Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 209 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 237 reviews
on February 16, 2014
Having fallen in love with the first two volumes, I was thrilled when I heard that Vol. III was available. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed; it exceeded my high expectations. To me, it is almost like a continuation of the other two volumes, only this one is all about Jesus.

The extremely talented songwriter/composer, Jay Stocker, has taken verses from the Bible and transformed them into lovely songs with some of the most breathtakingly beautiful orchestral accompaniment I have ever heard. Then they somehow found the perfect singers (male and female) with the softest, most gentle and peacefully soothing voices to sing the songs. Several songs are so touching and powerful, they brought me to tears when I first listened to them. The reason they are so powerful is that each song focuses on 1-3 Bible verses that are already very comforting and well known-the ones we say aloud or to ourselves when we need encouragement or strength in difficult situations. But when they are presented in this way, the effect is an unbelievably powerful experience.

Personally, the past couple years have been very difficult for me, having lost my husband to cancer in 2012, then being diagnosed with cancer myself a month later, and enduring all that goes along with that. I cannot describe the comfort I have gotten from listening to all three of the CD's. There seems to be an appropriate song for every fear and emotion that I have, whatever time of day or night it is. I have found that I "need" to listen to this music, and so it is on the hard drive of my car stereo, in my CD player at home, and on my I-pod. I have to have this music with me wherever I go! And I never tire of it.

For me specifically, Vol. III addresses worry in "Take No Thought For Tomorrow", uncertainty and trust in "Faith", fears and panic in "Peace Be Still", distress and anxiety in "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled", and the most powerful, in my opinion, is about the power of the name of Jesus in "By His Name".

These are labelled "lullabies", but I don't consider them to be lullabies, although they would be very appropriate for babies, since they are so soft and soothing-both the voices and the accompaniment. I would recommend them for any age group to listen to at any time of the day or night. It might also be a good way for people to learn the Bible verses, if they don't already know them.

I have begun a ministry of distributing "Comfort-Therapy" bags to patients starting chemotherapy. This series of three CD's has had such an impact on my life that I now include one of these CD's in every bag that I give out, so that other people can experience the same comfort and peace that I have from these songs. There is just nothing else available that compares.

Hoping there is a Volume IV in the near future!
33 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2014
This is a wonderful CD that I love giving as gifts for baby showers. You can hear the music samples here or on the Scripture Lullabies website. This music is very relaxing and a wonderful way to fill your mind with Scripture. On this particular edition of Hidden in My Heart they have verses based on the life of Jesus. The last song is called Turn your eyes upon Jesus, a beautiful way to end this great collection of songs. This may be my favorite of the Hidden in my Heart collection, but it is hard to decide since they all have great songs on the other 2 editions. You, your children, and any other person would benefit from listening to the verses sung on the life of Jesus. Lastly, I also love how by purchasing these CDs you are also helping them to donate 1 CD to a pregnancy crisis center for every 10 CDs purchased.
on February 26, 2014
I am all about feeding myself the truth of the Word at times when I fail to make time to read.

I grew up listening to rock, metal and punk, and there was a time I could not find comfort in mainstream contemporary Christian music because, until these last 8-10 years, it was never "rock" or "modern" enough (though with digging I found some "killer" Christian music in the 90's).

Then Christ changed my heart in my mid-20's, and I started enjoying ANYTHING that praised or worshiped Jesus our Savior. All the while friends my age (and some older) made fun of me. Even my Christian wife would make me changed the channel, as most "Christians" were truly conformed to secular lifestyles and trends. (She divorced me for non-biblical reason so perhaps that goes to prove how few "confessing Christians" truly love our Lord. But that's not what this review is about - even though the comment will supplement part of what I say about this CD in a bit).

Eventually I became in need for the meatier stuff and tuned out of music altogether to listen to sermons whenever I was not reading the Bible because I wanted the spiritual food. Even as there became more "Christian" rock on the radio, these songs were no longer doing it... not nourishing me in long-standing ways... and, though many of the Christian artists have expressed profound truths, I still felt starved outside of perhaps occasional 3 and 1/2 minute God moments with these artists.

I grew up in a Psalm singing church and, at this point in my life, I began wanting access to the Psalms/Scriptures at all times, for I had no energy to "search the scriptures diligently" with every new Christian tune that came out. I found myself singing some songs that weren't perhaps as theologically sound as they were catchy or popular. I must stress how important it is to discern what preachers and prophets say. Jesus stressed this and so did his apostles, especially Peter and Jude. Modern churches call it brow-beating or spiritual paranoia, but we are called to truly utilize Scriptures to discern truth from lie, especially in the "last days".

Then I started finding some music that sang scriptures just like my parents' church did when I was younger. Sons of Korah, for example, creates amazing arrangements of the Psalms, but now I need something my two little girls would love as well.

I found these CD's at my current fellowship church, and I picked up Hidden in My Heart, Volumes I and II. This was about 4 months ago and I have hardly removed them from my car's CD player unless I was putting in the other These were mostly Psalms, but not exclusively. What wasn't Psalm was based on another section of Scripture (The four gospels, Lamentations, Romans, and even Numbers, to name a few) I recently bought this Volume III and have not been the slightest bit disappointed. They sing the scriptures in arrangements I have not previously heard, and I get the truths of Scripture that I can now sing out loud like it's more personal to me.

