|Item Weight||16 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||132 x 120 x 48 inches|
|Item model number||ORK|
|Manufacturer Part Number||ORK|
|OEM Part Number||ORK|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Hi-Lift Jack ORK Off-Road Kit
|Price:||$69.92 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Hi-Lift Jack Off-Road Kit contains all the accessories needed for winching with a Hi-Lift jack all in one convenient bag. Use this kit to turn your Hi-Lift jack into an even more versatile tool.
- Includes winch tensioner
- Includes custom nose attachment
- Includes eight foot tree saver strap
- Also includes a pair of Hi-Lift gloves, necessary hardware and gear bag
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- It's over priced. All you really need is the bracket to connect it to the jack nose, and the tensioner bracket. You can get everything else yourself at your local industrial supplier. That being said, hi lift is a very old and very trusted brand name and basically they hold the title for making the best off road jack products out there.
- It comes with some junk. The tree strap is pretty wimpy. I've retired it after one summer, but it did fine through about 5 recoveries for me. This is mainly on a 5000lb. loaded up Toyota 4Runner. It looked like it was going to snap from day one, but it never did. The gloves, what gloves? (tosses them over his shoulder)
- I don't recall ever seeing that little silver shackle in the picture, but if it did come with that, I threw it away. I thought that it came with a 31/4 ton 5/8" galvanized stamped shackle but I could be mistaken. I've had a handfull of 3 1/4 and 4 3/4 shackles in each truck for years. These are regulation rigging shackles we're talking about, built with a safety factor of 6:1. That means that even the little 5/8" shackle will lift almost 20 tons before it fails. That's more than enough for a hi lift jack! If you want to use real shackles and be safe then use Crosby or Ocean shackles or an equivalent shackle with a safety factor of 6:1.
Now for the rest of the review:
I bought 25 feet of system 7 (grade 70) 3/8" chain with a SWLL of 6600 lbs. This chain is proof tested to 13200 lbs. I also bought the appropriate hooks, along with some grabber hooks. I put a grabber on one end and a standard hook on the other just to add function to the chain.Read more ›
I bought this kit knowing its intended usage and recognizing the need for a hand winch in situations where my main winch would not be suitable.
The parts that connect to the Hi-Lift themselves (the the winch tensioner and the nose attachment) are good and what I bought the kit for.
The bow shackle and strap should be thrown away if you are doing vehicle recovery. Those pieces are not strong enough. The strap ~may~ be useful for ATV rescue, but does not seem to be very trustworthy. It's not stitched very well, has no break strength ratings printed, and no eye guards. Toss it now.
The bag is also thow-away item. Once you get the gear in it and add the necessary 30 feet of chain (sold separately), the bag is not strong enough and ends up tearing. I replaced it with a Husky tool bag from Home Depot, which is working much better.
-Buy it to increase the capability of your Hi-Lift. This is an indispensable tool.
-Throw away anything that is not attached to a chain and replace it with better, more suitable gear.
In assembling the winch tensioner, the hole is too far back in the casting to get the bolt thru. The width of the casting is too narrow to readily accept the chain link, didn't allow for the weld on the link! After forcing the link into the casting, the second link is firm against the nose leaving a good 1/8" to go to get the bolt in. I ground a small notch in the casting to allow the second link to seat itself a little deeper. Being as how you are going to be standing in line with the straps,chain,etc., the weakest link had better be the shear pin in the jack, ONLY!! You don't want hooks, chain,etc. breaking under load, I don't want to walk out with my head tucked under my arm! I'll replace the hooks,that's for sure. For my JEEP, the chain and shackle are probably OK, if not stuck in deep mud, but I'm not happy. Remember, the shear pin should be the ONLY thing breaking if your exceeding the load limit. I offroad alone in the Rockies,I'm VERY careful! With this kit I'll be even more careful because I never want to be forced to use it!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great product. Arrived on time. Great price. Best of all, ships to an APO address.Published 6 days ago by Wesley L. Hubbard
Kit is decent. You could spend the same amount on a kit built on your own, though.Published 20 days ago by A.L.
I bought it just to be sure I have it in case of necessity. So far I have never used. But overall, I am happy to have it. Besides, it seems very solid and well made.Published 1 month ago by TSHIMANGA Minkoka
Chinese and Indian components.
I purchased this kit, like most here, for the winch tensioner and nose piece that unfortunately can't be found separately. Read more
Bag is a little chinsy, probably won't last long but it is big enough to fit all the Hi Lift stuff I have into it.Published 3 months ago by Joshua M. Provost
Very handy accessory for the Hi-Lift Jack. Enclosed gloves are throw-aways, but who cares!Published 3 months ago by James Bryan