Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on June 19, 2012
I used these boots to hike the Way of St. James (5 day hike, over 70 miles of rough terrain). I am a woman size 6 (generally corresponds to Big Kid size 4). I could definitely have used a size bigger.

I found these boots to be an EXCELLENT value for the prize. They felt ultralight, they are trully waterproof (I used them several consecutive days of nasty weather), they offer great support for your ankle, and the sole gives you very decent protection without making you feel like Big Foot.

On the not so hot side, the size running a tad smaller than usual, plus the rubber reinforcement of the toes making it a bit harder to break in that it normally would. NOW,after over 100 miles on them, they feel like a glove.

Overall, two thumbs up. Performance comparable to the higher end range of hiking boots (true and tested in harsh conditions), just account for tight sizing when you order yours.
on January 5, 2012
My wife and I had a hard time finding any stores that had little kids hiking shoes in stock so we resorted to amazon and based our decision on the reviews. These were purchased for our 6 year old little girl with a mother that is very picky on her appearance, to say it lightly... Anyway, these shoes are darling on her. We are just getting into hiking so we only went aprox 4 miles our first outing which was the day we received the shoes and the first time she had wore them at all. She said they were very comfortable, warm and never complained about them. The ground was wet rock, loose leaves, mountainous and muddy and a temp of 40 degrees. The shoes had great grip and the waterproof was tested with no issues.

We would absolutely recommend these for anyone.
on June 19, 2014
Bought these for a family trip to the Smokies since I anticipated our son splashing through creeks and climbing on rocks on our day hikes. Wanted something w/ better tread than his tennis shoes, and also something waterproof. Was delighted (!!) to find this shoe on Amazon for a price I was willing to pay (it happened that the size I needed was around thirty five bucks... about half what I saw similar hiking boots running for elsewhere).

Tread is great - he seemed to have no trouble slipping, except on obviously slick, wet rocks, which is to be expected.

Waterproof - kept his feet dry, as long as he didn't walk in water that was deeper than his shoes, of course.

Fit - I had read in other reviews that the shoe runs small. His tennis shoes are a size 10 and still have a bit of room past the end of his big toes. I ordered these in a size 11 and they fit perfectly. I think he has a bit of room past the end of his big toes, but a little difficult to assess due to sturdy (thick, not easily flexible) construction of the toe of the boot.

Comfort - my child asked to wear these even while playing in the back yard. He seemed to enjoy them and was not in a hurry to take them off.

I would not hesitate to buy these again. Just know that they run small, so order a bigger size.
on November 12, 2013
My little guy is just over two and a half and he has large feet. I bought 10M US Toddler as he wears 9-9.5US in Pediped. He wanted to be like daddy and wear work boots, and these look similar to the military boots my husband wears with his uniform every day. Since they arrived, I've not been able to get them off my son's feet. He won't wear any of his other shoes! As these have a rather stiff sole, I'd like for him to switch back and forth between his pedipeds and these... But perhaps in time the novelty will wear off. I bought them large because well, he's a growing boy and I know I can layer socks in these if needed. But I don't need to. The laces cinch the shoe on his foot well and he runs in them just fine. These are his first shoes with laces, so we're having to help him put them on and tuck the laces so he doesn't trip. He's been wearing them for about a week and shows no signs of rubbing or discomfort to his feet. When my son is happy, I'm happy and my son is very happy with these boots.
on October 19, 2013
I love these shoes and the size 6 are perfect. I normally wear a women's size 7 D width. I have gotten frustrated trying to find a true women's D width. So i thought i would try boys since mens / boys medium is a D width. I finally found some one who carries the half sizes and ordered 5..5. They fit but a little snug returned these with no hassles and ordered the size 6 which fit great and i am able to wear heavier socks. All i did was change the inserts since i have high arches to my inserts and good to go with no breaking in the shoes needed.
The keen brand is way too large in there sizes and do not offer half sizes.
Will look at this brand for more options.
on July 16, 2011
I will be honest and tell you this was not my first choice. I had wanted to buy the Merrell Moabs as those were the highly rated boots reviewed in Boys Life last year. However, my procrastination in purchasing them would not have delivered them in time for Boy Scout summer camp. So I ordered these instead because they had the prime shipping.

My son loved these boots. They were comfortable and kept his feet dry. He completed a five mile hike in them with no blisters and wore these boots everyday at camp instead of his tennis shoes. I was happy with the $45 price, which was about half the price of the Merrells. I would most certainly order this brand again.
on July 30, 2013
My 9yr old and I hike often. We typically go between 10-15 miles in 2 days. He wears these boots the entire time, and loving them. No blisters, they are tough enough to handle most anything the 9yr old throws at them. We aren't hiking river bottom type stuff. This is 3000ft hills with steep slopes, mud, and rock ledges. I'm seriously impressed by these, especially considering the cost. I wish he didn't outgrow them so quick. Highly recommended.
on August 10, 2011
I have small feet (size 3) and as an adult it's always tough to find nice, well constructed shoes that hold up well and don't "look" like kids' shoes; most kids' shoes seem to be cheaply put together, with perhaps the thinking that they'll be outgrown soon anyway and don't need to be well constructed. Not so with these. I bought a pair of these a year ago and have only been impressed with them; excellent, sturdy construction, great support, very lightweight and, after a year, they're nicely broken in but still in fine shape even after almost daily wear.

I bought those shoes on a specialized outdoor gear site and as you can imagine, they were pretty pricey. I was thrilled to see them here at substantial discount and immediately bought another pair even though I don't actually need them yet. I can see that I was smart to do so -- they're disappearing fast! Great boots at a great price. Highly recommended.
on May 1, 2012
We recently purchased these boots for our son whom is eight. We hike at various locations along the Front Range and also in the High Country. We wanted a boot that was lite and comfortable but also water-proof and breathable so we could handle the various conditions and terrains without worries. He has put about 10 miles on them thus far but we intend on adding many more in the up-coming months. The only complaint he had was on the first hike they were stiff and making his feet sore, but that is expected with a new pair of boots. We are happy with the quality of these boots and would recommend them to other recreational users. Great price and great value!
on January 16, 2013
Agreat waterproof hiking boot for my five year old grandson. he is wearing them to day to school because the weather is wet and a little slippery. these boots are perfect for the day and he wanted to show them off at kindergarten, he is ex cited about hiking and watches ut-ube videos of hiking. It tookme t5o tries to get the size right be cause of my con fusion eith toddler vs. little kid sizing. but Amazon customer service saved the day and helped chane from 11M toddlrt to 11M kittle kid my grand son dayes they are very comfortable and Imhave faith in his judgement on such matters. thank you Amazon costomer service for your great help. with the sizing questions
Papa

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.