My girls love "beautiful lady music" that sing about God (Celtic Psalms/Hymns), and there are other songs on certain compilation CDs where I constantly have to skip all the men singing to go to the "beautiful lady music". But the Hidden In My Heart Volumes 1-3 CD's are different... the lullaby style satisfies my 4 year old's desire for music whether it is man or woman, and I am thrilled that my 18 month old is attempting to sing to these songs as well. They are memorizing Scripture at a young age, and I feel completely blessed by this.

Last thing I'll mention is... when I drop the girls off... the CD stays on. I'm a 32 year old male who looks a little more rugged than most, unashamedly listening to this lullaby music because it is truly beautiful as the Word of God & the Truth of Jesus, and the music and singing is beautiful. Going through a divorce, I feel like I'm a child in need of his Father God more than ever, and hearing the truths of God's love, as according to the Scriptures and in the style of lullaby, I am constantly reminded I am His child and He loves me. This is very mature lullaby music, by the way. It's not as awkward as you would think for an adult to take pride in it as part of his collection of music.
on July 2, 2016
Found a selection of songs from Hidden in My Heart on YouTube barely a month back. I was searching for a wonderful lullaby CD to share with my future baby and found something that rather ended up comforting myself. I was feeling anxious of becoming a new mom and pressure from just how much trust God has placed on me with this newly forming life. I was also feeling a lot of morning sickness. Honestly, their songs wound up reminding me of just who God was and that I wasn't alone. I ended up falling asleep and I have never been able to do that to any music before. I listen to that playlist every time I get morning sickness and somehow it always ends up going away or ends with me falling peacefully asleep. Thank you for the beautiful arrangements in these CD's and the soothing voices. I hope my child will be just as comforted by listening to these songs about Jesus.
Arrived on time and in great condition!
on March 12, 2014
Our family is so thankful for how these musicians have creatively set the Word of God to such beautiful and heart-stirring music. We acquired the first 2 CDs a little over a year ago as a gift during the birth of our daughter, and since then have spent many hours listening to them. We also just recently purchased this 3rd album - another gem that we and our children have loved listening to the past few weeks.

Originally I thought these would be great CDs for teaching Scripture to our kids - and some of the songs are very singable and do just that. Others I would classify as "very beautiful, but not as easily singable for kids." (Note: The Steve Green "Hide 'em in Your Heart" are a fantastic way for kids to learn Scriptures). However, that doesn't mean these are a waste. On the contrary, they are still a soothing balm to this mother's heart on many occasions. Parents, you will benefit from these CDs just as much - if not more than - your kids.

Another note: The song "He is Risen" on this CD is worth the entire album. So wonderfully triumphant without being overbearing - and perfect for the upcoming Easter season. Friends at BreakAway, please publish a choral arrangement of this song for our churches! We want it desperately!

Thank you, Jay Stocker & co. for giving us God's Truth packaged in Beauty.
on January 15, 2017
I purchased all 3 volumes. I love scripture music and was so happy to come across these. I know they are titled as lullabies, however there is nothing childish about this music. These are soothing songs, filled with truth and promises. I love how one song flows into the next, often with key changes before the next track begins. This and the other two volumes flow seamlessly from beginning to end, allowing one to drift off to sleep (if that is what you are using it for) without any jarring moments. These songs are also wonderful for meditating on the Word. I can play one over and over and not get bored of the melody or message.

Well done - and I'm looking forward to the next volume!
on August 28, 2016
I have been looking for baby/children peaceful lullaby songs to play in my kids room at night and threw out the day and everything I have bought has not been everything I have been looking for. "Hidden in My Heart" has been PERFECT!!! I even play it in our room at night while we sleep and threw out the day! I would not buy and will not buy anything else but "Hidden in My Heart"! its AMAZING the Scriptures they choose to sing and they sing them Exactly the way they are said in the bible! I'm buying everyone they have! I sleep better, my kids wake up better and sleep threw the night, we are also completely in Gods presents constantly! this is the BEST children's lullabies you can buy! :) cant wait to see what else they come out with!:)
on December 16, 2015
I was not sure I would like it as much as the first one but it made a perfect baby shower gift and Amazon took so long to deliver it we could not get it there by her birthday so I sent one directly to my friends house and when mine arrived that was supposed to be hers I must admit I decided to listen and it's wonderful! Beautiful peaceful Scripture and hope filled! These make the best baby shower gift ever! Who's pregnant! I listen to volume 1 in the hospital almost continuously after having my second baby and wish I had it for my first it's wonderful for mom and baby! So nice to have this type of music instead of obnoxious kid music! Thank you to those who made this and praise the Lord for your talent and your peaceful voices
on January 15, 2016
We love the scripture lullabies. Scripture based, soothing, and such a great addition to anyone's music library. Songs are well written and music is awesome. I buy these as gifts for our friends we love them so much.
I have two different Hidden in My Heart Volumes and will be sure to buy them all. I actually think I listen to them just as much as my kids.
It is really nice to have playing quietly at bedtime or during quiet time.
My oldest plays it on repeat all night long and its nice that it isn't over stimulating.
Definitely worth the money and something the entire family can listen to and enjoy. Perfect for new babies, kids, and adults alike.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2015
I purchased the first CD in this series and was blown away! I decided to go ahead and get the others. THEY ARE AMAZING! Every aspect of these CD's is quality and talent. They are perfect to have playing in the background while reminding you of God's truths in such a lyrical and calm way. These are the audio version of heaven on earth. I have gifted multiple copies of this CD (as well as the others) to so many people-various ages and reasons. It is such an incredible resource to have to give to friends, family or anyone God has cross your path who needs encouragement and the peace of God. It is not much more then the price of a quality greeting card, but has such an incredible impact.