Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

Here Come the ABCs
Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 15, 2017
Having been TMBG fans since we were teenagers, we absolutely loved this when our son was a toddler. I’d even find myself still listening after I dropped him at day care and was driving to work. Saw them live when our son was about 3 and it was probably the most fun concert we saw as a family. The crowd was full of families and it was so much fun to see parents get excited when they sang Particle Man and ten the kids get excited when they’d sing something from this. Loved it so much that when I needed a baby gift for a close relative, this CD was my first thought for a gift.
on June 30, 2017
This CD is so much fun my daughter laughs and laughs! This really gets her thinking too. She figured out that on one of the songs the alphabet sung backwards. She asks for the DVD at home too.
on April 12, 2016
If you don't own this yet, buy it! Comes with both a CD and a DVD. It's a favorite of my kids, as well as my husband and me. Music is super cool, and graphics are great. I also recommend the rest of the "series" including Here Come the 123s, and Here comes Science. These are all brilliant.
2 helpful votes
on February 17, 2017
This is a very enjoyable album and companion DVD. My only wish is that they had commissioned a 5.1 mix for the DVD.
So many moments of the music would benefit. As a surround nut, a 5.1 mix would have put this release over the top for me.
Still, it's very entertaining and educational, so I highly recommend it, even to surroundophiles.
on September 22, 2014
I've been a TMBG fan since high school (that's going back 25 years!) and I've got nearly everything they have recoded - both children's and adult's alike. This album has grown on me and my 2-year-old daughter likes it too, though we both don't like it as much as "Here Come The 123's" which is awesome!! The songs and videos in this collection are just OK but, like I said, have grown on us. They have definitely helped my daughter to recognize letters, which is why I give it 4 stars. And the first sing called "The Alphabet of Nations" is fantastic and a must-have for any TMBG fan.
VINE VOICEon April 4, 2008
I've been a TMBG's fan since Lincoln. Their humor and style seem to fit my personality. While I was disappointed with their last release, The Spine, I was excited that they were going to release another "kids" CD and accompanying DVD. Having enjoyed No!, I had high hopes for this release, especially for this DVD. The result? A wonderful exercise in lunacy and education.

It is amazing (like the CD No!) how adults and children alike can enjoy this DVD. While, even at the very basic levels of teaching letters to kids, it is filled with "adult" humor and references that helps crossover and make it more bearable than other educational programs that parents sometimes get tired of watching with their kids.

As for the songs, all are very entertaining and there are many standouts. "LMNO" harkens back to the classic Dan Aykroyd skit on SNL where he wanted to shorten the alphabet and make LMNO into one letter and thus, this song tries to un-do his damage. "Letter Shapes" features no lyrics but it reminds me of the days when Electric Company would make digital sounds to represent their letter/word of the day. And "E Eats Everything" is the best and most entertaining video for all ages.

The extras on the disk include some live performances of songs from No and The Spine and a few animated videos as well. Don't miss the simple yet oddly compelling video for "Violin." And "Robot Parade" is just awesome!

All I can say is TMBG has a great talent of mixing the intelligent lunacy with simple and catchy children's themes. I would not be upset at all of their remaining CD's and DVD's stick with this theme.
on January 13, 2016
I had one of these for my grand daughter. She loved it so much that she played it out. Had to order this second one for her.
on December 9, 2014
My kid knew every letter in the alphabet before he was two. He did not know the alphabet song, he knew the letters. He could tell me when the letters were upside down, and he never confused the M with the W or the M with the N. Crazy. This DVD was on excessive rotation at gramma's house, but hey, it did its job. Ditto for the 123s.
Fun to listen to as an adult for the first 20 times. Then you sing it to yourself in your sleep and you hate the world. This is the danger of technology plus parenting.
on May 10, 2016
My daughter really loves this CD. She's seven, and also owns Here Comes Science and Here Come the 123s. They Might Be Giants is one of her favorite bands and we listen to their music in the car all the time. While I personally prefer HCS to this album, it's definitely a great album with a lot of fun songs on it and we enjoy it a lot.
on July 20, 2008
My first introduction to They Might BE Giants was when their videos for Istanbul and Particle Man first aired on Tiny Toon Adventures. I've been listening to their music since. I studied music for a long time and studied many different kinds of music and taken an interest in many artists, but for some reason They Might Be Giants winds up being at the top of my listening list again, over and over. I recently purchased both the ABC's and 123's and watch the cintained dvd with my 1-year-old daughter. These two dvds are the only content we really ever let her watch, and they are the only videos that have ever kept her attention long enough - she listens and watches avidly, dances, claps. I love and sing along to all the songs and sit with her through each viewing of the videos; it's an activity that we both enjoy very much, and she seems genuinely interested in the content of the songs.
So a big thanks to John and John for these 2 cd/dvd combos, and thanks to Amazon for selling them, and a big recommendation for any fellow Giants fans with little Giants fans on board.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.