Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Here Come The 123s
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 11, 2018
Amazing songs, got it for our daughter when she was 3.5. It's her favorite CD and her numbers and adding skills have definitely improved as a result! We like it too, which is so important in those kid CDs that you end up listening to 10,000 times. The lyrics are often funny for grown ups too.
on May 13, 2016
My daughter is seven and she has all of the children's albums by They Might Be Giants. She really enjoys listening to them in the car. I have to admit, I enjoy listening and singing along to them as well. Personally, I prefer the Here Comes Science album, but I would choose this one as my next favorite, and then finally Here Comes the ABCs, and so I would suggest purchasing them in that order if you plan to buy all three over time. My daughter loves them all equally, so no matter which one you choose your child is likely to enjoy it.
on August 6, 2017
Great CD from a fabulous band! Our little one was singing right along and learning her numbers while listening. One of her primary music CD's of choice!
on October 18, 2016
We love all of their albums. My son and I can't get over High 5 or 12 Monkeys. Not quite as catchy as ABC's or Science, but the more I listen, the more I love it.
on December 21, 2011
Not to say we don't know how to count, of course, but this CD, along with the rest of TMBG's children's collection, give you catchy tunes that stick in your head. I'd much rather sing the songs off here than just straight counting, and the music is entertaining enough to hold the attention of our 11 month old son. Also, the included DVD is fun to watch! Those TMBG guys are so creative!

Definitely recommend this as an alternative to the classic children songs!
on September 11, 2014
As a TMBG fan in my youth I was very happy to learn they made kid songs now. I accidentally stumbled across this and immediately bought it for my young sons ( who are now 7 and 10). They loved it and played the heck out of it. My Mom even bought a copy of the DVD for my niece. Lots of catchy tunes that I really don't get tired of. Now I find that my third toddler age son is even a bigger fan than his older brothers. I love how each music video is made in a different style so a kid doesn't get bored. I also have the ABCs and plan to purchase Here come Science very soon on request from my 10 year old. Love it and highly recommend all of their videos and DVDs.
on April 5, 2017
Our whole family loves this album! The songs are catchy and clever and there is something for any age to enjoy. My 2-year-old especially loves the 7 song. My personal favorite is Triops Has 3 Eyes.
on March 21, 2017
Not as good as Here Comes Science but my toddler listened to this and watched the dvd. dancing his diaper off! Tolerable Music from an adult perspective. Not at all annoying.
VINE VOICEon May 19, 2008
I pre-ordered this after seeing the 7 Days music video on the TMBG podcast, and we spent the whole weekend bopping around and singing the song.

We've since gotten the CD/DVD and the DVD rarely leaves our DVD player and the CD's songs have been about the most-played songs on my iPod ever since.

These songs are clever and bouncy, and encompass a wider range of styles than TMBG used to -- High Five, One Dozen Monkeys and several other songs almost seem to be dropped in from some other (also excellent) CD. While the songs clearly have an educational value, they're still dense in the way TMBG songs often are (the very precise definition of zero, for instance, is the kind of thing that shows up in many of their songs).

There's also a great sense of play, whether it's a bunch of number 7s invading a house looking for birthday cake or a girl going bicycle riding with a monkey.

The DVD makes me long for the days when Sesame Street wasn't quite so earnest. TMBG's videos -- which surprisingly encompass a wide range of styles, instead of merely doing the same technique over and over -- are engaging and fun, and have a sort of manic feel to them that Sesame Street has really gotten away from, much to that show's detriment.

And while he hasn't yet had a wide range of musical experiments, this CD and DVD are my 10 month old son's favorite. When he's in a crabby mood, just hearing these songs played -- or watching them, silently, on my iPod -- can turn that around instantly. He's not yet able to discuss integers or even numbers, but the yarn TMBG puppets and the cutout children refusing to go to work makes his face light up every time.

This package was so solid, we're going to be picking up Here Come the ABCs next.
on April 1, 2017
I have lost count as to how many copies of the 123s and ABCs I have bought over the years. It is my go to gift for the 3-5 year olds. It wonderful to grow up with. My 12 year old still loves them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question