Industrial Deals HPC Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 1, 2011
I would just like to say my experience purchasing this product was great! It was delivered on time as stated on the expected shipping. I thought it would come in on the last arrival day, however it showed up early on the first expected delivery date. Since I was anxious I tracked it all the way through and was surprised to see it shipped the same day I ordered it, within a couple hours from my purchase time.

The product is amazing so far! Best console I have used to date. It may not be ready right out of the box for some deejays, but for me the configurations are okay for now. Even when messing with the settings rest assured that if you are not satified with them or if you re-arrange what buttons do when pushed, you can always hit the default button and you're back.

The jog wheels are just as described, touch sensitive and can take a beating. They are able to be pushed down incase you have heavy hands when scratching. I have not changed the latency settings to get the best possible scratching yet, however out of the box they are fine. If you are a turntablist I would definately watch some youtube videos to read up on some better configuration settings for this area. These are the best jog wheels made on a Hercules Controller. The top of them are not cd size though, slightly smaller. If you put a cd on top of one of the jogs maybe the overall size around the rubberized part is equal in size to a cd.

Overall I'm satisfied with all aspects of this controller. It is light in weight and extremely portable for those of us on the go, however it packs a punch and all the buttons are laid out very nicely. If you are looking for a great combination of effects with the mixer on a dj controller this is it! Kill switches, rotary knobs and interchangable effects on buttons make this one stand out by far!

If you are thinking of getting a RMX or 4Set I would suggest holding out for this one instead.
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2011
Currently using this with Traktor Pro 2 on a Mac. After updating firmware, installing the drivers and importing TP2's template all functions of the controller were mapped and ready to go. Previously used a Hercules Rmx, it was good except for the jog wheels. I like to mix old school without using the sync. The pitch controls, faders and knobs feels good. Jog wheels have a bit of give in them. Pushing down on the jogs activates the turntable function allowing you to manipulate the sound as if it were a record on the turntable. Very nice. The 4mx feels good and after a few hours I felt comfortable mixing with it. I run the main out to a mixer. After settings the levels, the sound quality is very good. The 4mx body is metal as are the sliders and faders. Knobs and buttons are plastic. Includes a nice gig bag. This controller can handle some punishment. Its built solid unlike some other controllers that cost alot more but are made of plastic.
on May 14, 2012
As I am fairly new to digital djing, I had to do my research and go for the right choice. I was a little hesitant at first making the order for this. However, I've been using it for a week now and it is awesome. Out of the box the 4mx comes with virtual dj le wich is a very nice software to start with. The 4mx is also very customize-able in that it is fully midi capable, you can assign all of its controls to whatever you want. Unfortunately to customize the 4mx to its full extent you'll have to upgrade from vdj le. Currently I'm using the 4mx with traktor pro 2, and it is working like a champ. if you visit the Hercules website, you can find midi mappings for traktor and its as simple as importing them and you're ready to go.

All of the buttons are really nice despite being constructed from plastic, they'll last quite a long time. The 4mx build quality overall is awesome, really sturdy (metal construction). The 4mx would suite a controllerist quite well as there are PLENTY of buttons to work with. If you're worried about the fx and only having one nob, don't be. Its been working flawlessly with the default fx setup in traktor.

Overall this controller is a great buy, I would suggest it to anyone looking for a solid kit.
on October 20, 2011
When the Hercules 4-mx first arrived, I was delighted to see that it had a sturdy carrying case. I decided to leave the bottom half of the foam inside the bag to add extra protection. I just wish the bag had some more pockets but I guess that would be nit-picking. I have to say that the hardware feels solid and cannot foresee it breaking. The Knobs, however, might go through so wear and tear under heavy use. You know those moments when the crowd is feeling whatever you are playing and you vibe off the same energy? Yeah, during those moments is where you might find yourself turning the knobs more than it is designed to do. Overall, the knobs are B quality which is a good thing. Also the jog wheels are a bonus on this console. Usually, jog wheels suck and aren't as responsive but these are top quality. I also love the amount of input and output on the console. The built-in sound card is convenient. My only critique is that there isn't any inputs for 3.5mm computer speaker jacks but I understand this is easily remedied by buying an adapter. The software is decent at best under the LE edition and like others have said, only can be great with the Pro edition. The default mapping is terrible at least in my opinion. Other than that, I definitely recommend this hardware to all people. It is a great product and I have already rocked crowds with this piece of equipment. Good luck to you all.
on October 26, 2015
Have an NS6 wanted something smaller.

This was perfect an scratches better than the NS6.

The only reason did not give it 5 stars is the headphone
could be louder and the sync takes getting used to.
on September 8, 2011
After purchasing the Mp3 e2 I was very satisfied with the Hercules Brand. I decided to upgrade to the 4MX which was a great move. The controller has a great layout which makes it very easy to use. The controller itself is similar to the basic controllers but with more options. The option to use 4 decks makes it great for mixing. Having the option to sample from 4 tables helps to make a great sound.

Anyone looking to advance into the DJ world would be satisifed with this product. Very easy to set up. After an hour I was already mixing like a pro.
on August 21, 2013
I've been using this controller for about a month or so now and I have to say it's worked flawlessly. Its basic design makes it easy to learn but still maintains that professional look and feel.
on June 3, 2015
Well constructed with easy to use configuration, very simple set up. Does require some advanced knowledge for mapping of effects buttons. Limited effects included with controller. For the money not a bad first controller if used with the right software. Comes with Virtual DJ LE.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 11, 2016
My son loves it. He's big into this kinda stuff
on October 27, 2011
I am a professional DJ who does a lot of gigs everywhere, beacause of this i needed a MIDI controller and DJ console system that i can use on the road. I spent some time researching on the specs and features of the available DJ controllers and finally decided to take a ride on the Hercules DJ Console 4Mx. it's rock solid in built, easy to set-up,very familiar with the usual CDJ features so it's very easy to get into getting the controls work, plus it's flexible on what DJ software programs you want to use...i use it both for VDJ Pro 7 and Traktor Scratch Pro 2.Plus very affordable compared to other brands offering almost just the same features.The downside here is that the 4MX is a 4 channel controller but presents only 2 channel physically and would require switching between decks A to C and B to D to avail of this feature, i find that quite inconvenient compared to Controllers that actually have 4 channels controls right there in the tip of your fingers. Another thing is that it depends solely on the USB bus for it's power resources and had the tendency to shut down or your pc will hang/freeze if you overpowered the gains on the channels if you need more volume since it sucks down all the power from the USB source that can only deliver 500mAmps. And lastly, it does not have a Booth out/ Monitor out and a seperate volume control for this, but alternatively, i just use the 1/4" jack output for this purpose and use the RCA out for my master volumes. And FINALLY, nevertheless inspite of the downsides, it's still a good DJ console MIDI controller for it's price !Hercules DJ Console 4-MX