Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on June 23, 2015
I had trouble believing a lot of the story line. Juliana gets pregnant with Lucas' child, finds out she has a gene for "hyperstormic atrophy" which kills male children when they are 40 years old. She doesn't think Lucas will accept her child, so she leaves him without explaining anything. Why pick a non-existent medical condition when there's plenty of real ones that would make more sense, particularly when Juliana's child turns out to be female. So then a jewel thief enters the picture, somehow figures out everything about the child (Briana's) parentage by romancing the local librarian who knows 5 year-old Briana from library visits (wow, how easy is that to believe?). He then manipulates Juliana to steal Lucas' family's jewel treasure, the Nadyenka Sapphire. Which dates back several generations to the royal family of Dunavia, a non-existent country.

The story stays unrealistic throughout, but I liked how the main characters interacted and worked together to catch the absolutely crazy jewel thief. By the way, this book also makes the FBI appear incredibly stupid and inept. But if you're ready to try a "willing suspension of disbelief," this story was an OK read, especially for the (free) price.
on November 16, 2012
3.5 This was pretty good. Juliana left Luke six years ago but when she left she took her secret with her. The beginning opens up to Juliana receiving a phone call that a man has her five year old daughter. You want her back steal a royal jewel for me. But the joke is on Juliana. The jewel belong to Luke. She must break into Luke's house and steal it and only then will she get her daughter back. Problem is that Juliana isn't a thief and Luke catches her.

What happens after that is a lot of cat and mouse. And a jewel thief/kidnapper who can change his appearance and has been slipping by the FBI. Speaking of FBI that is who Luke works for as well. This story was heartfelt when Luke found out what Juliana was hiding. I really didn't like all the sneakiness that Juliana went through at first. Hiding her daughter's picture so that Luke wouldn't see. Trying to shut up her house keeper so she wouldn't accidentally say something that would tip Luke off. I was just like come on already! Stop being a selfish coward. Anyway love prevails and its a long road to catch a thief.
on November 2, 2012
This was my first Sylvie Kurtz book and won't be the last. The story flowed so well, keeping my interest while I waited for the mystery to be solved. Even though I peeked at the ending, I felt tense as I read wondering how all of the pieces would be resolved. I highly recommend this book.
on November 30, 2012
This is a good romantic comedy. Sylvia Kurtz is a good writer and I enjoyed this book. Will read more.
on January 5, 2013
Author, Sylvie Kurtz has a way with words that keeps the suspense in motion. As a mother, I can only imagine what I would do in a similar circumstance. Very good.
on November 10, 2012
I usually don't read Romantic Suspense Novels, but as this one was free, I decided to try it. It was well written and kept me coming back to read more. Good book for being free.
on May 25, 2015
Lots of twist and turns to make this book interesting enough to keep you reading. Good characters. Looking forward to more from this author
on May 8, 2015
Good mystery. Would have liked a little more substance to the ending. The story was wrapped up too quickly with unanswered questions.
on January 13, 2013
I like a little more sizzle, and a litle less predictability in my romance mysteries. I wouldn't spend too much $$ on this one.
on January 4, 2013
An easy read, which was quite enjoyable but not a must read.
Quite an interesting story, but a predictable read.