Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on June 13, 2011
If you love hidden object games this one's for you! At first I didn't understand what exactly the "bilingual" meant by Amazon's title. When you begin the game there is a flag in the center of the page. You can choose between 3 different flags (English, Spanish and I think French). Whichever language you choose, the list of "hints" will be in that language. This game is more old school hidden object in that there are plenty of hidden object games and even though there is a "story" you can pretty much ignore it if you want to. There are a couple of items on the list that you might have trouble finding. That is because sometimes in other English speaking countries things are not always called the same thing as we call them. Examples I found in the first few puzzles are, a soccer ball is called a "football" and a flashlight is called a "torch." The game has a few mini games but they are not so impossible that you cannot get through them to finish the game.To get more hints you should find a "sun" on the hidden object page and sometimes to add more time to the games you have to find a "sand timer."

The only reason that I didn't give this game 5 stars is because there must be a "bug" in the game where sometimes you locate the correct item and no matter how many times you click on it, it doesn't respond. It seemed that when I used "hint" button the answer was the exact item that I had already tried. I thought it was just my game, but another reviewer had the exact same problem. It is not so major that it affects the game play.

I recommend this game wholeheartedly!
on July 8, 2011
I play a LOT of these "hidden item" games, because I don't have the attention span for anything more involved than that. This one has some really great features, and some things that are a little weird.

First of all, even though this looks like a kids' game, it's definitely not targeted at small children. For one, there's a whole subplot involving the heroine trying to bone her scuba-diving instructor, or something like that. There's also an entire level where the "hidden objects" consist of bras and thongs. I am not making this up. The humor is a bit more grownup than other games, like, say, Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir or Mystery P.I. Portrait of a Thief, two of my other favorite puzzle-y games.

As other folks have noted, there are some rather amusing language differences, too. (examples: football instead of soccer ball; catapult instead of slingshot; torch instead of flashlight.) Also, on a not at all relevant but creepy note, the default username it inserts when you start a new game is the same as my first name. This is slightly less creepy than Trace Memory, where you scan your "fingerprint" to reveal a character that has the same birthday and ethnic makeup as me, but it's still a little weird. :P

The graphics are a bit of a downer, just because they're even more pixelated than you'd think, which can make finding certain small objects surprisingly difficult. I also find the game is a little picky about tapping on hidden objects--you have to hit them in exactly the right way or it doesn't register. I also wish the hints were better-planned. There are two types of hints: one that tells you specifically where an object is, and another that pauses the countdown clock so you have more time to look for stuff. The problem is, if you're playing in "relaxed" mode, where you have basically forever to look, the pause-type hints are pretty much useless. I kinda wish the game would give you hints depending on the mode you're in.

But, there are a LOT of pluses to this game. For one, the gameplay is ridiculously long. For another, the variety of puzzles is AWESOME. (Although I really hate the "sound" ones, where you have to find an object based on the noise it makes, but that's because I'm hearing-impaired and thus have issues with anything that relies solely on a sound cue.) The music really annoyed me at first, but quickly grew on me and now I kinda love it. The replay value is also pretty high, since there's such a variety of puzzles and the game itself is pretty long.

So overall, while there are some definite things I wish were different, I enjoy playing this game and would recommend it, as long as you keep in mind some of the issues mentioned above.
55 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2011
The good thing: I could sit and play for a couple hours at a time, no problem. This game is fun!
The bad thing: I could sit and play for a couple hours at a time, no problem. I whipped through the "relaxed" mode in about 3 weeks and am now about halfway through the timed mode. Naturally, it's easier to complete the puzzles in the allotted time because I did the relaxed mode first and know where things are.

Like some other reviewers, I've had the problem of tapping on an object repeatedly and nothing happens but when I get a hint, it's the item I tapped on over and over.

I can't remember if it's mentioned at the very start of the game, but tapping on the sun that's in pretty much every puzzle will get you extra hints or extra time. When I tried the normal mode at first I didn't realize this and wasn't getting anywhere because I ran out of time and hints and was having to repeat levels because of it. Building up a nice supply of hints made a big difference. Also, there's the fact that a few items had European meanings, like torch (flashlight), football (soccer ball) and some others. What I call purses, the game called bags--and when it listed a purse as an item to find, it was a little change purse, not what I was thinking of at all. Because I knew some of the non-US terms, it wasn't too bad but I did get thrown off a few times.

I almost wish I didn't enjoy this game so much! I've only had it for about 6 weeks and I'll have played it out before long. I could play it again with a different user name but now I know where items are and it wouldn't be as fun.
on March 9, 2012
There were several things about this game that I liked, including the length, the clarity of scenes, and the extras like finding objects based on sound. However, the navigation annoyed me. You must move the cursor from the edges of the screen to move up, down, or sideways, rather than just drag the cursor up, down, or sideways from anywhere on the screen. When an object was found, it was greyed out, rather than disappearing. This was troublesome when you had to find more than one of the same thing; I found myself tapping on the greyed out objects several times.

The story, what little there was, moved along too fast, so I quickly gave up on following the story line and focused on the hidden objects instead. If you like hidden object games, this game has plenty of scenes. But I prefered other games like Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir, Salem Secrets, or any of the Professor Layton games.
on December 2, 2016
I got this game today for my grandson and I. I am on level 13 and stuck. It is a glitch. You can't move forward without feeding a bird and it will not work. It has 150 levels so 13 is not far. I have to return it. Also, the picture quality is not good. It is hard to see small objects because of pixelation.
on March 14, 2017
Great game! Great service!
on April 4, 2017
Fun
on December 23, 2011
I've been playing this game nonstop since I received it. It is a pretty descent game, keeps you interested for level to level because each one is a different kind of search. As one reviewer mentioned, it does use names of objects that are UK related like a football in the game is actually a soccer ball, a dummy is a pacifier, a torch is a flashlight, etc. This is confusing at first but the game allows hints so after you figure it out the first time then you know what you are looking for. The story line is cheesy but I read it anyway since it is the first time I am playing this type of game. It is pretty interesting game for the more adult crowd, I wouldn't recommend to younger kids because of the suggestive nature of the story line.
on March 6, 2017
Purchased this as a gift and it was a hit. Great for anyone who used to love find waldo :)
on February 23, 2012
For all of those who complain that hidden object games are too short, you NEED to play this game. It has well over 100 levels of hidden objects - tricky, but very manageable to find. I am astounded to say this, but at one point, I became frustrated that I had not yet finished the game - HA! I am so used to burning through hidden object games in 2 hours that this one really surprised me. After nearing what I thought was the end, my character traveled to another part of the country, only to reveal a zillion more levels. Well worth the money & time!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.