Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Henry Beston's Cape Cod: How "The Outermost House" Inspired a National Seashore Paperback – July 3, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Best Books of the Year So Far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Back Cover
- How The Outermost House inspired legislators in Washington to establish the Cape Cod National Seashore.
- How Henry Beston's trail to Cape Cod began at the Battle of Verdun in World War I.
- The influence that Henry Beston and The Outermost House had on Rachel Carson, other nature writers, and the American environmental movement.
- The Cape Cod stories that you won't find in The Outermost House.
- The winter hurricane that claimed Beston's house in 1978.
About the Author