- File Size: 604 KB
- Print Length: 92 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: 111 Publishing (January 11, 2017)
- Publication Date: January 11, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01MUA95AL
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,403,665 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #713 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Disaster Relief
- #766 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Emigration & Immigration
- #1914 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Disaster Relief
Helping Refugees on a Greek Island: How Volunteers Make a Difference Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This book is a diary of Charmaine Craig's volunteer work on a Greek Island of Kos. During her second trip to Turkey, she saw that Istanbul transformed into a city of beggars, Syrian refugees were everywhere on the streets, and in such a poor condition. That was the reason for the decision to become a volunteer in the first place.
Full of heartbreaking scenes and details, the book is written in a very easy to perceive language which appeals to every human heart. Feelings of compassion, sorrow and sometimes helplessness constantly filled my heart as well as pride and dignity for those, who, at their hardest times, kept on helping others. The scenes of children dying every day, newborn baby nearly dying at sea, but fortunately rescued - these and other stories just change your life completely and forever. The book also contains links to photo and video albums, which are priceless! The main idea of the book is clear and exact: the refugees are treated by authorities and governments in the most disgusting way and by ignoring it- we are all guilty!
I truly think this book has powers to encourage people to act! This is a must-read for everyone!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Disaster Relief
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Emigration & Immigration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Disaster Relief
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Emigration & Immigration