- Series: Negro American Biographies & Autobiographies (Paperback)
- Paperback: 280 pages
- Publisher: University Of Chicago Press; Reissue edition (March 15, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0226510069
- ISBN-13: 978-0226510064
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 1.1 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #540,715 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Henry Ossawa Tanner: American Artist (Negro American Biographies & Autobiographies (Paperback)) Reissue Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Mathew's standard biography of Henry Ossawa Tanner (1859-1937) is based on extensive research in archives in this country and family records in France. An important artist in the salons of Paris, Tanner was born and studied in Philadelphia but left America for Europe, where his race would not stand in the way of his ambition.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
It details his life, his travels and his family life.
If you are intrigued by this great artist, this book is a great way to learn more about him.
I really enjoyed reading about him.
Recommended to his fans.