Hermes (Mercury) of Praxiteles Bust Statue with Greek Marble Base
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5.5 inches (14 cm) tall and 14.3 ounces (405 grams) heavy bust sculptures
- Made by top quality alabaster; offered in two color variations: white and yellowish/antique style patina
- Based on a Greek marble square base
- Perfect for office and library decoration
- Perfect gift for artists and historians
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
This is a beautiful bust statue of Hermes, the ancient Olympian God of transitions and boundaries, also known as the messenger of the gods. The bust comes from the famous “Hermes of Praxiteles” full-body statue displayed in the Archaeological Museum of Olympia. This statue, made by Parian marble and being 2.10 meters tall, is the only original world of Praxiteles – sculpted in 343 B.C - that has survived (the rest of his work has been saved through later copies). It was discovered in tact about 150 years ago in Olympia. Hermes appears to be holding the small Dionysus with his left hand, who in turn tries to take something from Hermes’ right hand. Our bust is made by top quality alabaster and it is offered in two different color variations: white (looks like real marble) and “antique” style patina (ochre color).
Compare to similar items
This item Hermes (Mercury) of Praxiteles Bust Statue with Greek Marble Base
|Shipping||$8.49||$11.49||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Epictetus Bookstore||Shop Italian Statues||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||White||White||White||White Marble finish|