Hidden door Hinge System by Murphy Door
|Price:||$139.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Want professional installation of this product?
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Pay only when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Secret Door, Build your own Hidden door system
- Hidden door universal hinge, Inswing our Out Swing, left or right hinged, hidden door system
- Bookshelf Door System, Create a door 24"-36" Door way with a book shelf
- Holds upto 250 Lbs.
- Made in the USA
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have you always wanted your own Secret Passage? or Hidden Door system like that bat cave? This unique patented hinge system is 100% made in the USA, It features the ability to be used for an inswing or out swing door system. It provides a 100% concealed doorway system. Simple to build and install offers a lifetime warranty. Instructions included
Top customer reviews
The top pin turns to lock and can't fall out, nor can it get loose, unless you've installed it incorrectly. The bottom hinge glides smoothly. The catch is adjustable once installed to the amount of 'catch' is needed.
Tip: I secured the threshold last, as I used that to adjust the door so it was level.
I didnt use the door catch mechanism it came with to hold the shelf (door). The door catch mechanism allowed the shelf to have a slight jiggle, which I didnt like. I purchased a set of CMS round magnets (70 pounds) to hold the shelf door and worked better. No more jighle and had a solid hold to it.
I'm quite handy - I literally just built my wife and I's new 2000+ sq ft $400k home but these hinges are a nightmare. There are no instructions, there were extra parts that I found were not needed, and their customer support is non existent.
I called customer service and installation support at the number listed on the "instructions" that I had to find myself as well they were not included in my package. I placed at least 3 calls over 5 days to each number.
Each call immediately went to one person's voicemail (the same person each time). On the voicemail, I asked my specific simple question and never received a return phone call.
Eventually, I decided to just rig up the hinges to work "my way," and they did the job. We've tested the bookcase loaded with a combined weight of over 300 lbs and it swings perfectly. Whether or not you will have the same sturdiness and success depends on how you decide to put these parts together because I'm sure you won't have any assistance from the manufacturer.
I used it for an inset book shelf that swings outward.
- The system pivots freely and is not labored with a little bit of weight.
- Best solution I could find for under $150.
- Quality bearings and hardware. It should be able to last for years to come.
- It is rated for 250 pounds. Most book shelves and their contents would exceed that. You need to be selected with what you put on.
- The plans and dimensions are for a standard door. Any other size door requires some trial and error to get it to work.
- The top pin can be difficult to install without having it show. I ended up creating a cover plate to hide the pin to fully conceal the hinge.
- It cones with a plastic wedge to create a friction catch, it is useless. It is really thin and you have to create block to elevate the thin wedge to even make contact with the underside of your shelf.
- The product shows a painted; however, my came as unfinished metal.
All-in-all, I would recommend using this on in-ward swing doors. It is easier to install and make a truly hidden door.
Most recent customer reviews
I won't go into details..Read more