- "An intense and chilling twist-a-minute psychological thriller...a harrowing tale of blasphemy, insanity, suicide and murder." Snoop Sisters Mystery Bookshoppe
- "...draws you in compellingly from the opening page...a gripping story of death and family secrets...The characters are quirky and sympathetic." The Paper Chase
- "It was intense and truly chilling. A great read!" Bookish Mom Reviews
- "...if you enjoy psychological, twist a minute books, A Hemorrhaging of Souls is definitely for you." I Love A Mystery
- "Madly complicated, exciting and horrible - just like an opera." CBC Saturday Afternoon at the Opera
- "Nicely complex and thoroughly readable." Ellery Queen Magazine
- "A story of grim secrets and past betrayals, dark and complicated, with many twists and turns. The main characters...are sympathetic and real..." Under the Covers Magazine
- "...this one kept me riveted to the end...connections, coincidences and twists and turns abound." Focus on Women Magazine
- "A fascinating and absorbing novel." Michigan Opera
About the Author
Nicola pens mystery and inspirational novels, creates interactive books for the iPad, podcasts about genre writing (The Novel Experience), and teaches electronic publishing, when she's not playing Old-Timer's hockey, growing blossoms and bamboo or eating chocolate fudge.
Her first contemporary women's series, the Sisterhood of Shepherds, debuts with HEARTSONG, in June 2014 (MantleRockPublishing). Nicola's swinging whodunit, TEED OFF! (republished in February 2014 by OakTreePress), features professional golfer and coroner Riley Quinn. Her other novels include a psychological thriller (A HEMORRHAGING OF SOULS), six novels in The Church Choir Mysteries series and a multimedia online thriller, UNNATURALSTATES.
In addition, Nicola has published two how to e-book primers, YOUDUNIT WHODUNIT! HOW TO WRITE MYSTERIES & SELF-PUBLISH YOUR E-BOOK IN MINUTES! She's recently released her first musical interactive children's book for the iPad, Saving Grape-Jelly Cheeks. Nicola lives in a small seaside town on southern Vancouver Island, British Columbia.