Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on August 18, 2016
I have to say, this is an amazingly powerful book. I suffer from OCD myself, and it seems that all these self-help books just don't get it. This isn't in any way a self-help book, but for those needing to know someone out there gets it, he does. It's so isolating and depressing to have to deal with, and the fear is unbearable. Howie talks about his battle, and I have to admit, it really hit home. I realized someone gets it., someone gets my struggle and my fears. I wish we could've delved a bit deeper into that side, but honestly, I'm not surprised it didn't. He talks about his debilitating ADHD, which I'm sure was part of why the book didn't delve deeper. I'm sure it was hard enough talking about his struggles and life, but that being said, it's still a fantastic read. I laughed pretty hard at parts (won't spoil those for those who've not read it yet,) but I will say I may have gotten a few looks reading it in the breakroom at work. Don't hesitate to read this. You really won't regret it.
on July 5, 2017
This was such a fun read. At times poignant as Howie Mandell walks you through his life and his perspective on his various issues. I felt sad for him at times and many others I was truly laughing out loud - which he would have loved since often this was sitting alone in the middle of a restaurant. Awkward is his stock in trade and certainly felt that at times.

This is not a joke book, but it is very funny. This is not a how to handle OCD, ADHD, etc book - but he does tackle these from his point of view.

If you enjoy watching Howie, you will enjoy this read. It is as if he were sitting on a talk show couch and someone is transcribing his words. Feels like a conversation that he has invited us to join.
on April 22, 2017
I bought this used book after watching a taping of "America's Got Talent" where Mandel is one of the judges. Parts of the book are laugh-out-loud funny; others are sad. It's great that Mandel is being upfront about obsessive-compulsive disorder and other disorders. All the more interesting because he grew up during a time of huge stigmas about mental illness and treatment. I am also happy that his parents, who could have criticized and discouraged their son when he was a kid, teen and young adult, instead encouraged him and were enthusiastic about his efforts.
on August 30, 2016
As someone who was recently diagnosed with OCD, I purchased Howie's book to help understand my condition better. For me the key takeaway was that you can't prepare for everything that life will throw at you. I was looking for a cure but Howie showed me that I was looking for the wrong thing. What I found was that I can live with OCD, be a successful father, husband and friend. Thank you Howie for being so open with such a private part of your life; it made a difference in mine.
on May 4, 2016
So well written for a first time author. So many funny stories as well as so many painful experiences. Have loved Howie since St Elsewhere, had no idea of his personal struggles. He is really an amazing man whose laughter and antics bring so much joy. Bought the book after my son worked with him on a tv show. Very friendly, professional, and warm man. Thanks Howie!!!
on October 7, 2016
I wanted to read more about his issues with OCD. This was a story of how his obsessive Mother fed into his nervous traits, his career began, his topsy turby life with friends because he was so obnoxious and ADHD. It wasn't enjoyable. I kept waiting to hear how he dealt with his OCD issues. I gave this book to the Goodwill.
on February 7, 2010
I really enjoyed this book. Many areas I laughed out loud (and don't usually do that when reading). I was laughing with him, NOT at his condition and he meant for those areas to be funny. Also there were areas very serious. I really didn't understand just what Howe was going through until I read his book. This is a fast read book because he holds your interest. Thank you to Howe for sharing his life with us.
on November 2, 2017
Loved it but expected the book to talk more about his issue however I see where he was going with this book. Either way I love him.
on March 29, 2017
Laughed until I cried. Love you, Howie!
on January 4, 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed ... no no, loved ... this book! The entire time, and for several days after finishing (I say several because I was on a New Years cruise to the Caribbean) shared some stories and snippets from this book to family and friends. I've read several books that were told to be 'funny,' however, none produced -- ESPECIALLY to the level this one did.

Howie shares some information and stories from his path from being a child to very recent times of his obstacles he has to face, and most of them, at his misfortune, provide many laughs to others around him and to those reading the book.

It was a very easy read, and a VERY enjoyable one as well. I hope Howie writes more in the future, his style and edge is wonderful.

FIST BUMP!