Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on May 2, 2009
I was really excited to get this game at first but the slowness and difficulty of the stylus recognition started to get annoying. The characters are really cute and I enjoyed looking at them being animated, but the game itself felt underdeveloped. It seemed like the developers rushed it and did not fully make sure the stylus recognition worked. As a few previous reviewers mentioned, it is hard to select certain things in the game such as when Kitty was taking customer's menu orders in Tuxedo Sam's Diner. I was literally poking my DS screen really hard and maneuvering Kitty around to get the game to recognize my stylus pressing. I don't have this problem with any of my other DS games. For the price, I would expect better functionality. I bought a My Melody game from Japan and I don't have any stylus recognition problems at all.

I also agree with one reviewer about My Melody's mini game. Melody tells you to fetch her items from her store but sometimes the items either aren't there or when I bring her something that looks like it, she says it is incorrect so it is almost impossible to get points in that game. And when I do something wrong in Melody's mini game, she deducts points from me!

Another annoying thing is that much of the scenery is non-functional or blocks Kitty from walking. There is a section of a playground where Kitty cannot use any of the swings or see-saw. Kitty cannot even sit on a park bench! After a while, they start to be obstacles in your way of moving through the game. Very annoying.

The train ride and bus ride also take very long and you cannot "skip" them. Kitty's room is cute but once again, non-functional. You cannot use or sit on any of the objects in the room. It would be nice if she could at least climb into her bed.

The game feels underdeveloped and not very functional. It feels like they rushed it to make sales. I will give this stars for the cuteness but the functionality is not great at all. Many flaws. If you're an adult Sanrio lover like me, I think you will get bored of this quickly. I beat the game in 3 days and now I don't want to look at it. I would suggest only buying this if you can find it on sale or used. Don't pay retail.
on May 26, 2012
First of all I'd like to mention that I am a huge Hello Kitty fan..and have been way before it was cool in the US. I was really excited to buy this game because it looked like it was going to be a Hello Kitty version of Animal Crossing
( Which is an awesome game!) I guess it kinda is...
I'll start with the things I don't like about this game....It's a bit slow when things load like the mini games. Also I was hoping to see more hello kitty characters....don't get me wrong my favorite ones are there a.k.a Badtz Maru, My melody and Chococat. :) I also felt like it needed more mini games because the ones there got boring after a while.
What I did like was my favorite characters where there, it had mini games which is cool and her bedroom which was adorable! This is why it hurts me to give this game a 2 star rating but I felt like it had so much potential and didn't quite live up to it. I will still most likely try out the other HK games for the DS since I am obsessed with anything Sanrio.
on December 4, 2008
I got this game yesterday! I wanted this game ever since I saw it on TV a few weeks ago, me and my b/f have been searching stores to find it but surprisingly no one has heard of it. On black friday I found on Amazon as a feature item at a good discount. I totally scooped it up. btw I'm a super big my melody fan.

I spent about 2 hours last night playing it.

The object of playing the game is to get FP (Friendship Points), just think of it as the currency in this game. To get FP you have to talk to all the sanrio characters just hanging around, and they will have various tasks and games for you to do and when you do them right or at all you will get some FP for it.

*note* Most of the games are pretty fun and very cute BUT some of them are hard to play because you have to touch the screen and sometimes it doesn't register correctly - like there is a waiter game you can play and I found it very hard to get orders because I had to move Hello Kitty right next to the costumer a certian way so I can tap on him, that was a bit annoying.

You use FP to buy new cloths and room themes and also to buy your way up to being in a small apartment to the penthouse one.

It's a very simple game, you can probably beat the game (meaning getting enough FP to buy everything and be in the penthouse) in a few hours (especially if you get really good at the high FP payout games).

I still enjoy it a lot and it was totally worth the money I paid for it. If the touch screen thing wasn't so annoying I would give it a prefect score. ^_^
on December 29, 2010
I love Hello Kitty and this game is awesome. You earn friendship points that allows you to purchase clothes and upgrade you apartment. You take the bus and the train to different cities that you purchase. You go into the different stores and you meet all the other Sanrio characters. I've made sushi, scooped ice cream, jumped rope. I love this game and very simple and cute and all the Sanrio characters help you earn points. Of course you play as Hello Kitty...
on December 30, 2016
Both my kids have this game. So we made sure to purchase a game for each kid to have one.
on May 13, 2016
I bought this for a Christmas gift donation for a little girl so I never played this game, but it came quickly and I had no issues.
on May 31, 2012
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter and she loves it. She plays it all day long! She always talking about the different activities the game comes with and the characters. I rated this game not from experience but from the huge smile on my daughter's face when she plays it. It was a great price, delivery was fast, and package was in great shape.
on October 15, 2016
Great purchase. No problems at all!
on January 7, 2009
Got this game for my almost six year old daughter for Christmas and it has been a hit so far. She is a big Hello Kitty fan so I was thrilled to find this game at Amazon. She is just learning to read so the dialog between characters is helping with that. Her favorite parts are making the sushi, the haunted house ride and getting to earn new clothes and room themes for Hello Kitty. Hope they make more games like this.
on December 23, 2016
very cute game

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question