Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on July 8, 2011
I play a LOT of these "hidden item" games, because I don't have the attention span for anything more involved than that. This one has some really great features, and some things that are a little weird.

First of all, even though this looks like a kids' game, it's definitely not targeted at small children. For one, there's a whole subplot involving the heroine trying to bone her scuba-diving instructor, or something like that. There's also an entire level where the "hidden objects" consist of bras and thongs. I am not making this up. The humor is a bit more grownup than other games, like, say, Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir or Mystery P.I. Portrait of a Thief, two of my other favorite puzzle-y games.

As other folks have noted, there are some rather amusing language differences, too. (examples: football instead of soccer ball; catapult instead of slingshot; torch instead of flashlight.) Also, on a not at all relevant but creepy note, the default username it inserts when you start a new game is the same as my first name. This is slightly less creepy than Trace Memory, where you scan your "fingerprint" to reveal a character that has the same birthday and ethnic makeup as me, but it's still a little weird. :P

The graphics are a bit of a downer, just because they're even more pixelated than you'd think, which can make finding certain small objects surprisingly difficult. I also find the game is a little picky about tapping on hidden objects--you have to hit them in exactly the right way or it doesn't register. I also wish the hints were better-planned. There are two types of hints: one that tells you specifically where an object is, and another that pauses the countdown clock so you have more time to look for stuff. The problem is, if you're playing in "relaxed" mode, where you have basically forever to look, the pause-type hints are pretty much useless. I kinda wish the game would give you hints depending on the mode you're in.

But, there are a LOT of pluses to this game. For one, the gameplay is ridiculously long. For another, the variety of puzzles is AWESOME. (Although I really hate the "sound" ones, where you have to find an object based on the noise it makes, but that's because I'm hearing-impaired and thus have issues with anything that relies solely on a sound cue.) The music really annoyed me at first, but quickly grew on me and now I kinda love it. The replay value is also pretty high, since there's such a variety of puzzles and the game itself is pretty long.

So overall, while there are some definite things I wish were different, I enjoy playing this game and would recommend it, as long as you keep in mind some of the issues mentioned above.
55 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2011
If you love hidden object games this one's for you! At first I didn't understand what exactly the "bilingual" meant by Amazon's title. When you begin the game there is a flag in the center of the page. You can choose between 3 different flags (English, Spanish and I think French). Whichever language you choose, the list of "hints" will be in that language. This game is more old school hidden object in that there are plenty of hidden object games and even though there is a "story" you can pretty much ignore it if you want to. There are a couple of items on the list that you might have trouble finding. That is because sometimes in other English speaking countries things are not always called the same thing as we call them. Examples I found in the first few puzzles are, a soccer ball is called a "football" and a flashlight is called a "torch." The game has a few mini games but they are not so impossible that you cannot get through them to finish the game.To get more hints you should find a "sun" on the hidden object page and sometimes to add more time to the games you have to find a "sand timer."

The only reason that I didn't give this game 5 stars is because there must be a "bug" in the game where sometimes you locate the correct item and no matter how many times you click on it, it doesn't respond. It seemed that when I used "hint" button the answer was the exact item that I had already tried. I thought it was just my game, but another reviewer had the exact same problem. It is not so major that it affects the game play.

I recommend this game wholeheartedly!
on August 13, 2011
The good thing: I could sit and play for a couple hours at a time, no problem. This game is fun!
The bad thing: I could sit and play for a couple hours at a time, no problem. I whipped through the "relaxed" mode in about 3 weeks and am now about halfway through the timed mode. Naturally, it's easier to complete the puzzles in the allotted time because I did the relaxed mode first and know where things are.

Like some other reviewers, I've had the problem of tapping on an object repeatedly and nothing happens but when I get a hint, it's the item I tapped on over and over.

I can't remember if it's mentioned at the very start of the game, but tapping on the sun that's in pretty much every puzzle will get you extra hints or extra time. When I tried the normal mode at first I didn't realize this and wasn't getting anywhere because I ran out of time and hints and was having to repeat levels because of it. Building up a nice supply of hints made a big difference. Also, there's the fact that a few items had European meanings, like torch (flashlight), football (soccer ball) and some others. What I call purses, the game called bags--and when it listed a purse as an item to find, it was a little change purse, not what I was thinking of at all. Because I knew some of the non-US terms, it wasn't too bad but I did get thrown off a few times.

I almost wish I didn't enjoy this game so much! I've only had it for about 6 weeks and I'll have played it out before long. I could play it again with a different user name but now I know where items are and it wouldn't be as fun.
on March 6, 2013
But it is really hard to see the graphics on this. This game isn't good for DS screens. I'm sure it would be better suited as an Android app.
on March 6, 2017
Purchased this as a gift and it was a hit. Great for anyone who used to love find waldo :)
on March 14, 2017
Great game! Great service!
on April 4, 2017
Fun
on December 7, 2010
This game was worth the money. It took some time to play and had interesting locations. I would recommend this to others.
on February 5, 2011
I REALLY LIKED THIS GAME AS A MATTER OF FACT I'M PLAYING IT A SECOND TIME. THE ONLY THING IS, NOT ONLY WITH THIS HIDDEN OBJECT GAME, IS THAT THERE ARE SO MANY OBJECTS TO FIND BUT YOU ARE ARE ALWAYS GIVEN THE SAME OBECTS. OTHER THAN THIS I LIKED THE GAME VERY MUCH.
on January 27, 2011
I love any hidden objects game and this is a great one. Wish there were more out there to purchase for the Nintendo DS.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.