+ $3.99 shipping
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $4.98. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the Manufacturer
The Gathering Storm includes six entirely new campaigns which tell the tale of five heroes and their quest to defeat a mad wizard named Hexis, whose control of the realms of Nature and Death have begun a chain of events that threaten not just the heroes' own kingdom of Devonshire, but all of the lands of Lodwar. As Hexis's strength grows, so does his negative effect on nature itself. Earthquakes, floods, storms, and more have begun to spread across the kingdom, and it is up to the five heroes to stop Hexis and somehow reverse the damage he has done.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
All, the problems of Heroes IV still exist, but they have strengthened the good elements.
The new expansion includes the following features:
* Multiplayer support (also available as a free download from the 3DO site)
* Six campaigns
* Four new monsters
* Several new buildings
* 15 new artifacts
* The six campaigns were designed much better than the original maps. The designers took into account the terrible A.I., and tweaked their maps accordingly. The new maps are much more linear (probably to avoid the A.I. cheating with the Fog of War), and have a deffinite RPG feel to it. In fact, I consider this expansion to be a role-playing game with strong strategy elements, not the other way round.
* Some of the new buidings - arenas of two types - add to the fun factor to the game. These arenas will grant a hero a level when he (alone) defeats a number of dragons.
* Serious bugs in multiplayer allow for lots of cheating. For example, players are able to move units between towns instantly, due to one of the more serious bugs.
* Gameplay of 20-30 hours for single player does not justify the price.
* Random map generator still not included.
* User maps created when this expansion is installed will not run on HoMM4 without the expansion, even if the new elements are not included.
If you are a HoMM fan, wait till the price drops... before going out and buying it.
Around 20 Single scanario maps and 5 multi-player maps
6 Camapaigns (the 6th one opens up when you finish the 5th)
4 New creatures (pretty tough ones at that)
around 18 new artifacts in 5 sets (when the sets are put together you get bonus abilities)
5 Spell conservatories (adventure objects where you can buy spell scrolls)
2 Arenas (adventure object where you fight dragons to gain levels)
The multi-player patch is included (or you can download seperatly)
Enough in my opinion to be worth the price. The campaign maps are also more challenging also IMHO. In the end, if you liked Heroes IV, your gonna like this one as well.