Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on January 5, 2014
My reviews on Gordon Ramsay are usually long, and broken down, part by part, humor, weird things, Gordon going crazy and what to look for, and the differences in seasons. Not in this review. If you have been watching Hell's Kitchen all these years, or some of them, then you know what to expect more or less. Different nutty people, Gordon I think is still a bit crazy but he seems to have lightened up a bit. The winner I believe was the right winner when I don't always agree with it. I always agree with the final two with the exception of season 2 when Virginia made it over Keith. Other then that, the final two were great, and the winner was the proper person for the job. It's a great season of tests, a few twists, new guests, new challenges, and your normal Gordon type of behavior. If you are a fan you need to see it. If you are just getting started? I would suggest starting from season 1 and move up and see the evolution of the show and how great it really gets year after year. Or you can just start with this season which is what makes this series great. You can start anytime with any season. You have men vs woman on the line cooking and each night each losing team picks two people to leave. Gordon then picks one of them. I think it's an amazing show, my favorite, and they finished 11 seasons now, and they will be going through to the 12th season I think in the spring. Watch and enjoy. I hope this helped even a little.
on May 6, 2015
Hell's Kitchen season 9 is one of the better seasons. It seems no matter what there is always going to be "that contestant" that just doesn't get it or that nobody likes or is just plain annoying. However, season 9 has a fairly good set of contestants. Fans of Hell's Kitchen should have this one in the set.
on January 29, 2016
My family loves Hell's Kitchen. I love watching these people who think they are amazing get knocked down by Gordon Ramsay! This is the perfect DVD set to add to any collection.
on August 10, 2015
Ramsay pushes for excellence and does not put up with mediocre attitudes or cooking.
on August 18, 2013
This season had a few great chefs competing... Will (whom I thought deserved to win), Paul, Jennifer, Tommy and even Elise. Will Lustberg was an absolutely SOLID chef and competitor, its hard to think of another chef that was as consistently good as him during the challenges and during dinner service. Paula DaSilva from season five comes to mind, she was another great chef who ended up finishing second. Next to the great talent that was on display was some of the craziest rivalries and arguments that the show has ever seen... most of which originated with Elise. A chef who got along with nobody and rarely worked well with others, she had one of the worst attitudes of any chefs thats graced Hell's Kitchen, but she did have her moments of greatness in the kitchen. This was a very entertaining season of HK!
on August 10, 2017
Love this show!
on July 15, 2016
i love cooking shows
on December 11, 2013
I own seasons 1 -10 of this show and usually start the show over from Season 1 about once a year, but this season is the only one that I will more than likely not be watching again for one reason, and one reason only.

And that reason is..... ELISE.
Plain and simple.

Out of the hundreds of contestants that I have watched over the years, she is by far, hands down, the worst of them all. Just a loud mouthed, lying, drama causing, self absorbed brat.
I really hope she watched this show and was able to see herself and her behavior because she should be ashamed of her lies, her fat mouth, her poor attitude, her lack of cooperativeness, etc.
Just a rotten, rotten person.

If she's not crying about lost challenges, punishments, not getting her way, or being nominated to go up on the chopping block, then she is yelling over people, talking trash, preaching about how "great" she is (in her own delusional mind), putting her finger in people's faces, and just being an overall, first class b*%&h.

The only way that I could tolerate this season was just knowing that I would get to see her booted. And what a joyous moment that was! (Sadly, she makes it much farther than you'd think, which I am assuming is because drama is good for TV. Unfortunately for me, that means having to endure her for that much longer.)
There is no way Elise would ever be suitable for leading a team in the kitchen because she cannot even WORK as a team in a kitchen.

Don't get me wrong, Hell's Kitchen is a great show and I am a huge fan. I really enjoy the challenges, the cooking, and of course Chef Ramsay. And sure, I can handle some drama between the contestants....but Elise, and the amount of drama that comes with her, was just much too much for me.

She pretty much ruined the season and managed to turn it into an endurance/tolerance test rather than something to be enjoyed.

Plus, she turned ME into one of those people who scream at the TV.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2014
I love these shows. Chef Ramsay is brutal but fair in most parts. Contestants are sneaky at times.
on September 12, 2014
I love Hell's kitchen every season just keeps getting better than the last.