|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $15.99 (100%)
Her Best Match: A Romantic Comedy (The Best Girls Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Silent Corner" by Dean Koontz
A dazzling new series, a pure adrenaline rush, debuts with Jane Hawk, a remarkable heroine certain to become an icon of suspense. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
If you like romance you will love this book. If you like feeling frustrated at someone through almost an entire story, you will love this book. If you like happy endings, you will love this book. If you've ever had hopes that one day a handsome, kind, generous billionaire would fall in love with you, you will definitely love this book. If you want a book to make you FEEL, then you will love this book.
Seriously, buy this book!
Anne Best is a widow and mother of two. She's startled to be invited to interview for a job in New York as an executive assistant. She feels out-classed and over-aged as she sits in the waiting room looking at all the eager, young candidates. When her name is finally called, she nervously enters the interview room to see a gorgeous older man sitting there. Then he opens his mouth.
Her temper flares and she tells him off, ready to go back home to Texas and call it all a waste of time. But he hires her. He's not as bad as first impressions would seem and Anne becomes determined to find him a match (matchmaking being her hobby) to the detriment of everyone and everything else.
You will want to slap her, but you'll be rooting for her the whole time.
I laughed, I cried a few times. I LOVED Gram. If a certain something had gone differently with Gandalf (buy the book if you want to know) I would have been devastated. I couldn't put it down.
Now, if your'e on Amazon you'll see a couple of 2 star reviews. I was shocked but I read them. I actually don't disagree with their points.
Point 1: The book is a bit long for the story. It's hard to whittle it down as an author after pouring your heart and soul onto the pages for months or years. I do think this could do with some paring down. As far as grammatical and spelling errors, there were a few but not so many as to be distracting. I've found the same number of errors in books from the big publishing houses. Not a big deal.
Point 2: Getting frustrated with Anne and her internal dialogue. I literally wanted to choke her out sometimes. She does over-think EVERYTHING and Steven does have to coddle her. But let me ask you this, don't you know somebody who's like that? I sure do! They exist.
Also, if you've read romance before you know that it's very formulaic - in a good way. Frustration is par for the course. It's all about delayed gratification. Greater frustration and buildup means more satisfaction at the end. Right ladies? ;)
If you're an "A" type personality you may not be able to deal with Anne. It's worth it though.
Point 3: Character development lacking. Well, yes and no. I think we have go back to realizing that this is a lighthearted romance, not a character-driven drama. The author even labeled it as "Romantic Comedy" in the title!
As romances go it's always the same, super hot non-conceited woman finds herself in situation with super hot misunderstood man. Stuff happens. They finally hook up. The end.
REASONS WHY, IN SPITE OF CAVEATS, YOU SHOULD BUY & READ IT:
1. No need to brush up on penis euphemisms or synonyms. It's very PG-13 and I, for one, appreciate that. It's very satisfying without the smut.
2. It made me feel. For me, that's the whole point of reading. They aren't always pleasant emotions but a book has to make me feel something. I felt many different emotions with this book.
3. It's well written. This is not a plot or character driven novel; it doesn't need to be. Romance is all about the tease. They almost hook up, but then they don't. He's about to profess his love, and someone interrupts. She almost realizes her feelings, but then she gets distracted. Good stuff. I actually yelled at my phone/Kindle, "If you don't stop interrupting him and let him speak I'm gonna smack you!!"
4. It's light-hearted and makes you feel good. It's sweet.
5. I couldn't put it down. I have a 3 month old and a 5 year old. Had to juggle life a bit to get this read, but I read it every chance I got! While nursing my infant, while walking around, while cooking, while my 5 year old did his homeschool work... I couldn't wait to get back to it.
I think I've given you enough information to make an informed decision, and I hope you think it's worth a shot. It really is a very good book.
As an author myself, I would request that if you do read this book please leave an honest review. It helps us become better writers. Thanks for reading my long-winded review!
Get your copy today!
Anne Best is widowed, but she has two wonderful daughters who love her to bits. Then she gets recruited to one of the prominent companies in New York, and while she's quite confident of her accomplishments, she turns into an accident-prone executive assistant to Steven Gherring, the most eligible bachelor at the age of 49. At first, I thought Steven was a jerk, someone who thought highly of himself and believed that he was God's gift to everyone and that he could get away with everything. But my thoughts about him changed when he became a clumsy and insecure man in front of Anne. Their moments together are both laugh-trip and romance-filled. Definitely worth reading and sighing over.
The other characters who found each other, thanks to Anne's matchmaking skills, were really fun to read. It's like it was really meant for Anne to discover these people and let her do her magic like Cupid. The most fun in the book - Grams. She's a one-of-a-kind grandma who refuses to leave the Earth without seeing her grandson get married. She's a meddler, I know, but I found her cute and winsome. The whole story makes me cringe with delight. Tamie Dearen sure knows how to tickle my funny bones and bring stars to my eyes!
I liked the magnetic chemistry between these two. Anne’s daughters, Steven’s grandmother “Gram” and the other characters are also very believable.
If you like romantic “Marry the Billionaire” type stories, go ahead read this book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Mild spoiler ahead.Read more
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy