Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Hercules DJ Controller with "Touch" and "Air" Cont..." and save 58% off the $169.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Hercules DJ Controller with "Touch" and "Air" Controls
|Price:||$169.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- DJ controller with touch and air controls for “hands-on” DJ mixing
- 2-deck DJ controller; 2 jog wheels with pressure detection; Velocity sensitive pads; Air control: a contactless sensor lets you control the mix from above, without even touching the device
- Pressure-detecting jog wheels; Scratch by pressing on the jog wheels, as naturally as with a vinyl record; Jog wheels also control pitch bend and browsing within tracks
- 8 pads with velocity detection; The pads control the sampler, loops and effects; The inner backlight shows the pads' activation; Pads can be set as binary On/Off controls, or gradual controls
- Built-in audio outputs for mixing and previewing tracks; Includes intuitive, powerful software; Mix 2 audio tracks on the fly; Save your mix as an audio file; USB interface
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Hercules DJ Controller with "Touch" and "Air" Controls
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Cyber Overstock||MILLENNIUM WORLDWIDE||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||3.2 x 10.7 x 16.8 in||21.65 x 9.17 x 1.19 in||22.95 x 13.46 x 5.16 in||3.5 x 12 x 9.1 in||4.1 x 20.5 x 12.3 in||12.8 x 7.75 x 2 in|
The incredible 2-Deck DJ Controller from Hercules offers "AIR Control"--a contactless sensor lets you control the mix from above, without even touching the device. The DJ Control AIR converts the distance to your hand into a MIDI command. The two jog wheels with pressure detection allow users to scratch by pressing on the jog wheels, as naturally as with a vinyl record.
The jog wheels also control pitch bend and browsing within tracks. There are 8 pads with velocity detection--the pads control the sampler, loops and effects, and can be set as binary On/Off controls, or gradual controls. There are built-in audio outputs for mixing and previewing tracks: a 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini-jack output for the mix, and a 1/4" (6.35 mm) stereo jack output for previewing tracks. The DJ Control AIR includes a new, powerful DJ software called "DJUCED" that allows you to mix two audio tracks on the fly and save your mix as an audio file.
AIR: Adjustment by InfraRed
"AIR" stands for "Adjustment by InfraRed". It's a contactless control that works when the DJ places his or her hand flat over and infrared beam. The controller calculates the distance between the sensor and the hand, and converts it into a gradual MIDI command. This MIDI command modulates a setting in the DJ software.
Works in All Light Conditions
AIR control functions under any light conditions. The infrared light beam projected towards the hand is invisible. The sensor captures the infrared reflection on the hand, and uses the reflection to calculate the hand's distance. The reflection is the same in both daylight and low light conditions, allowing AIR to be used during the day, at night, or in places with weak lighting. AIR control functions with all flesh tones. The only incompatibility is the use of black gloves (as the infrared sensor would not be able to detect the reflection).
8 Pads for Total Control
The Hercules DJ Control AIR features 2 sets of 4 pads to control loops, sampler and effects commands. The DJ taps on the pads with his or her fingertips to send commands such as looping, sampler or effects. The pads light up when touched.
In addition to a binary On/Off command, each pad can transfer velocity information to modulate the command. For example: in sampler mode, the velocity can control the volume of a sample's playback. The playback volume depends on how soft or how hard the DJ taps on the pad.
Pressure-Detecting Jog Wheels
The jog wheels detect the pressure from the user's hand. With scratch mode enabled, the jog wheels scratch when the hand's weight is detected, and stop scratching when the hand's weight is no longer detected. This allows the DJ to control various functions such as stop and restart playback, scratch by turning the jog wheel while pressing down, and stop scratching by lifting up his or her hand. You can also bend the pitch (if playback is on) or browse within tracks (if playback is off) by turning the jog wheels using their outer ring, to avoid applying downward pressure.
With scratch mode disabled, the jog wheels bend the pitch or browse within tracks when the jog wheels are turned, regardless of the pressure applied.
VU Meter Displays the Beats
DJ Control AIR includes a VU meter displaying beats composed of 2 lines of 4 LEDs. Each line displays the beats in a track, allowing DJs to see at a glance whether the beats are in sync, without having to look at their computer screen. In this way, the DJ can stay focused on the crowd: if the LEDs light up at the same time for both tracks, then the 2 tracks are synchronized--and this, of course, is the basis of all mixing.
DJ Control AIR has built-in audio outputs, including a 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo output for the mix and a 1/4" (6.35 mm) stereo output for headphone previewing.
What's in the Box?
Hercules DJ Control AIR, installation CD-ROM (PC/Mac) with PC/Mac DJ software, printed installation guide.
- Computer with 1.5 GHz CPU or faster
- 1 GB RAM or more
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7 or Mac OS 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7 on Core Duo Mac
- Powered USB port
- 100 MB available hard disk space
- CD/DVD-ROM drive
- Internet access
- Amplified stereo speakers and headphones
Choose Your Mobile DJ Gear
|You are a||Beginner DJ||Leisure DJ / Casual DJ||Advanced DJ||Semi-Pro / Pro DJ|
|You need||DJ Control Instinct||DJ Control Air||DJ Console Mk4||DJ 4Set||DJConsole RMX 2||DJ Console 4-Mx|
|Metal casing (intense mixing)|
|Touch-sensitive jog wheels|
|Number of decks / MIDI commands||2 / 68||2 / 96||2 / 60||4 / 116||2 / 124||4 / 170|
|Inputs: 4-channel / 1 mic. in |
(MP3 & CD players, vinyl / microphone)
|- / -||- / -||/||- /||/||/|
|Stereo outputs: Mix / Preview |
(speakers, amp, mixer / headphones)
|Included Software||DJUCED||DJUCED||Virtual DJ 6 DJC Mk4||Virtual DJ 7 LE 4Set||Virtual DJ LE Rmx2 & DJUCED||Virtual DJ 7 LE 4Mx|
|MIDI Control: PC & Mac |
(MIDI controlled DJ software compatible)
Top Customer Reviews
I HAVE USED EXPENSIVE PIONEER AND DENON CONSOLES AND THEY OBVIOUSLY ARE 1000s OF TIMES BETTER THAN THIS. REASON BEING, THEY ARE MUCH MUCH EXPENSIVE.
NOW TO THE PRODUCT ITSELF.
BUILD - GOOD CONSTRUCTION, MAJORITY HARD PLASTIC AND RUBBER KNOBS.
SHOULD LAST LONG UNLESS ABUSED PHYSICALLY.
USABILITY - INCLUDES IT'S OWN SOFTWARE WHICH I DON NOT USE. WORKS PERFECT WITH TRAKTOR AND VIRTUAL DJ. MAPPING MAY BE REQUIRED (EASY).
FEATURES - THE ONBOARD SOUND CARD IS VERY GOOD (CONSIDERING THE PRICE).
PLENTY OF KNOBS AND BUTTONS FOR BEGINNERS . ALSO INCLUDES 8 PADS WHICH ARE GREAT AND VERY SENSITIVE. A RECORD BUTTON AND A PITCH SLIDER COME IN HANDY.
THE AIR CONTROLS HOWEVER WORK ONLY WITH THE GIVEN SOFTWARE AS OTHER PROGRAMS DO NOT SUPPORT FEATURES WITH A PROXIMITY SENSOR.
THE JOG WHEELS FEEL GOOD AND HAVE SLIGHT RESISTANCE, OKAY FOR SCRATCHING. THEY HOWEVER ARE NOT MOTORIZED. KNOBS ARE GOOD, MADE TOUGH AND HAVE A RUBBERIZED FINISH FOR BETTER GRIP.
FEW CONS - I WOULD PREFER A 3.5 INCH OUTPUT JACK INSTEAD OF A 3.5MM
ALSO, I WOULD PREFER A DETACHABLE USB CABLE.
KEEP IN MIND, IN TERMS OF AUDIO EQUIPMENT, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY.
THERE IS OBVIOUSLY A DIFFERENCE IN THIS AND MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE RIGS.
FOR THE PRICE - YOU CAN'T ASK FOR MORE - THE BEST PACKAGE
AN ABSOLUTE BLIND BUY :-)
The pros of this are not a lot. It did arrive pretty fast, you get what you pay, and its light.
The only reason I bought this was because my old ones, mixtrack pro, fell and broke. I needed some new ones fast and I saw these.
I'm 18 years and I've been djing for about 4 years, and I can say these are the worst turntables I've ever owned.
In conclusion, great for people who are wondering if this is the path they want to follow. Horrible for people who've been doing this for a while.
- Well contrast lit up lighting.
- The infrared control "Air" sensor worked well as expected (Required to hold the velocity(effects) button while controlling the sensor).
- Pitch control has good resolution.
- Velocity Pads & Jog Wheels have great sensitivity.
- Velocity Pads have almost the same quality to the "Akai Pro LPD8" beatpad. (Pretty high quality).
- Jog Wheels, EQ controls, Pitch & Volume control and the Crossfader are made of well graded quality rubber.
- Has the "Magic" button that allows you to have sample from your song into sliced-up beats into the Velocity pad. (Need to loop the perfect part of the track before doing this).
- EQ controls has a lock feeling at it's 12 o'clock.
- Pitch control also has a lock feeling at the middle point.
- Front face of the device has the headphones input with "Mix" and "Cue" volume options. (So you can hear the each decks separately without playing them through loud the main speakers).
- Device is lightweight and can fit along with your Laptop due to its perfect length & width size
- Has a 4 count beat indication. (extremely helps a lot while doing mixes.)
- Velocity Pads have default acoustic drum sounds. (I LOVE THAT)
- Majority of the parts are made of Plastic & Rubber.
- ALL the Switch, Faders & Controls feel jerky when you try to move them sideways. (An identification of a low-mid end DJing device).
- Jog Wheels required to push slightly harder to scratch.
- The Scratching resolution for the Jog Wheels is pretty terrible.
- Velocity Pads required to press harder. (Too gentle, it cant detect; Too Hard, could damage the sensitivity)
- The USB cable is nondetachable.
- Play, Cue & Sync buttons feels like 'Mouse Clicking'.
- Sometimes the "Magic" button function sample pretty uneven sounds.
- *Has no casing unlike the 'Hercules DJ MP3 e2' (This Hercules product is not the only one without a casing)
- the base of the Middle section (mixer) of the device is made of smooth hard finished plastic that easily gets & shows finger prints and dust.
- Can't find option to change the sample sounds back to default.
- Can't be used on Djuced 40 (i have already tested it)
- Recording Files are all kept in the same folder and has a fixed name of the time, Date and length of time taken.
- NOT SHOCK PROVE, REMEMBER THAT.
- Effects are limited.
My Personal opinion, this device is the practicing/leisure version of the Hercules DJConsole RMX 2.
Enjoy this product! :D