Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 191 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 338 reviews
on August 15, 2015
I'm nearly sick of hearing the seven days of the week song because my daughter wants to hear it on repeat constantly
...nearly. It's too good of a song to dislike it. Even after 20 times in a row.

Def a good buy!
on October 22, 2010
I have reviewed this particular CD several times, but as I am buying it AGAIN to replace my lost copy several years later I will add the staying power this has had> In my first review I wrote: Such a relief to have music my 2 1/2 year old enjoys that doesn't remind me of nails on a chalk board. So many children's albums are SOOO bad and this one is actually enjoyable. Must say that I went to see They Might be Giants Live and enjoyed them in my pre-teen to early college years. They haven't changed themselves so much to appeal to the kid crowd that you won't recognize them. If this wasn't your music scene in the past don't anticipate a big change from the grown up CDs to the kids ones. If you replaced 7 with another word they could probably have a top 40 hit instead of something on the Disney circuit. Haven't done much with the DVD version but CD was easy to download unto itunes when put in an apple laptop. As far as actual educational value of the songs I would say that this is a toss up. This is certainly not drill type 1,2,3 stuff and I wouldn't say with the music alone that your kid is going to be a math genius. What it does offer is a way to make the learning fun and fun songs about numbers. There are also some more complex concepts interwined that other educational materials might not hit. Exposure to the pre-fix tri for example and words like triops and tripod certainly aren't going to hurt anyone. Enough adult wit to keep you going and fun tunes that definitely grow on you.
UPDATE FROM A FEW YEARS AGO We have listened to this CD on and off for several months and just a little past three now my son is getting into it. The songs from Mickey Mouse Club House are on here and that discovery was a big hit. Much to my surprise last night my son repeated every day of the week to me in order by singing the song. This morning he asked to hear the #2 song and began listing things that came in pairs. Honestly, I was hoping to build some excitement about numbers and have something that didn't have bad content like sometimes is found on morning talk shows. The fact that it is actually teaching him something during the idle moments between home and preschool is more than I anticipated.

FINAL UPDATE: Even the best children's tunes can eventually wear out their welcome. Its been about 8 months since I dropped the CD in a puddle in a parking lot by mistake and in a hurry just left it there. My son learned about infinity in school and was very proud to know what infinity meant and came home and asked if he could bring in the infinity song from the CD to play for his friends. I guess music truly does have an infinite impact on children!
on August 17, 2015
My daughter absolutely loves this CD/DVD combo. We listen to it quite often in the car. She is always clapping and waving her hands and bobbing her head from side to side.

The bonus DVD is awesome too. All the puppets and cartoons make her laugh and dance. I often see her mimicking what they do on TV.

Great tunes and very creative. I find myself singing a lot of the songs when I'm at work. My coworkers usually laugh at me.

I love all that TMBG puts out. Unique group, catchy tunes, and actually really educational!

***I paid full price for this item and was not obligated to leave any type of review whether it be positive or negative. I wrote this review in order to assist the general consumer make an informative decision when purchasing a product that they can't touch prior***
on May 13, 2016
My daughter is seven and she has all of the children's albums by They Might Be Giants. She really enjoys listening to them in the car. I have to admit, I enjoy listening and singing along to them as well. Personally, I prefer the Here Comes Science album, but I would choose this one as my next favorite, and then finally Here Comes the ABCs, and so I would suggest purchasing them in that order if you plan to buy all three over time. My daughter loves them all equally, so no matter which one you choose your child is likely to enjoy it.
on October 18, 2016
We love all of their albums. My son and I can't get over High 5 or 12 Monkeys. Not quite as catchy as ABC's or Science, but the more I listen, the more I love it.
on December 21, 2011
Not to say we don't know how to count, of course, but this CD, along with the rest of TMBG's children's collection, give you catchy tunes that stick in your head. I'd much rather sing the songs off here than just straight counting, and the music is entertaining enough to hold the attention of our 11 month old son. Also, the included DVD is fun to watch! Those TMBG guys are so creative!

Definitely recommend this as an alternative to the classic children songs!
on September 11, 2014
As a TMBG fan in my youth I was very happy to learn they made kid songs now. I accidentally stumbled across this and immediately bought it for my young sons ( who are now 7 and 10). They loved it and played the heck out of it. My Mom even bought a copy of the DVD for my niece. Lots of catchy tunes that I really don't get tired of. Now I find that my third toddler age son is even a bigger fan than his older brothers. I love how each music video is made in a different style so a kid doesn't get bored. I also have the ABCs and plan to purchase Here come Science very soon on request from my 10 year old. Love it and highly recommend all of their videos and DVDs.
on April 5, 2017
Our whole family loves this album! The songs are catchy and clever and there is something for any age to enjoy. My 2-year-old especially loves the 7 song. My personal favorite is Triops Has 3 Eyes.
on March 21, 2017
Not as good as Here Comes Science but my toddler listened to this and watched the dvd. dancing his diaper off! Tolerable Music from an adult perspective. Not at all annoying.
VINE VOICEon May 19, 2008
I pre-ordered this after seeing the 7 Days music video on the TMBG podcast, and we spent the whole weekend bopping around and singing the song.

We've since gotten the CD/DVD and the DVD rarely leaves our DVD player and the CD's songs have been about the most-played songs on my iPod ever since.

These songs are clever and bouncy, and encompass a wider range of styles than TMBG used to -- High Five, One Dozen Monkeys and several other songs almost seem to be dropped in from some other (also excellent) CD. While the songs clearly have an educational value, they're still dense in the way TMBG songs often are (the very precise definition of zero, for instance, is the kind of thing that shows up in many of their songs).

There's also a great sense of play, whether it's a bunch of number 7s invading a house looking for birthday cake or a girl going bicycle riding with a monkey.

The DVD makes me long for the days when Sesame Street wasn't quite so earnest. TMBG's videos -- which surprisingly encompass a wide range of styles, instead of merely doing the same technique over and over -- are engaging and fun, and have a sort of manic feel to them that Sesame Street has really gotten away from, much to that show's detriment.

And while he hasn't yet had a wide range of musical experiments, this CD and DVD are my 10 month old son's favorite. When he's in a crabby mood, just hearing these songs played -- or watching them, silently, on my iPod -- can turn that around instantly. He's not yet able to discuss integers or even numbers, but the yarn TMBG puppets and the cutout children refusing to go to work makes his face light up every time.

This package was so solid, we're going to be picking up Here Come the ABCs next.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.