Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Henry Beston's Cape Cod: How "The Outermost House" Inspired a National Seashore Paperback – July 3, 2013
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Back Cover
- How The Outermost House inspired legislators in Washington to establish the Cape Cod National Seashore.
- How Henry Beston's trail to Cape Cod began at the Battle of Verdun in World War I.
- The influence that Henry Beston and The Outermost House had on Rachel Carson, other nature writers, and the American environmental movement.
- The Cape Cod stories that you won't find in The Outermost House.
- The winter hurricane that claimed Beston's house in 1978.
About the Author