly disappointed that it was pushed back to after Christmas as it's intended as a gift. During the ordering process it had been showing as shipping on the 21st, but due to the sheer mass of people placing orders it got pushed back to the 27th in only a couple minutes. After the blu-ray was long sold out, the dvd was limited to 3 per person...and it still sold out within a few hours.

This was all before 4 am PST, would you have been awake and able to get one before then? If the answer's no, a customer limit would not have benefited you whatsoever.

Sorry you didn't get one, but them's the breaks. Especially on unexpected late night possible-glitches like this one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Goonies forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
The Goonies (Clamshell) [VHS]
The Goonies (Clamshell) [VHS] by Sean Astin (VHS Tape - 1999)
4.7 out of 5 stars (3,889)