Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 7, 2015
My experience with this product is that it *will* remove rust. However, you gotta do it keeping certain things in mind.

One, it requires more than a thin film to truly remove rust. I found that this jelly likes to form either thick blobs or thin film. It is the thick blobs that beat the crap out of the rust. They generally require about 15-45mins to do their magic, depending on how bad the rust is. I could not get the jelly to cohere in any other form.

Two, it requires a surface horizontal enough for the blobs to not slide off. This jelly does NOT stick to vertical surfaces as anything other than a useless film. If you are trying to apply this to a vertical surface, you will have to hold a blob against the target area, and for certain jobs this is horribly impractical.

Overall, this product was a bit of a disappointment, because I had been hoping to use it on my truck undercarriage. If you just need to clean a easily accessible horizontal surface, or tools, this product will work great. Any application more challenging than that, I cannot recommend this product, sadly.

To date, I have not found any true naval jelly. The kind that I have seen variously described as being able to stick to any surface in any orientation. That most certainly does not describe this product.
22 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2015
I did a side by side test of this and a product called Evapo-rust that I bought at rural king for $16/gal. I soaked equally rusty bolts and nuts in both for about 2 days and here are the results.

Evapo-rust is on the left, Naval Jelly on the right. As you can see, the Naval jelly did not perform as well at penetrating the rust and lifting it. I will note that both products ask that you clean the metal before soaking...I didn't do this.

One advantage that Naval Jelly does have is it's thick viscosity. It could be painted on where evaporust cannot.
review image
33 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 1, 2017
I work on a printing press where rust runs rampant. This works excellent. Applied with a small paint brush, I've included a picture of an example of the power of this stuff. The whole bar was rusted. This is after 3 applications waiting 7 minutes between each. Wiped off with a damp towel after each application. Results speak for themselves.
review image
on June 16, 2015
Though I left the goo on for longer than suggested, the rust still took a few coats to remove the rust. Still, after using the rust remover and ceramic paint, my appliance remains rust free and looks brand new.
on February 11, 2018
I was surprised to find this product was still available for purchase. I recently purchased an entire collection of tools and equipment from the estate of a deceased watchmaker (I am one myself, and some of the tools are impossible to find these days). They had been sitting for around 25 years since his retirement. Some of the files had HEAVY rust scaling. A few applications of this and a good scrubbing with a wire brush, and they were good as new. They didn't even need sharpening.
on April 7, 2017
Worked on my motorcycle headers. Might wanna use a wire brush with it for tough jobs
review imagereview image
on February 9, 2018
It did what I bought it for and that's removing a ton of rust from my old metal standing calf raise machine. I was actually impressed at how much rust it removed and it only took a few minutes of applying it on, leaving it on for about 30 minutes, and spraying it off with a hose.
on February 5, 2018
Like Loctite products, but this didn’t perform based on what it cost and the acid smell I had to deal with. Purchased it to remove surface rust on an old table saw top, WD40 was suggested, but thought I’d go with a task specific product, it didn’t matter. For what I used it for it isn’t worth the cost & the toxic odor.
on October 24, 2017
The bottle was received partially open and some of the liquid spilled into the box. The Loctite NavalJelly Rust remover worked fine.
on January 4, 2018
Not effective for heavy rust. I recommend still wire wheel or soaking for heavy rust. Once this stuff dries, it's all over too. You will spend a heck of a lot more time getting the hardened material off than the original rust. Seems to work great on polished lightly rusted metal but not pitted material.