Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 166 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 319 reviews
on June 30, 2017
This CD is so much fun my daughter laughs and laughs! This really gets her thinking too. She figured out that on one of the songs the alphabet sung backwards. She asks for the DVD at home too.
on January 13, 2014
We give this to all of our nieces/nephews for their first birthdays. Of the 6 families who have received it so far, 5 love it (and the other one doesn't count... they have horrible taste in everything and didn't give it a try)!

One year old is a fun age to get them started on this. It appeals to them, but older kids love it, too. Plus, it's not irritating for parents, like most kid music.

Our kids learned to LOVE letters from watching this. And since it comes with an audio CD, we can use it in the car if we need to calm our toddlers (and the older kids still love it). We do Here Come the 123's for their 2nd birthday and that's fun too (actually, I like the music even more on that one).

My sister-in-law said the DVD saved her on a 20 hour road trip with her 18 month old. It's saved us many times, too. Our kids are now 6, 4, and 1 year. We started it when the 6 year old was 1. They've all loved it!
on April 12, 2016
If you don't own this yet, buy it! Comes with both a CD and a DVD. It's a favorite of my kids, as well as my husband and me. Music is super cool, and graphics are great. I also recommend the rest of the "series" including Here Come the 123s, and Here comes Science. These are all brilliant.
on February 17, 2017
This is a very enjoyable album and companion DVD. My only wish is that they had commissioned a 5.1 mix for the DVD.
So many moments of the music would benefit. As a surround nut, a 5.1 mix would have put this release over the top for me.
Still, it's very entertaining and educational, so I highly recommend it, even to surroundophiles.
on September 22, 2014
I've been a TMBG fan since high school (that's going back 25 years!) and I've got nearly everything they have recoded - both children's and adult's alike. This album has grown on me and my 2-year-old daughter likes it too, though we both don't like it as much as "Here Come The 123's" which is awesome!! The songs and videos in this collection are just OK but, like I said, have grown on us. They have definitely helped my daughter to recognize letters, which is why I give it 4 stars. And the first sing called "The Alphabet of Nations" is fantastic and a must-have for any TMBG fan.
on October 11, 2015
I have bought this for dozens of friends. It was literally my go to prezzies for new parents. Then I bought it for my two year old. Ooops. The great news is that my kid loves watching the DVD! The not so great news is that I can only tolerate listening to the nonsense lyrics for a short while. The videos look like something I made in junior high media arts class. Bottom line: fun for toddlers, more brainy than Barney, less palatable for parents.
VINE VOICEon April 4, 2008
I've been a TMBG's fan since Lincoln. Their humor and style seem to fit my personality. While I was disappointed with their last release, The Spine, I was excited that they were going to release another "kids" CD and accompanying DVD. Having enjoyed No!, I had high hopes for this release, especially for this DVD. The result? A wonderful exercise in lunacy and education.

It is amazing (like the CD No!) how adults and children alike can enjoy this DVD. While, even at the very basic levels of teaching letters to kids, it is filled with "adult" humor and references that helps crossover and make it more bearable than other educational programs that parents sometimes get tired of watching with their kids.

As for the songs, all are very entertaining and there are many standouts. "LMNO" harkens back to the classic Dan Aykroyd skit on SNL where he wanted to shorten the alphabet and make LMNO into one letter and thus, this song tries to un-do his damage. "Letter Shapes" features no lyrics but it reminds me of the days when Electric Company would make digital sounds to represent their letter/word of the day. And "E Eats Everything" is the best and most entertaining video for all ages.

The extras on the disk include some live performances of songs from No and The Spine and a few animated videos as well. Don't miss the simple yet oddly compelling video for "Violin." And "Robot Parade" is just awesome!

All I can say is TMBG has a great talent of mixing the intelligent lunacy with simple and catchy children's themes. I would not be upset at all of their remaining CD's and DVD's stick with this theme.
on January 13, 2016
I had one of these for my grand daughter. She loved it so much that she played it out. Had to order this second one for her.
on December 9, 2014
My kid knew every letter in the alphabet before he was two. He did not know the alphabet song, he knew the letters. He could tell me when the letters were upside down, and he never confused the M with the W or the M with the N. Crazy. This DVD was on excessive rotation at gramma's house, but hey, it did its job. Ditto for the 123s.
Fun to listen to as an adult for the first 20 times. Then you sing it to yourself in your sleep and you hate the world. This is the danger of technology plus parenting.
on May 10, 2016
My daughter really loves this CD. She's seven, and also owns Here Comes Science and Here Come the 123s. They Might Be Giants is one of her favorite bands and we listen to their music in the car all the time. While I personally prefer HCS to this album, it's definitely a great album with a lot of fun songs on it and we enjoy it a lot.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.