Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Hello. What is the main diffirence between the 14-42mm Kit and 14-42mm Power Zoom Kit? Thank you.
asked by Kim C. on March 20, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
The powerzoom is a smaller pancake lens. The kit is a larger lens.
Hsp answered on March 20, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The power zoom is also lighter, but you do sacrifice quality for the smaller size and lighter weight. When it first came out there was an issue with the lens which I believe was fixed with a firmware, but I'm not sure if the problem was completely fixed. It does use newer tech and elements so unless you're making posters, you should not have to deal with image degradation vs the non-power zoom. I use my camera basically as a point and shoot replacement so I'm not too concerned about image quality vs my DSLR.

The power zoom is a more convenient lens, generally speaking.
rilakkuma answered on March 25, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The power zoom is more like (in function not quality) what you might be used to in a point and shoot. You push a little lever forward and back to zoom in and out. The non power zoom is like a zoom lens on a dslr, you manually turn the lens to zoom.
Andrew answered on March 20, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Kim
The main difference between the two lenses is that when the camera is powered off the Power Zoom lens partially retracts and has a "pancake" profile. Powered down, the lens presents a 1.25 inch profile. Combined with a relatively slim camera like the gx1, the camera fits into a (bigish) shirt pocket. The lens also features a power zoom, so you get a nice smooth zoom- which is particularly useful for making videos.
Winters answered on March 20, 2013

A
Power zoom gives you a much smaller for factor. Easie to carry.
T. Bush answered on March 20, 2013

A
The difference is the Power zoom lens allows you to control the zoom from the touch screen on the back without touching the lens, it is also smaller.
Kelly answered on March 22, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product