- Paperback: 296 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd edition (October 25, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781405129350
- ISBN-13: 978-1405129350
- ASIN: 1405129352
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 0.6 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,841,966 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Herbicides and Plant Physiology 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"This revised edition of Herbicides and Plant Physiology is an excellent addition to the bookshelf of any advisers, researchers or agronomy students. This authoritative, yet readable resource (first published in 1992) delves beneath the surface of herbicide activity to examine a wide range of past and present weed control strategies and developments from the viewpoint of plant physiology, but also provides a far wider perspective." (Ecclesiastical History, 2011)
From the Back Cover
Herbicides make a spectacular contribution to modern crop production. Yet, for the development of more effective and safer agrochemicals, it is essential to understand how these compounds work in plants and their surroundings.
This expanded and fully revised second edition of Herbicides and Plant Physiology provides a comprehensive and up-to-date account of how modern herbicides interact with target plants, and how they are used to manage crop production. In addition, the text:
- Provides a current account of the importance of weeds to crop yield and quality;
- Describes how new herbicides are discovered and developed;
- Examines precise sites of herbicide action and mechanisms of herbicide selectivity and resistance;
- Reviews commercial and biotechnological applications, including genetically engineered herbicide resistance in crops;
- Suggests new areas for future herbicide development;
- Includes many specially prepared illustrations.
As a summary of diverse research information, this second edition of Herbicides and Plant Physiology is a valuable reference for students and researchers in plant physiology, crop production/protection, plant biochemistry, biotechnology and agriculture. All libraries in universities, agricultural colleges and research establishments where these subjects are studied and taught will need copies of this excellent book on their shelves.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some explanations on the subject seem difficult to understand. However, repeat of reading of those sentences would convince you much deeply of what actually is intended there. I am very impressed by the references and explanations regarding how precisely blocking of photosynthesis process could wither plants.