Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Herschel Supply Co. Settlement, Black, One Size” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 15% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
- 100% Polyester
- fabric lining
- zipper closure
- Wipe with damp cloth
- 17" high
- 11" wide
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Herschel Supply Company
Herschel Supply Co. is based in Vancouver, Canada and manufactures the finest quality backpacks, bags, travel goods and accessories. Our goal is to create timeless product with a fine regard for detail.
We stand behind the quality of our products with a Limited Lifetime Warranty* — our guarantee that every Herschel Supply item is free of material and manufacturing defects. This warranty covers common and everyday use for the duration of the original purchaser’s lifetime, beginning on the date of purchase from an authorized Herschel Supply retailer.
*For more information you can contact the official customer service or visit the official website.
The Herschel Settlement Backpack is practical and pairs vintage style with modern construction.
Signature striped fabric liner.
15 inch laptop sleeve.
Exposed brass zippers.
Pebbled leather zipper pulls.
Single front pocket with key clip.
Internal media pocket with headphone port.
Classic woven label.
17.75 inch (H) x 12.25 inch (W) x 5.75 inch (D), 23L.
The Settlement is a practical backpack that features exposed plastic zippers, offering a vintage style paired with a modern feel
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 12.2 x 17.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B0077BYLKK
- Item model number: 10005-00001-OS
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 8, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Within three weeks, however, BOTH zippers broke and were unfixable. They broke within minutes of each other! I am so frustrated-- the whole reason I needed a new backpack was because my old one's zipper broke... after FOUR YEARS OF USE. NOT THREE WEEKS!! This is ridiculous-- Herschel is supposed to be a reputable company making nice, sturdy products... yet your zippers suck. Returning promptly.
* This backpack looks durable, classic, stylish, and the color (Rust) is just what I expected. I have a short petite frame, and the size looks great. It's not too big for me. My brother tried it on and he liked it. He is tall 5'11 lean build, and the fit looks perfect on him, but I'm still keeping it. It's mine! Hahaha. I purchased mine from Amazon seller "altrec," and I'm completely satisfied with their service and packaging.
Inside the Main Pocket:
* Pocket for a 13'-15' inch laptop can fit snuggly.
* There is a small media pocket on the side that can fit small devices like an iPhone 3GS.
* Interior may differ, mine is exactly as pictured with red/white stripes.
* Spacious enough to fit textbooks, notebooks, with laptop included.
Inside the Small Pocket:
* Simple pocket with a keychain holder snap.
* No additional inner pockets included.
* Near the media pocket that is inside there is a round rubbery black socket outside. I believe it is intended to slip earphones while it is connected to a device.
* The zippers look incredibly durable, and classic. Just how I like it. There is no lip bordering the OUTSIDE of the zipper, which I think is fantastic. No one enjoys having to take out a zipper that's stuck on that extra material.
* The entire material of the backpack feels durable.
* There is minimal leather (a small piece on one shoulder strap, and removable straps on each zipper).
* The padding on the shoulder straps feel durable, and most importantly incredibly comfortable.
I have no idea how it holds up against machine washing. Suggestions are spot cleaning only. My dog accidentally pissed on my backpack, and I quickly washed the spot with mild soap and warm water, no stains were left nor color fade.
-It gets dirty really easily, just little scuff marks that can be brushed off.
-The front pocket is extremely small. This backpack is more of a laptop case rather than a backpack for heavy books at school.
-The zippers get stuck. The zipper teeth of this backpack are also really large which makes it harder to zip.
-The zipper tabs will fall off, unless you're extremely careful
The backpack itself is probably worth half of what I paid for, but the little tab that says Herschel is what you're actually paying for.