|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $11.99 (100%)
A Hidden Fire: Elemental Mysteries Book One Kindle Edition
|Length: 321 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE: I bought and read the other 3 books in the series and can say without any hesitation that this was possibly THE best series of 2011/12. Amazing story.
Hunter has created memorable, compelling characters and a rich, well-conceived world in A Hidden Fire. Unlike so many series popular at the moment, this book does not rely on placing the main characters in some life-threatening situation in the first chapter to gain the reader's attention. Instead, Hunter takes time to introduce us to Gio and B, showing us what these characters are like, discovering personality traits and weaknesses. It's such a refreshing change to simply watch the characters demonstrate their more interesting qualities instead of simply being told 'she's really independent and clever' or 'he's dark and brooding.' Hunter gives the reader the rare opportunity to find these details on his/her own, creating a bond between characters and reader that has been sorely lacking in recent literature.
Be forewarned, the story does not move from action scene to action scene, doesn't contain melodramatic, overwrought love scenes, or mustache twirling villains. Hunter is a strong writer who has created a series that speaks for itself and doesn't depend on stale genre stereotypes to grab the reader's attention.Read more ›
I loved the idea of the main character being a librarian, and there being such a focus on extremely old literature. And Giovanni is totally an Italian name, and combining that with the mention of Renaissance Florence, I was sold! Books and Italy. What more could I ask for? A Hidden Fire had its moments, but overall I was a little disappointed. It fell short of its potential, and I feel like it could have been so much better than it was.
1. The whole beginning is pretty mysterious. Beatrice is a librarian at the Houston University in the Special Collections reading room, picking up a new shift where she ends up spending time with Dr. Giovanni Vecchio, who is translating a very old document. He's a unique person with a hidden past, and we go a while in the book before we find out who he is and why he's connected to bunch of old literature. Beatrice is more to him than a librarian. Danger surrounds her, plus he's developing feelings for her.
2. I liked the main characters. Beatrice is smart, shy, and bookish.She's extremely level-headed, all things considered. I love her sarcasm and quick wit. I think we'd be friends. Giovanni is a sexy bad boy. He's also very scholarly and is always reading or researching something. He's also reclusive, with a very rich past that is coming back to haunt him. I loved the banter between the two of them. The sexual tension was definitely there. I just with they had done more with it.
3. The romance is kind of silly and unbelievable. You can tell Gio and Beatrice care about each other, but it's weird. He treats her like a child he needs to protect, and she treats him like a knight in shining armor.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really liked it. If you like vampire stories, you will enjoy this book. I'm planning on reading the complete series and I'm not one to read a lot.Published 8 hours ago by Lea Cochran
It is well written and pulls you into the story line. I enjoyed reading it.Published 13 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Don't usually read Vamp books. Started this one and fell in love with the characters!! Can't wait to read the next!!!Published 16 hours ago by Amazon Customer
The characters in the book are very unbelievable, very hard to get interested in the plot. This book seems very similar to "The Discovery of Witches" to me... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Megan L.
I was glued to the pages for hours. The author's writing style is witty and descriptive and would often have me ignoring everything around me so I could read more. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Kimberly E.
I found this book fun cute and exciting. I can't wait to see if the sexual tension between the main characters ever gets releasedPublished 5 days ago by JJE91109
Well-written, and I did care about the primary and secondary protagonists. However, there's not enough trust and strength in the H&h's relationship, and the ending had only a... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Diane D. (genre fiction biblioholic)
Beatrice and Giovanni sitting in a tree... I like the spin this put on the girl meets vampire and falls in love story. Read morePublished 6 days ago by MrzJerzy
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Vampires
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Romantic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban