Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 8, 2011
I play a LOT of these "hidden item" games, because I don't have the attention span for anything more involved than that. This one has some really great features, and some things that are a little weird.

First of all, even though this looks like a kids' game, it's definitely not targeted at small children. For one, there's a whole subplot involving the heroine trying to bone her scuba-diving instructor, or something like that. There's also an entire level where the "hidden objects" consist of bras and thongs. I am not making this up. The humor is a bit more grownup than other games, like, say, Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir or Mystery P.I. Portrait of a Thief, two of my other favorite puzzle-y games.

As other folks have noted, there are some rather amusing language differences, too. (examples: football instead of soccer ball; catapult instead of slingshot; torch instead of flashlight.) Also, on a not at all relevant but creepy note, the default username it inserts when you start a new game is the same as my first name. This is slightly less creepy than Trace Memory, where you scan your "fingerprint" to reveal a character that has the same birthday and ethnic makeup as me, but it's still a little weird. :P

The graphics are a bit of a downer, just because they're even more pixelated than you'd think, which can make finding certain small objects surprisingly difficult. I also find the game is a little picky about tapping on hidden objects--you have to hit them in exactly the right way or it doesn't register. I also wish the hints were better-planned. There are two types of hints: one that tells you specifically where an object is, and another that pauses the countdown clock so you have more time to look for stuff. The problem is, if you're playing in "relaxed" mode, where you have basically forever to look, the pause-type hints are pretty much useless. I kinda wish the game would give you hints depending on the mode you're in.

But, there are a LOT of pluses to this game. For one, the gameplay is ridiculously long. For another, the variety of puzzles is AWESOME. (Although I really hate the "sound" ones, where you have to find an object based on the noise it makes, but that's because I'm hearing-impaired and thus have issues with anything that relies solely on a sound cue.) The music really annoyed me at first, but quickly grew on me and now I kinda love it. The replay value is also pretty high, since there's such a variety of puzzles and the game itself is pretty long.

So overall, while there are some definite things I wish were different, I enjoy playing this game and would recommend it, as long as you keep in mind some of the issues mentioned above.
71 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on August 13, 2011
The good thing: I could sit and play for a couple hours at a time, no problem. This game is fun!
The bad thing: I could sit and play for a couple hours at a time, no problem. I whipped through the "relaxed" mode in about 3 weeks and am now about halfway through the timed mode. Naturally, it's easier to complete the puzzles in the allotted time because I did the relaxed mode first and know where things are.

Like some other reviewers, I've had the problem of tapping on an object repeatedly and nothing happens but when I get a hint, it's the item I tapped on over and over.

I can't remember if it's mentioned at the very start of the game, but tapping on the sun that's in pretty much every puzzle will get you extra hints or extra time. When I tried the normal mode at first I didn't realize this and wasn't getting anywhere because I ran out of time and hints and was having to repeat levels because of it. Building up a nice supply of hints made a big difference. Also, there's the fact that a few items had European meanings, like torch (flashlight), football (soccer ball) and some others. What I call purses, the game called bags--and when it listed a purse as an item to find, it was a little change purse, not what I was thinking of at all. Because I knew some of the non-US terms, it wasn't too bad but I did get thrown off a few times.

I almost wish I didn't enjoy this game so much! I've only had it for about 6 weeks and I'll have played it out before long. I could play it again with a different user name but now I know where items are and it wouldn't be as fun.
4 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2016
I got this game today for my grandson and I. I am on level 13 and stuck. It is a glitch. You can't move forward without feeding a bird and it will not work. It has 150 levels so 13 is not far. I have to return it. Also, the picture quality is not good. It is hard to see small objects because of pixelation.
on January 10, 2017
I got mine before Christmas at a much cheaper price but the game is fun at any price. Thanks.
on March 9, 2012
There were several things about this game that I liked, including the length, the clarity of scenes, and the extras like finding objects based on sound. However, the navigation annoyed me. You must move the cursor from the edges of the screen to move up, down, or sideways, rather than just drag the cursor up, down, or sideways from anywhere on the screen. When an object was found, it was greyed out, rather than disappearing. This was troublesome when you had to find more than one of the same thing; I found myself tapping on the greyed out objects several times.

The story, what little there was, moved along too fast, so I quickly gave up on following the story line and focused on the hidden objects instead. If you like hidden object games, this game has plenty of scenes. But I prefered other games like Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir, Salem Secrets, or any of the Professor Layton games.
on December 19, 2017
It can be hard to find items because of the screen size, and the graphics are telling of the game's age. The only other difficulty is playing the game as an American, as the items have different names in US English vs. the English of other countries. Overall though, a good way to pass time if you don't get annoyed easily.
on March 18, 2013
A really fun game if you like hidden mystery games. Plays longer than some other games in this genre. Sometimes there are tapping issues, but overall it is not very often. There are a variety of ways the game lets you know what it wants you to find. Sometimes it is just a list, but other times it is sound, matching, clues, etc. There are also mini games where you find differences, slide levers to move things to the bottom, put puzzles together and others. Overall I really liked it. Finished it and will play it again.
on May 31, 2017
You have to find everything in All the areas or it wont save it if you do only one.... Crazy.. everyone hates it.
on September 8, 2016
Love this game, it is my new favorite!
on March 6, 2017
Purchased this as a gift and it was a hit. Great for anyone who used to love find waldo :)
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.